main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Alderaanian Ascendancy through the ages (Free of buglove since...)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cronal, Oct 23, 2012.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    source: TOR MMO... the houses have separate territory each and all Alderaanian npcs, even if not sharing name of the house they serve by bloodrelation are members of the House one way or another ;)

sure a lot can be twisted either way but that's what I got from it and where my idea came from ;)

also Bail's Dad is not retconned out of existence.. there is a differene between:
    A) clear statement that one thing replaces the other in continuity as per retcon
    and
    B) addition to canon that might be a retcon, might be an error, or a typo but is not stated to be as one

so all the contentions dates.. retcons each with old one gone then, or addition to canon? that's the question!
    the answer is dictated by the next retcon in line always :p

As for Winters perfect memory...
    I so love that.. all the tragedy it brings to her and all the joy. useful for lots of roles and plots needing to be used much more. or same ability with different other characters to explore other angles maybe.
    I doubt in DFR she got things wrong. Bail's dad lives!!!

And whenever she mentioned dates.. well next time I talk to Leeland Chee, I'll tell him she can't be wrong :p maybe this saves us some Thrawn trilogy dating lol

Cronal likes this.
  2. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Interesting! I'm not too familiar with TOR outside of what I've read on Wookieepedia, so please forgive my ignorance. :)
    For what it's worth, Winter – luckily enough – never says anything specific about the ascendancy contention's date (which popped up in Luke's search into the Senate Library records on C'baoth), only that Bail's father was involved. So that should give at least some wiggle room. ;)

3. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    hmm does Winter get her perfect memory from her mother or father or is it unique to her only?

4. Tinwe

Oct 20, 2012
    I don't think that has ever been discussed. We know next to nothing about Winter's mom (other than that she was an Alderaanian, Bail's aide and now dead) and even less about her dad (who may or may not have been Ob Khaddor/Khaddar).

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Bah Bail is her true father, you really think that he kept his very good looking aid around for a different reason than other Senators? [face_batting]

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Not all are so depraved like you Hutts, Gorefiend!

What's next on your mind? retconning Bails sisters into his Harem that he only tarned as sisters when Leia was around? D'oh.. do not go there!

as for Winter's parents:

I think it should be Ob Khaddhor/Khaddar. Her mom though desperately needs lots of more tales, such a sweet cool character she was. Underused as hell. Heck and for Gorfiends sake she might have even been a former love of Bail he kept around as best friend working with him.. which Breha approved of course.

and @Gorfiend, nope she did not poison Breha so that Breha could not get pregnant :p

On the other hand... that Tales Leia Diaries comic had Leia do a naughty Twilek slave dance on stage in a proto-Slave-Bikini on Alderaan...
    anybody ideas where those can be bought on Alderaan? Where she even got the idea from, or who trained her in that dance despite her still being a teenager or even younger than that!

D'oh... definitely the dark side of Bail's education program preparing her for senatorial work by learning about far away cultures :p

7. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    The glorious Hutts have no need for this strange Republic Senate thing anyhow, real power is local and economic power.

It never even crossed my mind. o_O

Who needs it to be former love in a Breha approved constellation? :p

Local branch of Ryloth Ventures, or have a tailor droid make it?

If Alderaan culture is anything like the place I live in, you can get instruction videos for such things in your local city library. [face_plain]

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Shouldn't that be Holo-vids? Gorefiend

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    the way Leia danced in that comic's panels or how she sang in the Holliday Special she sure had NO teacher but just crappy holovids instructing her for sure indeed lol Gorefiend :p

At least I can agree with you on local power being better... economic? not so much. Damn globalism.

10. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    On houses, I do remember some mention in TOR that there are some vassal houses that serve a more senior one. I think its the Sith Warrior campaign maybe where you are sent to assist House Thul where you find some of the vassals are causing trouble for the Thul ruler and you are tasked with bringing them back in line.

11. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    yes, vassal houses or lesser nobility do exist but as far as I am aware it is like in Game of Thrones with some houses retaining their individual nobility and terrain despite falling under the jurisdiction and rule of a major house. Each House has those vassal houses. probably shaped by either uniting against enemy houses in times of warfare or by marriages where one House falls under the others rule but retains its identity as lesser House.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Nep as video cassettes and DVDs on all kinds of bizarre stuff can be borrowed/watched in our city library. [face_plain] They even have one on pole dancing.

I was referring to Hutt policy of just dominating local politics and whole planets through controlling their economies, with no need for a Senate :p

13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I meant, in the context of what Leia might have used for instrucional and demonstration purposes to create her new 'exercise' routine! ;)

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

If only Hutts would do that! As far as I know they hardly care about the economy so long they can bypass it with smugglers and illegal procedures.

15. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    All human propaganda. How do they imaging Hutt Space works? Of course there are laws, public security, common language and an economy. Hutts are active in just about every major galactic industry, some just also happen to branch out into smuggling, and even their just to provide customers with goods they clearly desire whilst local governments just delude market forces with raising undo tariffs and barriers. :p

16. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    You stuck your nose a bit too deep into Blotus manifest Gorefiend

17. Tinwe

Oct 20, 2012
    Well, if that were the case, then we would know for certain that Winter didn't get her perfect memory from her dad. :p
    A relationship broken by the shotgun wedding of the Antilles and Organa houses proposed by C'baoth? [face_thinking] But yeah, Sheltay could use a lot more fleshing out. As could Breha! As to the latter's relationship with Bail, from what little we've seen there seems to be genuine affection between the two, so even if it began as an arranged marriage it clearly developed into something more. [face_love]
    Speaking of TOR, does anyone know how the plethora of new Organas from the game relate to each other? Is it ever revealed?

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    most is not revealed in TOR only a few were given with relations if I recall right but no idea who with who anymore since I stopped TORgaming a while ago due to time and money restraints.

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Well you might be happy to hear that it might actually go free to play as early as next week.

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I am happy about that... just still lack time too :p

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yeah but since you don’t have to pay for it anymore you might get more a feeling that you are playing a normal game, not one which you pay half a buck a day for, so you will only play it when you feel like it :)

22. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I think one of the things about TOR is that every class you use, you end up meeting different members of the same family. So, for the Republic, its different Organa's you meet and only a few of them you get to find related.

The ones I remember are:
    Duke Charle Organa : Jedi Knight campaign, he was working with the Republic to fight Thul and the Wolf Baron
    Jedi Master Nomar Organa : Sith Inquisitor campaign I think, had an affair with Rehanna (sp?) of Rist but decided to become a Jedi instead
    Gesselle Organa : might be Sith Warrior campaign, a general
    Corwin Organa : Bounty Hunter, called the Durasteel Duke and was a good politician but was rendered braindead or something like that and got impersonated by his sister to rally against the Empire

But they never really reference these characters in the different campaigns so you never see how this big Organa family is connected to one another.

23. Tinwe

Oct 20, 2012
    OK, I found this from Wook: Nomar Organa was "the youngest son of the third brother of the Count of Organa during the Cold War." I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the "Count of Organa" should be the "Duke of Organa," which leaves us with the question: which Duke? Both Corwin and Charle were Dukes at the time of the Cold War, right? If there's an answer to this, then we can at least begin to sketch the TOR era Organa family tree...

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Count =//= Duke I say

several Dukes, one Count only ;) no need to throw them into the same pot of titles

25. Tinwe

Oct 20, 2012
    Well I admit noble titles aren't my strongest suit, but my "Count = actually means Duke" speculation was based on the fact that Nomar was implied to be the nephew of whoever was the head of the House Organa, and the title of the head of the House is, apparently, Duke in the TOR era. Furthermore, I think the info in Nomar's Wook article is a bit skewed, at least if it's based on his Codex entry. I found this site, and what the entry actually says is "The youngest son of the third brother of the lord of House Organa." Not count, but lord. I figure "lord" is used here as a synonym for "head" and not as a noble title, since it's not capitalized. (Poor Nomar, btw. "Given to the Jedi Order as a gift by his uncle"? WTF? Didn't his parents have any say in the matter? And you just don't give living people as "gifts," not if you're an Alderaanian at least! [face_plain])