main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want to revisit old planets??

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd love to see CG Ewoks, looking like the concept paintings, it would look like it was supposed to, enchanting.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Only if it serves the story. Revisiting Tatooine might be nostalgic, but I see no reason for the characters to go there again. Coruscant definitely, since it's the political center of the galaxy, unless the capital had been moved (though I find that unlikely) given the stagnation of the SW galaxy and the mono-biome planets. I could see even less reason to revisit Hoth, Mustafar or Endor than Tatooine.

Really anything beyond Coruscant feels like it would be shoehorned in for the sake of familiarity. Naboo could be OK, and some planets like Cato Neimoidia, Mygeeto, and Saleucami were seen so fleetingly that the characters could really have any excuse to go there over the course of the tale.

3. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Wasn't there a rumor that the production was already refurbishing the Lars homestead?

4. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I want to see Bespin cloud city as a hideout for some smugglers or mandalrians.

5. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    +1. New worlds please, but they can revisit some of them. Just don't go to too many worlds. Just focus on some of them. I personally like tatooine a lot, but i'm biased towards it.

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Only if it adds legitimacy to the new plot, story line. I don't need to revisit planets simply out of nostalgia.Even if it is legitimized I don't want it to feel "forced". I rather they just write a decent script, everything else can fall into place. I can live without atrocious one liners and nostalgic scenes through out the film. Expendables 2 was a nightmare for me because of that I will never watch it again. And Rocky Balboa might of been able to do without some of its nostalgic scenes. But I rate Rocky 6 pretty high.

7. Daft Vader

Daft Vader Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it would important to have the 'ST' take place on new worlds. Equally important would be at least referencing planets like Coruscant, Endor etc if they are not to be shown. I think we will at some point have Tatooine featured. Would be interesting to see what the Rishi Maze looks like.

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    20. Alderaan - It blew up. There's nothing to revisit.
    19. Saleucami - Boring planet that nobody cares to see again.
    18. Mygeeto - I like the name, but there's nothing left in the story for this planet.
    17. Felucia - I like the scenery, but there's nothing left in the story for this planet.
    16. Cato Neimoidia - No need to see the Neimoidian stomping grounds.
    15. Utapau - An important battle took place here. That's it.
    14. Geonosis - An important battle took place here. That's it.
    13. Hoth - An important battle took place here. That's it.
    12. Yavin 4 - An important battle took place here. That's it. No EU Jedi Temples.
    11. Endor - An important battle took place here. No director wants to revisit the Ewoks.
    10. Polis Massa - I don't think the twins will want to find this place.
    9. Mustafar - Only reason to revisit here would be if someone was interested in the location of the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel.
    8. Dagobah - If Luke feels like meditating or something, maybe he'd stop by to chat with force ghost Yoda.
    7. Kashyyyk - Stopping by to pick up Chewbacca?
    6. Bespin - Stopping by to pick up Lando Calrissian?
    5. The Death Star - I never count this out from returning. If the station doesn't appear again (hard to find the resources) then someone will still want the technology of the super laser.
    4. Kamino - Much like the Death Star, someone might want the technology of the clones or the ability to make someone obedient and docile.
    3. Naboo - The Naberrie family likely still lives here. It's possible Ryoo and Pooja could still be around. Two undeveloped characters who the PT introduced who are Skywalker relatives.
    2. Tatooine - It wouldn't be a Star Wars trilogy without the twin suns setting at some point.
    1. Coruscant - Can't see how they'd get around not having it. It's the heart of the galaxy.

9. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    Ord Mantell.

10. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    I think Coruscant would be strange as it did not appear in the 3 films prior to ep 7.

11. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Would like to see Coruscant, Tatooine, and Naboo. The only one I want to see a lot of is Coruscant. Quick stops for the other two. We go some really cool planets in the PT and I expect originality from the ST.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012

Agreed. Would love to see the Jedi Temple set up in a place more suited for a meditating monk warrior. I felt part of the fall of the Jedi was due to the location of the temple on Coruscant. They were to easily attacked by the Republic Clones. Anakin just walked in like he was going to Sam's club. Let's see someone try that on a moon in the outer rim. Jedi Temple on Yavin 4! Tatooine is played out but it and Coruscant are almost guaranteed to make a cameo of some sort.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    4-6 were from the view point of the Rebels that were in the Outer Rim. The only opportunity that there really would have been to see Coruscant in the OT would be if Luke was taken to Coruscant to face the Emperor. But instead they had Palpatine overseeing the Death Star and had the confrontation occur there.

14. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Hmmm... not so much new or old planets, but I'd like to see new types of set-pieces like a dogfight near a Star Destroyer ship yard while its being built in space or a lightsaber fight in an ATAT factory! I don't care what planet that's on or above, it's just cool to me!

15. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Kamino is a really cool planet Id love to see in these new next generation movies.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

17. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I'd love to see nothing but new planets this time.
    We've done Tatooine to death.
    I don't see any reason to revisit any of the others, except perhaps Coruscant (maybe).

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Why not develop Endor? The Ewok? Were they on the entire planet?

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    For the water planet, go to Mon Calamari.

20. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I would like to see Endor again. When I was a kid first seeing Return of the Jedi, for some reason I just automatically assumed that the Rebel Alliance would stay there and use the planet as a new base. If the movie does not follow the EU storyline, it seems like Endor would be a great place for Luke to train Jedi. Secluded, good climate, native allies...what more could he want?

21. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Obviously this won't be revisited but mentioned from other movies, I think we could see Corellia. Isn't Han even from the planet originally? The lore suggests they produce quite a bit of technology.

That planet has been somewhat realized in The Old Republic, so artists could have a basis from that and make it even better.

Vjun also I'd like to see.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea, that places reminds me of Kamino too, I like your idea.

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    YES! My first choice is Coruscant. That city/planet is so vast we barely saw any of it.

However, I'd like to see some new planets as well -- CORELLIA!

24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
  25. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Likely going to see Coruscant and either Yavin IV, Ossus or Shedu Maad.
    Among others.