main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How Comedy Central pull that out ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by BaronNoir, Nov 9, 2012.

1. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm quite amazed by the latest South Park episode-especially when considering that the South Park written and produced it in eight days

(If you wonder, the South Park episode is centered about SW purchase by Disney)

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    You did well to turn this thread around so soon after watching the episode.

jp-30 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  3. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm Canadian, I have to use...indirect ways...to watch South Park.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've seen the episode and I'm not sure what you're asking by "How Comedy Central pull that out?".

South Park regularly craps out episodes in about a week so it's nothing new for them.

I thought the episode was a mostly unfunny attempt at capitalizing on recent events.

I like South Park's Mickey, and it was cool to see South Park's version of Slave I, but it was just a pathetic, attention whoring, "topical" ratings grab. I can tell it was done in eight days, because that's exactly what it looks like, like they just threw a bunch of Star Wars references in with an election plot. Hey look, an AT-ST! lolz

I thought the best part was Cartman expecting everyone to be outraged about election fraud, instead they cared more about the future of Star Wars than the outcome of the election.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I suggest you watch the documentary 6 Days to Air. South Park has has a 1 week turnaround for quite a while now.

6. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Seconded. It's an amazing process, and it's not surprising that they get so burned out by season's end.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Also, there's a good chance they simply guessed Obama would win. They did the same thing 4 years ago and happened to be right.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The pull out method is overrated.

9. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    They didn't guess 4 years ago - they made 2 near-identical episodes which featured either Obama/McCain winning, then simply screened the one that matched the end result.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a similar thing here (made 2 episodes, then screened the one that matched the election result).

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They did? All the news articles I read said they made only the Obama-winning episodes both times, which actually makes sense because it was obvious Obama would win both times.

Champion of the Force likes this.
  11. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Actually I take that back - just reading about the episode now and it seems Trey and Matt denied it. I recall reading about the '2 episodes' thing it in an article shortly after that episode aired, but it looks like the author must have been wrong.

Having said that, Trey and Matt did have contingencies in place 4 years ago on the off chance McCain won (they would have re-dubbed particular scenes over and palmed it off as a MST3K parody) so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a similar contingency here.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    What's crazy is that they took the time to accurately design the audience from Obama's victory speech which was less than 20 hours before the episode aired.
    [​IMG]

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  13. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    south park is still around?

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Yes, and it's faring a lot better in it's 15th or 16th season than the Simpsons did in their 10th season.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And the Simpsons are still around too.

16. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Only because SP has such a fast turnout rate, allowing it to stay relevant to current social and political issues.

BTW...loved the fact that Mickey now has AT-ST's security patrolling the parks at night.

They'll never stop the Simpsons.