main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I had a similar story as well. Instead of Blu Rays, I stumbled across it on YouTube though. :D

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    lol when I made it to Jedi Crash the disc jacked up. I was already hooked by then and Netflex didn't have another copy to send me. That ended in me buying S1 and S2 on Blu-ray.​

DM99 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, same. Jedi Crash always freezes when the cruiser goes to help Anakin, Ahsoka, and the gang escape.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Guess they don't want you to see the episode :p

5. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    I wish the space battle was more paid attention that the eighteen minute crash scene on Maridun

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I take great care of my Blu-rays. They still play great. I still go lots of S4 to get through and am feeling it for Rako Hardeen.

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My Blu-Rays are working fine, just got through the Ventress duo/arc and dear God does Quarzite look gorgeous...

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Mine doesn't freeze at that scene. There was a scene in Season 4 that would freeze, the disk was in perfect condition too. :confused:

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The end of Plan of Dissent was skipping on me out the box. I just took a microfiber cloth to it and it played fine.

10. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    It's way I try to watch them on youtube and add some quality subtitles so I can rather wait for buffering than freezes.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Mute it and create your own dialogue huh? That's fun as well I guess.

12. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh no I just follow it the best I can or rewatch it on my TV.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Has anyone found their interest in TCW just to die off somewhat the past week? Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but instead of checking constantly on LACWAC, I've found myself on the Episode VII board. I used to view TCW as the only new Star Wars we will ever get, but now, I look at it as something to watch and enjoy before the big guns that is Episode VII - IX goes off. I do still rabidly look forward to the Maul arc though.

Garth Maul likes this.
  14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Nope

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    For me, the new movies are too far away for me to get excited about.

16. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Last time I checked, It was either the wookies, Ithorians or some other alien species that were vital to the making of lightsaber hilts. Not some stupid droid voiced by some Dr Who actor.

Coric likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    My understanding was prior to the introduction to the droid, the wielder custom designed the hilt themselves. But these are younglings making their training sabers, not padawans making their actual lightsaber.

18. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I suppose but the idea of three new Star Wars movies is just exciting to think about.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm more worried that excited about new SW-movies- TCW at least tries to be EU-logic at times (And everyone still complains) but I think that Episode VII will wipe out the continuity completely[face_worried]. I dunno but that's what it really sounds like. While many things in Post-Rotj continuity are terrible and should be wiped out IMHO. I'm still worried more than excited.

Then of course- the idea of new SW-movies is very interesting of course.... but I still cannot believe it they are ACTUALLY doing them- it just doesn't fit in my head that there is REALLY the episode VII coming and it's not Supershadow's doing this time..... I just cannot believe it- while I know that it's real:p Star Wars Episode VII even sounds so fake.....

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I know right?? Every time I see the Episode VII forum link at the top, I stop and think "is this a dream?"

I wonder if TCW will be more respectful of EU canon in future episodes now that Lucas is backing down? Filoni seems to appreciate the EU stories much more than GL.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Even if Episode VII is coming, I still view TCW as my main source of SW. I love this period the most.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    I love the timespan from about 45 BBY-2 BBY, covering the Dark Times, decaying of the Old Republic, and, best of all, the Clone Wars.

QuangoFett likes this.
  23. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    EU bows down to Star Wars movies, if the Star Wars movies hadn't existed, there wouldn't be EU.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm really excited about Episode VII myself. I'm glad I finally found my way here just over a year ago.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I used to share this view. However, re-reading the ROTS novelisation made me appreciate just how fascinating the whole PT/TCW era is. Even after the release of TPM in 1999, OT-era Expanded Universe content continued being produced. Parallel to the PT, the New Jedi Order series was launched, featuring the adventures of the OT heroes and the next generation even as their parents' and grandparents' tale was being told in the films. The OT era and characters still had their worth.

So too will the PT/TCW era and characters even as the ST is released and takes prominence. TCW and the hypothetical LAS would still be relevant in the same way various OT-era EU releases were during the 2000s. The ST will inevitably have some differences to the PT and OT and the scenario of the Clone Wars will still have its distinctive appeal.