main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reactions] U.S. Presidential Election Day 2012

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2012.

1. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    "Dude, where's my sanity?"

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Unknown. But this guy did.

3. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    When the Freepers think you're way overreacting, you might want to step back. :eek:

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    :oops:

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

the last sentence is what makes me lol. their lives are self-parody

i like how he's all "im a randian superman JOB CREATOR and if you dont watch it ATLAS WILL SHRUG" but he's actually a timeshare CEO which means he's basically a con artist. you'd actually think he'd be more worried about someone actually deciding to regulate his sleezy industry than he'd be about taxes

[​IMG]
    boston, 1977. a man attacks a passing black attorney with the american flag during a "protest" against desegregatory measures taken by the city. this is The Soiling of Old Glory, one of my favorite pieces of photojournalism

6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    seriously im shocked that people like that timeshare con-artist crying big fat crocodile tears as he threatens to eat his employees are even tolerated in society anymore. confiscate his wealth and offer him a real job

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Boston still seemed pretty segregated last time I was there in 2001.

Dark Lady Mara and Rogue_Ten like this.
  8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So Obama lives Gagnam style?

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I can't decide what's best, the random T-Rex or congress pulling Uncle Sam's arms off.

11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    The best of the racist tweets (that can be posted here). This has to be from one of the progressive racists because he at least, inadvertently, admits slavery was wrong.

Nicky-
    Is this really our punishment for slavery? Wasn't four years enough, can't we just call it even?

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Obama spanking Romney kind of funny.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm having way too much fun with all this. The fact that Romney and company were legitimately shocked by the loss makes it soooo much sweeter and on so many levels.

Mr. Business Skills and Mr. Numbers 'Patty Hearst' themselves and walk into election eve convinced of a fantasy with no facts behind it. I feel like I'm eating a cheesecake baked by God.

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/gop-tries-to-piece-together-what-went-wrong.html

I think it's unbelievable just how much the Romney team bought into its own worldview of the campaign. They lost by almost as decisive a margin as McCain did, but where McCain's team understood what was happening as the weeks turned into the days before Election Day, Romney's team was apparently going full speed ahead with planning a Romney administration. This seems to have continued right up through Election Day, screeching to a halt only as the returns came in.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Apparently they were planning on celebrating with fireworks.

17. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    What is all this crap too about "ROMNEY WON THE POPULAR VOTE!", too? Do people really believe this load of bull?

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, Beck said Romney won the popular vote even though Obama won it by 3+ million votes. Who will believe it? The people in the GOP Bubble.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Fox was going off about the electoral college for an hour or two on Election Night because, at the time, Romney was leading in the popular vote but not the EC. That changed once the West Coast votes started coming in but apparently some people didn't get the memo.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Maybe it was that unfathomable to them that an ultrawealthy person might not be able to buy his way into anything he wanted.

Maybe the reason that business is struggling is Obama hates small business... or maybe it's the fact that it goes out of its way to do stupid things like alienate ~50% of its potential customers.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Only four Presidents since the 20th century began have won more than 50.000% of the popular vote more than once:
    1. Franklin Roosevelt
    2. Dwight Eisenhower
    3. Ronald Reagan
    4. Barack Obama

Sean Hannity now supports amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Herman Cain has suggested that the Republicans bring in more pro-choice candidates.

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The Tea Party Republicans won't go for that. Hopefully, they'll start their own party, aptly named "Tea Partiers."

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Cain was the most Tea Party candidate in the GOP primaries though, and Hannity is such a partisan hack, that's why I think it's news.

The the GOP as a whole will come around on immigration much sooner than it does on abortion. It seems to already be singing a new tune on immigration.

As for abortion, I'm actually surprised by how much the country has shifted on abortion in the last couple years, after being deadlocked on it for decades. Backlash from pro-life overreach. And with the failure of the personhood amendments in the most conservative states, I think that movement has now reached a dead-end.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't think the 'pro - life/anti - choice' movement has hit a dead - end, but I think the extreme personhood amendments being defeated marked a turning point especially when one such was defeated in a very pro - life state like Mississippi