main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Rex will take it like a real man, whatever will happen.

master skyguy...

lol

2. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    TUPID connection error made this DP

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Maybe he survives through TCW and he is there on the assault on the Jedi Temple

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope he does not survive and has a glorious death that will be remembered.

5. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I was bored last night, so I decided that I'd give The Clone Wars a watch and see what I thought, and I can honestly say that I'm sad that I didn't pay attention to the series a heck of a lot earlier. I'm still very early on in my viewing (having decided to watch it in chronological order, I'm only about 1/3 of the way into the 'pilot' movie, which is the third thing I've watched behind Cat & Mouse and The Hidden Enemy), but, as of now, it's got everything that I like about Star Wars, coupled with a sense of fun and adventure that I personally think has been missing from children's programming since the late '90s/early '00s. I'm also really digging the relationships between the primary characters, particularly Anakin and Ahsoka; I really like her spunk and earnestness, and, although I'm still barely in the beginning of their relationship at the moment, there are definitely signs of exactly how and why her presence and partnership - all of his initial reluctance and protestations aside - helped Anakin become the person he is at the start of Revenge of the Sith, and why she was assigned to him in the first place. They have nearly-identical personalities and temperaments at the point in their lives at which they meet, and consequently make an excellent team despite Anakin's still-present reluctance to have her around.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Thanks for the welcome. In addition to what I said above re: Anakin and Ahsoka, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between their relationship - even at the still-early stage at which it is as I'm watching - and the relationship that Anakin has with Obi-Wan both in AotC and RotS. I just watched the sequence in the TCW movie where Anakin and Ahsoka raced each other to the top of the cliff to get to the monastery, and was immediately reminded of the scene at the start of RotS where Anakin and Obi-Wan advance on the Invisible Hand.

I've now reached the point in the TCW movie where Dooku just showed Jabba that holo-recording of Anakin and Ahsoka trying to get his son back to their ship because he's sick, and have to say that, despite the differences in medium, the TCW movie is really incredibly similar in tone and structure not only to the Prequels, but also to Episodes IV, V, and VI, and I'm consequently really confused as to why the film received such a poor reception when it first came out. It really isn't any more or less child-oriented than the aforementioned films, and strikes me very much as being particularly similar in tone and structure to Return of the Jedi, with the intrigue and somewhat ominous undertones of The Empire Strikes Back tossed in as well.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not convinced the TCW team sees Rex as a "main character" in the same way as Ahsoka.

9. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ I do; If I were going to list the main cast of the series, at least based on "Cat & Mouse", "The Hidden Enemy", and the movie, it'd be as follows:
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Obi-Wan
    Yularen
    Captain Rex
    Commander Cody (although he's not in the movie much)
    R-2

I'd consider everyone else to be a recurring character, although you could argue that Ventress and Dooku are also main characters because their roles are on part, substantively, with the above-mentioned characters, at least in "The Hidden Enemy" and the movie.

10. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Hmm. I'd disagree, at least based on "Cat & Mouse", "The Hidden Enemy", and the movie. If I were going to list the series' main cast of characters, it would be as follows:
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Obi-Wan
    Captain Rex
    Commander Cody (although he's not in the movie much)
    Admiral Yularen
    R-2

You could probably make the argument that both Dooku and Ventress belong on that list as well, although I'm not sure how substantial their roles are in the episodes that follow the movie.

11. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    During the first season for the most part, I'd agree with that assessment. As the series goes on, you may see that list tighten up a bit. Some episodes focus on Jedi, some on Clones, some on the battles of the clone wars, and some on things that might not otherwise have much to do with them at all. I think one of the best things about the series over all is, at least to my mind, it doesn't do the same thing over and over again each week.

12. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Hmm. I'm not sure I'd expect that list to shrink as the series goes on unless some of the characters on it are dropped from the series entirely, although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it grow as the series goes on.

Most ensemble series have a consistent list of main characters, although not all of said characters are going to make appearances in every single episode; that doesn't change their 'main character' status, though, unless they're specifically said to have been demoted to recurring status.

13. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Anyone saw Bariss Offee again? After brain invaders she got lost. What happened to her?

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    She made a cameo along with Ahsoka in the opening of Darkness on Umbara.

DM99 likes this.
  15. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    She showed up in the newsreel in Darkness on Umbara, was present in Grievous Intirgue, and was at Obi-Wan's "funeral."
    Edit: Akash beat me to it.

DM99 likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Jango_Fett21: Welcome aboard! If there's one thing to be said about this series, it's that it's all over the boards - plotwise, characterwise, genrewise, etc. One week everyone hates an episode, the next everyone's raving about great it is. There are a TON of episodes now, but overall I'd definitely recommend this series to any SW fan. It's a fun ride.

17. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    After Ganodi is *****ing at the David Tennant droid, she is beginning to get on my nerves.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm glad you like TCW so far and believe me, it'll continue to get better later on, but if I could just spare one advice, it would be: skip "Evil Plans."

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Watch Evil Plans, you should

cwustudent and DM99 like this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Is this a better Onderon arc?:

A War on Two Fronts-After a fierce debate, the Jedi Council sends Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Captain Rex to train the rebels as a guerilla force against the Separatist-aligned King Naseev Sarh. While training the rebels against the CIS, Ahsoka learns of Mina Bonteri’s move to split from the Republic after King Maux Belot after Belot could not make a decision despite the public’s growing anger at Republic corruption. Lux fumes when he realizes Rex as a clone but after noticing Rex helping the rebels, he lets his anger die down and lies to Ahsoka when she questions it. After a skirmish with the droids, the rebels successfully infiltrate the capital city of Iziz.
    Front Runners-Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Captain Rex leave while leaving words of wisdom for Ahsoka. As the rebels make random guerilla attacks against the droids, the public’s division grows. There are those who support King Sarh by arguing that life in Onderon has not been made difficult by the CIS and others argue that King Sarh has usurped his power forcefully. Nevertheless most Onderonians are hesitant to support the rebels because most of them do not think that the rebels can succeed. Lux Bonteri suggests the target of the power generator, but King Srah gets wind and orders the droid power generator to be switched to the civilian power generator so that when the rebels attack the droid power generator, the civilian generator gets affected instead. His advisor Okalin protests, citing how difficult it would be to switch the locations of the droid garrisons, but King Srah dismisses the concern, citing the underground tunnels as a resource to switch most of the droid army’s location. The rebels take control of a tank and proceed to blow the droid power generator up, but a last minute report from Dono informs them of Srah’s plan to divert the power from the generators. Steela, alarmed, rushes to alert Saw, but before she gets there, the power generator blows up and Steela watches in alarm as the screams of Onderon reverberate in her ears. A while later the rebels regroup amidst a thunderstorm and Saw, paying little attention to Steela and Ahsoka’s warnings, rushes to save King Belot. He gets captured and Steela glances out into the rain, apprehension crossing her face as the rain continues to pour.
    The Soft War-King Sahr argues with General Tandin and in accordance with the tactical droid Kalani decides to execute Belot and Saw as he believes that the population of Onderon would be entirely on his side after the generator event in which innocent Onderonians die. Meanwhile Tandin interrogates Saw. At the public execution, the rebels with the help of General Tandin assault Sahr before Belot’s beheading and in the mass confusion Sahr orders his droids to shoot the rebels that were escaping with the King and a few Onderonians that helped them. Suddenly a hologram recording of Sahr ordering the switching of the droid generators begins playing in the midst of the chaos. As the smoke clears, Sahr stares out in horror as he sees instead a massacre of rebels and non-rebels lying in his wake. A mass of Onderonians begin to move angrily towards Sahr as he escapes into the palace, Kalani in his wake.
    Tipping Points-The battle for Onderon ensues and suddenly Hondo arrives with missiles to destroy the droid gunships (Anakin going to Florrum would be deleted here). As the battle is wrapping up, Saw shoots a gunship that crashes into a cliff face, killing Steela and blowing Ahsoka’s arm off. Meanwhile Count Dooku walks with Sahr to the balcony of the Iziz Palace and watches calmly as Kalani shoots him from behind, watching his body tumble off of the balcony without regret. As Ahsoka stands at the funeral ceremony for Steela with her mechanized arm, she notices Lux’s discomfort around Rex. Lux reveals that Rex had the same armor markings his mother had told him belonged to the clone who was leading the clone mission on Argonar. The episode closes as an expression of shock envelops Ahsoka’s face.

21. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Using the original titles for fanon ideas? Now we know better than to plageriz... [face_not_talking]

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    The titles make sense as the way they are IMO. And it's spelled plagiarize

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I love it Akash!

I couldn't turn my eyes away from the Captain. Not by keeping my head down in the familiar agony of loss. Not by the distraction of a prosthetic hand on my shoulder telling me "Lux its alrighting". Was this feeling horrified fear or pure anger? I couldn't describe it. - "It was you..." - I said in a low seething voice to the abomination in his dusty white armor. Captain Rex he'd called himself in training. During the rigorous training I was able to hold in these feeling but I was beyond that now. Now I only saw demonic blue eyes on his sinister helmet, the visor reflecting my own red face and blazing eyes. - "Your the one who killed my father..."

Couldn't resist trying to put that in first person.

DM99 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  24. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

----

Jango_Fett21

[​IMG]

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is like the story of how all this happened to me. One night I got bored. Found season 1 blu-rays someone else got from Netflex. I tossed the first in my PS3 and that was it. Welcome to Lacwac! I see similarities in Ahsoka and Anakin's personas more in the beginning. I do tend to think Rex is a big player in TCW but probably not like Ahsoka. Still his popularity is recognized enough as evidenced in Escape From Kadavo. And don't skip Evil Plans. I actually like that one. I say watch all of them.

KenobiSkywalker and DM99 like this.