main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    "I think SWTOR is now free up to level 15. Online game."

Really? I will look into that. I really wish I could find a way to play KOTOR again, though.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  3. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Dont have one. Got SNES and PS3. I have actually considered buying an Xbox just to play KOTOR lol. Not sure if that's sad or not...

4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Not really. :p

KOTOR is far and away the best SW game (with KOTOR II in a close second without the restoration mod)

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Not sad.

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I only ever played KOTOR 2. never played the first one. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford an xbox to play agiain. :D

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    It does run on windows 7, and it's currently available on Steam.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    OMG Thank you so much! I had the original disk from when it first came out and couldn't get it to work. This just made my day. :D

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Glad to help! I have the disk copy I bought on Half.com 3 weeks before it became available on steam... [face_frustrated] And to top that off, disk 3 had a defect. Lovely.

10. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Or both games are available in a two-pack that's been updated to work with Windows 7. I bought it as backups, since my copies of the games are getting pretty old :p

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Where you buy that from? Amazon? I did find one there, but several people gave it bad reviews and said it wouldn't run on windows 7...

12. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    I got it at the local Wal-Mart chain. I haven't tried the discs myself, as I said, they're just my back-up copies. I've still got my original copies of both games, plus the first game on Xbox

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The cards counting! :p

True story. :)

My original KOTOR disc (I think it was bought in 2005) does work on Windows 7, but there are occasional issues. Might invest into a K1+2 boxset...
    Sadly I'm out of the whole TOR business as I don't really have the time to play MMOs, but I quite like the TOR comics that got published online at first and then as hardcopies.
    As for the KOTOR comics: JJM FTW! Those stories are my fav EU. They really got the essence of Star Wars - with unique characters and their struggles, Jedi vs Sith but also the smuggler-type community elements etc. I really hope JJM produces more comics and/or books from that era, one can never have enough Zayne... ;)

Cem_Fel likes this.
  14. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    I bought the new boxset, it does run under Windows 7 but there are still some (minor IMO) issues. For example I can't go back to Windows using the Windows-Shortcut, because it will most likely crash the game. It's a bit annoying at times (someone tends to forget about it..[face_blush] ) but I don't care so much since apart from that it works fine under Windows 7 for me.

I agree completly, KOTOR are easily one of my all-time favorite comics, because they are so very well done. I love the character and I love how they still managed to get some backstory of the orginal KOTOR in it.

15. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Agreed. I love what he did with the KOTOR comics (from what I've read. I really need to either buy the rest or check them out from my local library) and also with Knight Errant.

16. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I hope you don't mind me joining in. I plan on doing another KotOR II playthrough now I have just learned that the canonical exile is female - I know, I'm well behind the curve! It's been a long time but I recall that I didn't enjoy the team members you get when playing as a lady as much as I did playing as a gent.

Was that just my younger boyish mind preferring the pretty blond Handmaiden over whatever that fellas name was who you meet on Dantooine?

Any advice on class this time around?

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Personally I always go for Sentinel, but that's just me.

18. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    it's that feeling of independence isn't it? That you don't need anyone to pick that lock or slice that terminal. I always played Scout - Consular in KotOR for that reason but only played Guardian in the second game to date.

19. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    I usually always go with Sentinel as well, since I like to have alot of skills

20. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    What are the prestige class options for a Sentinel? Can you be Sith Lord or Jedi Master?

21. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Can't wait to buy it off Steam and be able to play again!

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    You guys are running Windows 7? But Windows 8 is so much prettier...

23. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Yep. You still have those. I don't remember the other ones, since I've always played as Jedi Master or Sith Lord :p

Dark-Fox likes this.
  24. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Does it work though? I'm genuinely curious. Haven't heard any reviews so far. Or are you just totally trolling?

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

25. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Me too!
    I went to Can You Run It to see if my laptop was capable of playing the game so I could experience the restored content. The answer was no which surprised me for such an old game. I'll have to stick to Xbox.