main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance at all the 20th Century Fox fanfare will still be at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There is no chance that Fox is going to distribute the ST so we won't be seeing the Fox intro.

Lucasfilm is being kept a separate film studio like Marvel or PIxar. Both Marvel and Pixar movies don't from my memory have Disney logo's.

2. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    As long as it's not released under Touchstone. Just about the worst logos, ever.

3. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    All the Pixar films have the Disney castle at the very beginning, followed by the Pixar 'lamp' logo.

4. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The Avengers has been the only Marvel film that has been distributed by Disney... Somebody want to comment on what they did there? It was credited to Paramount.

John Carter:

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I don't see it happening, but I think the second the "A long time ago" pops up and cuts to the Star Wars yellow logo with the theme (which they'd BETTER keep), then we'll all quickly forget about it.

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The normal fox fanfare is just sort of boring after 6 films of hearing it in Star Wars.

So instead, maybe they should modify it.

I think this would sound good as the opening of Episode 7.

Darth Sone likes this.
  7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Disney paid $4 billion for SW (and other LFL properties). There's NO way they're not putting the DIsney castle up front.

DM99 likes this.
  8. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Once you hear the opening notes of the main theme and see that big yellow Star Wars logo, no is going to care that the 20th century fox fanfare/logo is missing

9. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    No chance at all.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No way we'll be seeing the Fox intro in front of the new films. Why would Disney put another company's logo on their film? That's just bad from a business standpoint.

If anything, we'll see a new and creative take on the current Disney castle intro.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I want to see the "Disney" logo (with the cutesy cursive and everything) to sparkle exactly like the Lucasfilm logo.

DM99 likes this.
  12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Not to be rude to Disney, but since we aren't getting 20th Century Fox before it, which IS a big part of the excitement and anticipation before the movie actually starts, then please don't put a stupid mouse house or some nonsense before it either. JUST start with Lucasfilm's logo, that's it.

13. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I like the Disney logo - as long as they make it up all SW-styled.

14. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm trying to imagine how disney would change the castle. any ideas?

15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    THISSSS Absoluely this! Nothing else!!!!

usual start of Disney Logo. Than disney theme fades away and everything turns dark accept the castle which starts to glowing green in the darkness. Than lucasfilm logo animation starts and Disney letters turn into Lucasfilm letters (but still with the font of Disney).

A good visual compositor can easily make something great of this idea.

John Williams can also composite a new short theme which starts after disney theme.

16. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    or they could fave ralpf wiggum hum it.

17. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    I meant have not fave. editing is tough on a smart phone.

18. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    Have the disney castle set on a star wars planet with star ships in the air. john williams can rework the disney theme to sound star warsy

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    IMO a lack of music all together might be nice. The "A long time ago..." comes up without sound before the powerful disruption of the opening theme accompanied by the crawl. I would think that Star Wars music prior to this would be a bad choice. I wouldn't want to see the Disney castle with Star Wars music then go silent before coming back to Star Wars music. I think that weakens that first opening note when the crawl begins. I mean that's what I imagine people will be cheering to when the movie opens and they are back in a theater watching a new Star Wars movie.

I think they can do the Disney Castle, followed by the LucasFilm Logo followed by the "A long time ago..." all in silence, or they can even just do the standard Disney opening. But I don't think they should "Star Wars" it up or play any kind of Star Wars music before the opening crawl.

Darth Sone likes this.
  20. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    There might be a slight chance of seeing the 20th century fox fanfare again.

Iron Man in 2008 was distributed by Paramount. Of course, by 2009 - Marvel was bought by Disney.

For Iron Man 2 and the Avengers, I read that Disney paid 115 million to Paramount for them to distribute these movies. Thus, you don't see the Disney logo before the movie starts but that of Paramount.

Now, their arrangement may well be different, however, I think this may provide a good argument that Disney could strike some deal with Fox and still have them distribute the next trilogy.

What do others think?

21. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Why couldn't they do a dark sounding Disney theme that elevates in volume and ends in a kettle drum "drum roll" and orchestral cymbal crash? Not quite copying Fox's music....it's just one note :)

22. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't think there's a need for a fanfare. Silence when the Disney and the Lucasfilm logos appear would be good enough.

23. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    It makes no sense.

Besides, I love the Disney opening sequence/logo.

24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Nope!! Disney needs to brand their own star wars movies & leave the fox product alone. Disney needs to create their own Star Wars franchise. The Fox days & saga is over.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    That was about the corporate entity of Marvel having a standing film production and distribution with Paramount. (Meaning, Paramount has a contract to release x amounts of Marvel Studios movies) Subsequently, Disney bought Marvel, and had to work within the existing contract with Paramount.

Disney has no such limitations with Ep 7-9. A better analogy is that Lucasfilm cannot just release Ep. 1-6 in 3D without Fox being a party to the distribution. So they will have Fox fanfare, at least, until 2020, when the Fox contract ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.