main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Captain Rex make it to the finale or will he die in season 5?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I know there isn't much to talk about with Rex in this season. His role in Onderon frankly left alot to be desired. Still I've been feeling a little concerned for Rex since reading the following article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11...-comments-on-disney-deal-and-the-shows-future

So here is the season 5 verson of the "Will Rex die in season 4?" thread.

Rex is often mentioned in end game but when Filoni talks about 'That thing' happening to Ahsoka and the end being on paper there is no mention of Rex which has me wondering if my favorite clone captain will be pushing up space flowers soon. Maybe Rex just isn't important enough so there isn't any need to mention him there or maybe my hunches about a role Rex could play in Ahsoka's fate despite a little interaction between the two over the last few season is correct. The image of his head from C6 and the hunt a few OCs won't make it are fresh in my mind. Yeah we know who a couple of those are but I'm certain Rex is the biggest character death (or fate) the TCW folks can pull on us until Ashoka's fate is revealed. I wonder if they are really hush hush about his role and he'll infact surprisingly kick the bucket this season, maybe as a result of the anti-clone rally. That'd be really sad. I'd be very sad to see him go. Thanking about it makes me want a hug. ;.; LOL

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This is just speculation, but what if Rex doesn't die and he is there on the assault of the Jedi Temple but he isn't leading the 501st, which Appo does in ROTS

3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    He had a spectacular story arc in the form of Umbara. I hope he gets many others like that.

The show would be poorer without him. He brings a lot to it, both in terms of suspense/speculation and deep character/concept development. Hopefully LFA realise that the positive reaction to Umbara was an indication that Rex's story and his association with clone-related themes are compelling to viewers.

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Mods can reopens threads.

On the old boards threads locked due to inactivity.

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I could see Rex biting it in the final episode, I'm sure he'll be there though

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    True

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He either dies, is demoted, or MIA since Appo is the Commander in ROTS.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Could be, he could be any one of the nameless clones there easily. We'll see if he makes it that far.

Rex is easily one of the most developed characters in the series. Anything they do with him could be very powerful. I could kinda see where you could get a meaning ful death from an Anti-Clone rally. I can't imagine what it would be like for Rex who has begun questioning the war and his future if he saw a large crowd on Coruscant at a rally like that. Because of Rex's familiarity and development. Just like with Lux, he's the best character to take that on. I know when he goes its going to be Waxer x12 and this show will lose some of its shine. Rex is one of those characters to me whose presence on screen just makes things better for me.

I can see him making it as well. I hope he does. But I'm just saying. I'm getting suspicious for Season 5.

11. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    His character arc as presented in The Deserter and Umbara hints very strongly towards an Order 66-related fate for him. It would be a tremendous letdown if Rex was treated like Waxer who - let's be honest - never had anything like the amount of character development that Rex had. Rex practically had an entire arc devoted to him (plus Fives, the 501st, etc.). The trope "Dropped A Bridge On Him" would absolutely apply to such an event.

As Seerow said, Rex's abrupt demise would cause TCW to lose some of its lustre. At a time when TCW very clearly needs to justify its relevance with the ST on the horizon, killing one of its most dynamic and promising original characters would be unfortunate.

You reading this Filoni? [face_cowboy]

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I still think he has something to do with Ahsoka's fate.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah...

I'm just going to come out an say it. I love Rex. He is one of my favorite fictional characters I've come across in a long time. I'll put him right up alongside longtime anime favorites like Alphonse Elric when it comes to complexity and cool factor (Or is it armor?). I'll be very sad to see him go when it happens. I pray they don't squander him in a surprise this season. Seriously if you have to do it Dave, go ahead I love Fives but take him instead. Fives would probably get himself killed at an anti-clone rally but not before taking some folks with him. I hope he's around for the end of the series whatever they decide to use him with and his fate somehow dies into a clone's eye view of order 66. Really this brings me back to the old point of developing more original characters, there aren't enough and even with clones there just aren't many available to kill off.

I tend to think Wolffe is the man. I've always found it suspicious there is an entire group of clone troopers who Ahsoka has lead a number of times attatched to her buddy Plo Koon. Not to mention its easier to imagine Rex not following the order if he is not directly in charge. I have no idea what they have planned though I used to link Lux would play a role but I think Lux is going to get put on a bus now.

14. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    It would be good to catch up with both the 501st and the 212th, in part so as to reacquaint the show with old characters like Tup, Dogma, Jesse and Boil and in part to introduce some new characters. This would require more clone-focused arcs.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Totally needs a spin off bro. <<;

16. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That would be interesting - a TCW sub-franchise with concurrent series, with the story of Rex, the 501st and other clones being one of them.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea, a series, about the Clones after the war, i was actually thinking about that when watching Innocence of Ryloth

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Why doesn't Filoni also talk about Rex's fate when mentioning the end game? It still bugs me. I wish I had access to my OMG gif about now.

19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe because it ties in with Ahsoka and he doesn't want to drop any hints.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Could be. Or maybe they still don't know what to do with Rex or maybe he doesn't make it that far although DBB once hinted Rex was with us for the long haul but things seem to change alot with TCW.

22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka has both a fate thread and a regular thread. Rex can have both as well. Infact last year Rex had a thread called Will Rex die in season 4? open the entire season. There is nothing wrong with leaving the little old fate thread closed and starting over. Stop trolling this thread.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Stop accusing me of trolling. First of all, why should I even consider Rex dying? He hasn't shown up enough to justify a poignant death. That would take away from wasting time with the Muppet Star Wars Babies spinoff. Secondly, why is it trolling when I am simply restating a point I feel should be emphasized. We already have a thread, why aren't we using it? Oh right, because it's locked. Something that a mod could undo, but instead, we simply open up a new thread. Right. And I'm trolling because of that.

Coric likes this.
  25. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Trolling?

Pft. If I wanted to troll, I wouldn't start on a Rex thread.

On the note of the "fate" threads.. can't you just have this discussion is the Rex thread? Same with all the Ahsoka threads. I mean seriously, look up 'Ahsoka' and search title only in LACWAC. There are 2 pages about her.

Almost half could go in other threads.

Almost all are under 2 pages long.

I'm just saying that a few pages of conversation could go in a pre-established thread. I remember on the old board, it was always an annoyance when people would make another thread for something that could go in a established thread. Now every little topic or idea something things of is a thread. Hell.. you have a directory of popular threads that will just keep growing if that continues.

Then having the directory would be just like having to scroll through all the pages of threads.. minus the search bar already located above the thread itself.

I mean, I'm just sayin'.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.