main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What are your fears for the sequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by InterestingLurker, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    My fears:

-anything to do with the eu
    -Earth would be unlikely, but heck no.
    -Sith, they got owned, bring on a new order of "lighsaber wielding MANIACS!!!"
    -Jar Jar.. Though I wouldn't be that mad actually, I didn't care about him
    -killing Luke Han Leia or Chewie

and I guess I could go on?

2. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    If there are no Sith or Dark Jedi I will be VERY disappointed.

tekkamansoul likes this.
  3. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    That puts into words perfectly what the PT did for me. My expectations are so low that the ST can't possibly disappoint.

Heero_Yuy and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    THAT IT WILL SUCK!!

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  5. Lando8813

Lando8813 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    I mainly fear that it will just end up being another summer blockbuster and nothing that special. Kind of like how I feel about Avengers. Its a good movie but its not something I will remember fondly years from now like most summer movies these days.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I agree. I kind of hope it has a nov/dec release to avoid this issue. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Disney will pass up the summer blockbuster opportunity.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Star Wars has the potential to be a summer blockbuster and a cultural icon!

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know. That's why most of the EU is meaningless to me.

Which are also in TCW and will possibily become the ruling faction.

9. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    That, though it will have the title and maybe even the same actors as the other films, it won't FEEL like star wars. I'd hate it if it didn't have the same editing and thematic cues, wipes and sound effects (hope Ben Burtt is still on board as SFX supervisor, can't wait to hear new material from him). If it felt like any other sci-fi movie (Aliens for example) then I would not be a happy (waiting in front of the theater for midnight premiere tix) camper.

10. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    My single biggest fear is that Lucas's story treatments for episodes 7-9 will turn out to be bad – so bad that no amount of changes, modifications, and/or talented actors and director(s) will be able to redeem the movies into something decent (let alone great), and that those failures will haunt the "new" EU. Once the news broke out that episodes 7-9 were on the way and that would be based on "story treatments" by Lucas, I googled the term. Here's what Wikpedia has to say (for film treatment, which I assume is the same thing):

I'd be substantially more enthusiastic about the new movies if Lucas had just handed in simple outlines for the new movies. One part that has me especially worried from the definition is the possibility that Lucas might have included/imposed in his treatment(s) a particular directorial style that will turn out to be inadequate or just flat out wrong for the sequels. Empire Strikes Back, IMO the best of the six movies, achieved its status because Lucas's original script was heavily rewritten and he didn't direct. On the other hand, Lucas had free reins with the prequel trilogy, and those… didn't turn out so well, at least in my opinion. So, even if Lucas has very little/nothing to do with the new movies from now on, I fear the damage he may already have done.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  11. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    My fears about the sequel trilogy:

Lucasfilm hires Super Shadow to write the script.

12. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012

Empire and Jedi were both based on the story treatments that George wrote.
    George is great when it comes to mapping out the master plan, but a new writer will come in and write the dialogue and tighten it up.

Probably see Story by: George Lucas Screenplay by: Lawerence Kasdan.

13. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    The Black Watch? Not a fan of their portrayal. Maybe I'm tough to please. lol

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Maul had no backstory but Count dooku did in the attack of the clones. Remember mace windu talked about him once being part of the jedi order?

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I like the way Dooku was handled in AOTC. It was quite mysterious. He was talked about throughout the film. It was a nice build-up to his eventual appearance.

Alexrd likes this.
  16. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    1. Disney tries to make a movie for die hard fans.

2. Los of forced exposition and ridiculous bakstory a la PT.

3. Lots and lots of CGI

4. Too broad a scope that you don't care or relate to the characters

5. Unnecesary cameos and nods to previous characters, ships (mf), or places. It's not needed.

6. A movie that only SW fans appreciate.

7. A movie that follows EU post ROTJ as canon.

8. Another superweapon.

9. Another Harry Potter/ Twilight / Hunger Games wannabe

10. It will further de-value and de-mystify the Force, Obi-wan and the greatness that is the OT

I for one would rather have a good tight movie even if it ruffled the feathers of a few or most fans one way or another.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  17. PleaseNoTimeTravel

PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2012
    That, like TCW, it will be make for little kids.

18. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I appreciate all the optimism from us fans, but really we all know they will produce whatever will net the biggest returns. Jar-Jar-esque highjinks are certain to ensue. Still, my inner SW geek wont care that much.[face_thinking]

19. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

True.

No Lucas, no Star Wars period!

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Fortunately that's not true.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, because a show that features people getting stabbed through the chest by lightsabers, Force choked, suicide bombers, kidnapped babies, and traitorous clones trying to kill their commander is definitely just a kid's show. :p

I agree the biggest fears are:

(1) Too many hamfisted tie-ins to the Saga - some nods are fine, but don't bash us over the head with it;
    (2) More hamfisted explanations about the Force - hated the midichlorian stuff, and didn't like what Lucas came up with for the Mortis arc on TCW;
    (3) John Williams will be unavailable or even worse, they'll use someone else to take the show "in a new direction";
    (4) as pointed out above, it will be an extremely entertaining blockbuster a la Avengers but won't have that SW magic;
    (5) lens flares;)
    (6) too much "Kiddie" stuff - poodoo jokes, army of droids so there's no blood, etc.

22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    TCW is for all ages, and it has contained pretty dark stuff, such as child murder, gore, a Jedi being tortured to death, neck-snapping(they actually show the neck being snapped instead of having the camera pan to something else), suicide, decapitations, terrorism, and so on.

Oh, and it's "made," not "make."

23. Pimpsy

Pimpsy Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    But its animated! Nothing mature can be animated! /sarcasm

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    although, "please no time travel" is a fair point. :p

25. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I fear nothing. I will trust those in charge are taking this seriously and will do what THEY feel is right and not pander to anyone.