main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I don't know I figure a good deal of people would feel robbed if they not go no lightsaber on lightsaber combat.

I don't think you need the force to build a lightsaber to use it effectively though without cyborg implants or being a robot though you are going to need to have the force or you will utterly fail at blocking blaster bolts.

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The OT already suggests that.

In RotJ when Luke turns himself in and he is handed over to Vader, Vader says "I see you have constructed a new Lightsaber. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

eht13 and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  3. hyperionprime

hyperionprime Jedi Knight

Apr 3, 2011
    what about a dark jedi clone of obi-wan kenobi,i remember that lucasfilm ask timothy zhan to change oi-wan clone by joruus c'baoth,so maybe that something possible after all,ewan mCgregor still could play a episode 1 version of kenobi

4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No clones please... been there and done that.

eht13 likes this.
  5. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I like the concept of using the Mandalorians as the "baddie" force. I'm not talking the pacified TCW Mandos, but the badass warriors from every fanboy's dreams.

I would have liked to see the Mandos as the main baddies in the PT, used and manipulated behind the scenes by Palpatine. But seeing as any hope of a rewrite for the prequels is out of the question, I wouldn't mind seeing the Mandalorians in the ST instead, as a significant threat, either on their own, or as side-villains who work for the main antagonist.

Each warrior could bring their own set of skills, and each unit could have its own unique armory/ weapons. The possibilities are endless and the visuals of battles could be really stunning.

Besides that, remember how evenly matched Obi-wan's duel with Jango was? That was the only time the films showed a non-Force user holding their own against a Jedi (except for the droidekas, that is).

I see lots of people wanting to see something other than Force users as the mani antagonists- well, the Mandos could be it.

My two cents.

(just C&Ped from another thread)

6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Honestly, even the skilled Mando should last about a minute against a Jedi unless he heavily prep. A little force pull action and it should be over. As an army though much more effective especially considering when fighting in large armies u don't need to be all that accurate.

7. MrFantastic74

Oct 4, 2010
    That's what I was thinking. The Jedi would be cluster-@#$% by large groups of skilled mandos.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So sayeth Order 66.

eht13 and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Related to talk of non-Force-sensitive adversaries and cross-posted from another thread:

10. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Well between Mando army and Palpy/Plaugy;

I choose YOU, Mando Army!

11. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    It was a well planned and sudden ambush style attack on all Jedis way different matter.

12. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Ewoks took out the thousands of Stormtroopers so next they will take out the new jedi order. :)

Seriously I don't know but it's real fun speculating. Maybe Windu has survived and has learned the ways of the dark side and is secretly creating an army to get revenge on Anakin and the Empire but after Vader/Anakin dies he leans his attention to Luke and learns about his new Jedi order. Windu at first pretends to help Luke create a new Jedi council but what he really ends up achieving is the division of the new Jedi order and kills Luke at the end of Episode 7 or 8 and sets up a epic battle between the Jedi where Luke's apprentice will have to defeat Windu at the end of episode 9. You can also throw in Boba Fett causing chaos in the galaxy with a Mandalorian army seeking revenge against both Luke and Windu throughout the trilogy.

Okay so what actor plays the part of Windu??? ;)

13. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel so guilty for wanting to see the return of Mace Windu.

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Jedi win because of the Force, but in fighting fighting, Mandos are formidable. Jango Fett, for example.

15. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    No matter who the baddie is there is going to be repetitiveness in the new trilogy. There has to be saber duels between Sith or Dark Jedi vs Jedi. There is two 3 things that has to be in any SW movie and that's the opening SW crawl, saber fights between 2 force users and epic space battles. The PT had a lot of saber duels but besides the space chase between Jango and Obi wan in AOTC there was a lack of space battles. The OT had a ton of great battle scenes but IMO could of used longer saber battles. Luke vs vader #1 was perfect the other two were dull IMO. The Baddie will have to be s Sith or Dark Jedi. If a bounty hunter or ganster like villain is the main baddie in the new trilogy, it will fail big time!!

16. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    The only place you may not see lightsaber battles would be in a spinoff movie where they could go with a bounty hunter as the main character or something.

fishtailsam likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, Jango Fett held his own pretty decently against Kenobi.

The Force, while powerful, is not allpowerful. Even a simple push and pull takes huge amounts of concentration in practice. To be quite honest, we don't really have a decent reference point for an average Jedi. We only get to see the really powerful ones in action, like Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin, Kenobi etc.
    Those guys are some of the most powerful beings in the universe and an average Jedi is not.

So a non-Force using adversary would have quite a decent chance against Jedi, until the Grand Master joins the fight, at least.

18. MrFantastic74

Oct 4, 2010
    Interesting. Forgetting, of course, that Windu would be in his 80s or 90s by Ep VII.

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    So...how about the Nightsisters employing bounty hunters?

20. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes the Hapans would make great villians!!!:D

21. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    The prophecydoes not say that the Sith can't come back it saya that Anakin restores balance to the Force. That means equal. No Jedi and no Sith. I think the because he restores balance there is now room for the Jedi to start over and make a less corrupted Order. That is what I think the prophecy means.

22. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    The whole 'gray' area of the Force is what got Jacen into trouble in LotF. There is no gray areas of right and wrong. Not here, not there, nowhere. The problem with the old Jedi Order was the corruption. In fact, they had problems with 'gray areas' too. Hello, they taught compassion for all yet had a slave army. What's with that?

23. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah but Tarkin was, in my opinion, and idiot. Thrawn was something of a genius

24. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    They might use Talzin, but she doesn't even have a lightsaber. Besides I think witch craft doesn't belong in starwars.

25. Regnak83

Regnak83 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    I've read through all the thread and there seems to be a fixation on the extended universe. There may be fan nods but I doubt anything more will make it into the story or screen. I think it could well be Palpatine. A story line involving some sort of possession is my guess . A fledgling Jedi academy (more like a religious/monk hood), where instead of being guardians of the galaxy the new 'Jedi' simply meditate and look to the 'secrets' of the force. Perhaps under Luke (now a wizened teacher type character). Then one pupil begins to poke a little deeper and a sinister voice promises enlightenment if s/he lets the spirit look through his/her eyes. Boom full possession

As for main 'baddie storyline'. A Japanese style pearl harbour attack. Completely unexpected from either a hidden empire remnant force or a completely new protagonist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.