main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reactions] U.S. Presidential Election Day 2012

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Two BLACK guys. They can intimidate, like, 10,000 white people.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Didn't someone say that article was a joke? I have a hard time imagining Buchanan being that blatant.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It is a satirical website, yes.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  7. Platelet

Platelet Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone needs to tell the Tea Party to put their big girl panties on and stop being so melodramatic.

Or, since America apparently committed suicide (which I would read as beyond help), why don't they bail and give up the seats they hold in the House?

Edit: On a lighter note, four more years of ridiculous and absurd Obama photoshops [face_flag]

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    There's some kind of mistake. That list doesn't include the one of Obama reading Where the Wild Things Are.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Shouldn't that be Barrack Obama writes The Tea Party's Obituary?

Jedi_Dajuan and Juliet316 like this.
  10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    For all the talk by Republicans about how this year would be like 1980 and undecideds would march in lockstep to Romney and away from Obama, I think they were right that it resembles 1980. It's the most resounding victory for either party since then, I think, and certainly the biggest one under difficult circumstances. In 2008, Democrats could and did run against the W administration and the economy. No way to do that this time. Instead, they had to go with Obama and the last four years. They won. Only the gerrymandering of districts by various states kept the House from going back into Democratic control.

In 1980, at least as we look back on it, we know that the age of conservatism was dawning, and that just about everything would be taking place under the influence of Reagan. Now, I think, things will be taking place under the influence of Obama. In 1984, voters ratified Reagan's presidency and conservatism as it was at the time. I think you could say similar things about Obama and the Democratic party as it is today.

The thing for Democrats to watch out for is to get complacent and/or believe that most voters approve of Democratic ideas in general (which are pretty varied, more so than Republican ideas these days, I think). I think what's happened is that voters are going with the party and politicians that are still more or less anchored to reality, even if there are disagreements. Those disagreements are far more acceptable than the party that has gone off the rails, unmoored from reality.

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Coming from the view of a moderate Republican who watched the complete repudiation of the party platform in places as obscure as North Dakota last night, I would hope that these whackjobs would take things a bit more seriously than trotting out Sarah Palin "lamestream media"-like stunts. The party will survive, but I think one thing was made crystal clear last night- those 30+ televised primary debates featuring candidates trying to "out-crazy" each other when it comes to insulting key demographics did a whole lot of damage, and we'll need every minute available until 2014 to fix it. This stuff is a waste of time and effort that should be placed elsewhere.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    God, those were absolutely exhausting, and they make the candidates look like kooks, which admittedly isn't that hard to do in some cases.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  14. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Apparently, she's convinced that Obama won because people didn't share her conservative YouTube videos enough.

Awww . . . cannot get your ship out!! :p

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Woman needs to log off and get some fresh air.

16. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Is he related to Barack Obama, the U.S. President?

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Alcoholics are SO DAMN FUNNY I can't handle it

18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

*nope*

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I like how she is mad that Sarah Palin didn't run, as that would surely have spelled Obama's doom.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I really don't have much hope in the modern GOP. It's very scary, actually. I'm not really sure what to do.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  21. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Go off the rails on a crazy train?

That is my guess.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Start your own party?

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I tried that. People just ate all my food and then left a mess.

Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  24. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    You could join the Modern Whig Party, and help restore the two party system back to its pre-Lincoln state.

25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    That's what you get for starting the Pizza Party.