main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Mav's Away Thread - Mav is away for a bit...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 20, 2009.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The fiance and I are going with another couple to Disney World from Aug 22-30 so I'll be going green during that time.
    I've already been threatened that I'm not allowed on the net during that time, though I'm sure I can sneak on with my phone a time or two. ;)

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :cool:
    Have fun!! [face_dancing] [:D]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Have fun sweet mav! So far no tropical weather is headed our way -- whew!! LOL Though you'll probably need to leave the parks before the lightning and rumble of thunder starts about 3 pm or so. :p

And any good hotel worth its salt has free DSL :) :)

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    What's this? A Vacation? I don't remember MODS being allowed Vacation Time. This is going to be going onto your permanent record. ;)

Have fun down there!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Um, I don't recall approving your request for a vacation. *flips through papers on desk* Noooooo....don't see it. You did put the cover letter on, right? We're doing that now. Did you get the memo?

:p

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I even applied to have paid vacation but alas... nope! :(

Ya'll be good! ;)

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey everyone!

I'm leaving for my 'no longer a honeymoon' trip to Disney World and then to Celebration V! :D I'll be green from August 6th until the 17th.
    I'm sure I'll be peaking on a time or two, but I won't be around enough to count.

I hope to see some of you at CV! :)

8. Before_Awards_Sock

Before_Awards_Sock Before Sock for FanFic Awards star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 30, 2004
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

EDIT: Dang it sock. This is all Face's fault.

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'll be there, too. :D Just for CV. Got to pack.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going to go green for a little over a week. I'm taking two board exams I've been putting off for quite some time so I can get paid more to do the exact same job I do now and so the initials after my name read LRTR instead of LRTC! :) (Licensed Respiratory Therapist Registered instead of Certified)

Since I don't remember any formulas we never use in real life and I have to remember how a bunch of things are supposed to be done instead of how it's actually done, I'm going to immerse myself in the really expensive study guides I bought two years ago.

I take the written exam on next Thursday and the practical the next Tuesday so I should be back that Tuesday evening, the 24th.

Try not to have too much fun without me! ;)

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks! [:D]

I'm back and I passed both exams so I'm now officially a Registered Respiratory Therapist! :D

And now I'm going to not use my brain for a few days because it's tired!

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hello all!

As was said in the Fanfic update, I'm moving 750 miles away from my hometown. Since I've still got a lot of packing to do, and then freaking out after I realize I actually did move, I'm going to go green.

I shouldn't be gone any later than September 25th but I figure I'll be back before then.

This puts DWH and I green at the same time so try and go easy on Trace and Luna... we might need one of them to bail us out at some point! :p

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I expect you will be back before then, at least if you follow the same plan as me: pack everything but computer, pack computer at last minute, move, unpack computer and kettle and have a cup of tea while checking the boards, then give up on unpacking for the rest of the day and unpack later. ;)

Obviously works better with a laptop as they don't need power or wires, except the internet bit. :D

Good luck with moving!

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Have a safe trip and happy unpacking, Mav.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    So I'm finally moving out of my brothers apartment and into my own!! [face_dancing]

But... the ISP that has a monopoly here has a reputation for being really slow and messing things up, so who knows how long it will take to actually get internet. :_|

I'll be on at the very least with my phone so I know what's going on with the move here and I plan on going to Starbucks when I can, but with the variability of all that and not knowing how long/how well I'll be able to do things on here, I'm going to go green tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll get all moved in and get internet before the move happens here! :)

18. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, independence is lovely. :) And, uh, given the length of time between the move announcement and whenever we actually move, it is entirely possible that after you get settled in and back online, we'll still be here. ;)

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Mav is moving again!

So, as unfortunate timing as it is... I just actually moved (yes, again!) and I won't have internet at my place until the 10th of September. :_|
    I live near a Panera, which is where I'm mooching internet right now, but unfortunately I can't live here so I won't be around all too much.

20. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Good luck with the move, Mav! We'll hold down the fort until you've got regular internet access again. :)

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just letting everyone know I'll be going green tonight and won't be back until next Wednesday.

I'm going to New Orleans for the national Respiratory Care conference. I'm really excited about NOLA, but I'll be there for work so only so much fun can be had. ;)

Ya'll be good! :)

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That's a nice city for a conference. Have fun! I'm not going to be good though. I am going to write NC-17 stories and post them nilly-willy in the fanfic forum. And maybe I will troll a few threads. ;)

As my sons would say to me, "JK!" I told them 'JK' takes almost as long to say as Just Kidding. In fact it takes longer because they usually have to repeated it three times to me and then explain what they mean. Text chat abbreviations don't carry over well to the spoken word.

23. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Have a good time! I was there last month visiting my cousin. Just make sure you get a least one really good meal. NOLA is all about the food. ;)

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Time for one of my characters to start swearing like crazy, and then for something extremely violent to happen...

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That's right. I am going to get up to 50K words in NaNo simply by putting the word "KRIFF", "Kriff it", or "What the Kriff?" in every other sentence.

TrakNar likes this.