main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    - Yeah...I hear that. I just hope though. But I know it's kinda asking a lot.

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Worst case scenario for me is Williams writes the new themes and a protege does the rest of the scoring. But he's still conducting a live orchestra regularly and there hasn't been any actual news of any ill health. And 80 is not what it used to be. People live much longer now.

3. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I dunno if his age would be an issue, but I know there are probably a lot of great composers out there that could mimic his style. They definitely can't *** up the music...that is for sure.

Mav Edit: Cant use the fake version of that word, either.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They can't *** up the music? I thought the concern was that someone else trying to copy Williams' style of music for SW could too easily *** it up.

5. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    - I agree. I think someone absolutely could screw it up.

6. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I really can't wait to see what happens I will be scouring the net for spoilers when it's done filming because I love spoilers it doesn't ruin it for me

7. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont mind spoilers either, but to a certain degree :) ;)

8. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    You mean you won't read the novelization and/or the visual dictionary before seeing the movie?
    I always do!!!:)

9. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I'll have the Making of, Art of & novel waiting for me when I get home; but I want this to be a 99% spoiler free experience. Apart from trailers / commercials & spoiler free promotion, I don't want to know anything at all.

10. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Good luck! I tried with AOTC and lasted about a month, I was in from the start with ROTS and really enjoyed checking for spoilers whenever I could, I enjoyed it as much as the movie itself in the end. I remember some of the juicy ROTS spoilers coming from MF.com, are those guys still around?

11. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    AOTC was the last movie was ever spoiled for. Because...it spoiled the movie for me. ROTS played so much better not knowing anything beyond the 2 trailers. 2000-2002 my life kinda derailed, I had a lot of dead time on my hands...and as they say, "idle hands are the devil's playthings". But I learned my lesson. I pay to be surprised by a movie, not to see actors mouth a script I already know by heart.

admiral_Jim and eht13 like this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree. It will be difficult, but I only want to know the high level storyline ahead of time. I'll watch the trailers and read some overall summaries, but I definitely won't be going into the detail level of leaked scripts, etc.

13. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
    '
    Yep :) I dont mind trailers and a few photos, but thats it. I dont want to much plot info. Just whats officialy released in the plotdetails :) Thtas enough for me ;)

Bowen likes this.
  14. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Nice Cobra...

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  15. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    My feelings exactly, just can't help myself :S plus I enjoyed hanging out in 3SA too much

16. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    They could, although some of the composers for The Old Republic MMORPG and such have sufficed.

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Thanks, but it's not a Cobra, it's a Shelby GT500. ;)

Bowen likes this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Thanks for that prequel rumours website. Some of those whoppers are priceless. This one in particular made me laugh out loud: Liam Neeson's character is rumoured to become Palpatine at the end of Episode 2.

I’m still chuckling.

20. Vest boots and stripe

Vest boots and stripe Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is another great prequel rumour: Mark Hamill might play Anakin in Episodes 2 and 3.

[face_laugh]

22. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
    Signed!! :) .. and Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker petition!! ;)
    http://www.change.org/petitions/cast-mark-hamill-to-reprise-the-role-of-luke-skywalker

23. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96840

Michael Arndt to Draft Star Wars: Episode VII?

Rumors are flying fast and furious regarding the recently-announced Star Wars: Episode VII with Vulture today reporting that Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt has turned in a detailed 50-page treatment for the sci-fi sequel and that it's quite likely he'll wind up drafting the screenplay.
    Arndt, who also wrote Little Miss Sunshine (winning him an Academy Award) and the upcoming Oblivion and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, is a noted fan of George Lucas's seminal film series and has publicly lectured about their merits.
    The site is also reporting the rumor that Arndt's treatment includes the characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo and, in light of recent news, it's very likely that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford will return to their respective roles.

All of this being said, the only confirmed information on Star Wars: Episode VII at this time is that it will see a release in 2015. Check back for more details as they become available.

24. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    How long until someone rips the audio from this & makes a first rate fan trailer for VII?

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Like, Mark's voice totally makes it canon.