main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    All of the rumors seem to be suggesting that the original actors are returning, so even if they are only rumors at this point, it is still some what reassuring that the OT characters won't be recast :). Honestly though, I wouldn't care at all of none of the EU characters ever showed up, and I certainly would not want an adaption of any of the EU stories, because we already know those stories, so what point would there be in adapting it to the screen? It's better to ignore the EU all together.

2. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Darth Malak was hardly lame

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    And just looks fits. ;)

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

Which bit? :)

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    And Melissa George

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    All speculation is unwarranted - but fun. ;)

7. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007

All the bits... *drool*

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Just wondering ;)

9. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I just mean if they would recast the original characters... I highly doubt they are going to in light of recent news/rumors around there. Especially if it is set around the next gen SKywalkers.

I know they aren't doing Thrawn Trilogy.

10. Samurai-Jack

Samurai-Jack Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    They should cast Tom Hardy as Darth Bane.

11. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Warwick Davis deserves a role, maybe he could be one of Luke's students?

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I just hope they DO NOT -- I reapeat DO NOT -- recast the BIG 3. It worked for Star Trek because its not as important. If they don't intend to use the BIG 3 in the story then that's one thing but I don't want a reboot with new actors in those iconic roles. NO WAY, NO HOW!

But I suspect they already contacted the BIG 3 and they all seem open to returning (for at least one pic.)

13. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm dying for some confirmation on the return of the Mark, Carrie and Harrison! Please let them come back.[face_nail_biting]
    I just have a bad feeling they'll never get that call but if they really are in the script it has to be them.
    You got that Disney? We don't want younger lookalikes. Give us the real deal.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    ^^^ I am the opposite of you -- I have a very good/ strong feeling they are coming back.

First, Mark revealed that GL met with he and Carrie in August and broke the scoop to them first. WHY? To gauge their interest and/or willingness to do it?

Second, Harrison just recently said he'd be willing to do at least one more.

Third, Carrie has been losing weight. What motivated her to all of the sudden drop 50 lbs????

IMO all signs point to GO for the BIG 3!!!!

WHY NOT? HUGE payday and the most anticipated movie in the histpry of the world. They're all in their twilight so why not secure their legacy?

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    We'll probably see some big names in secondary roles, just like in the OT and PT... I mean, someone that's in the move for 5-10 minutes like Mace Windu? Those could also easily be EU characters.

Christian Bale as Kyp Durron perhaps?

16. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    When I first heard the announcement of Episode 7 I began to think who would play the roles of the "big 3" , so I was kinda expecting that and was fine with it. Since then the "big 3" have said they would return if asked I am not sure how this would work. It would be amazing to see any of them in a new Star Wars film, it is something I never thought possible again but how could it really work? This will be a new trilogy, and there will need to be some major roles that span to all 3 films and Harrison Ford is already up there in age. If this was even just 10 years ago it may have been possible but I don't see how they can bring them back. Really? Bring them back for one film as we get introduced to completely new characters?? This will be tricky even if they just appear as cameos. As much as I would love to see them return, I am fine with new actors taking over their roles. Although at the same time Han Solo will always be Harrison Ford! Seriously, a new movie with Han and Chewie in the falcon again? I never thought possible

17. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Oddly enough, that could probably work somehow.

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    First - recasting didn't work for Trek "because its not as important" - Trek is just as well known - it worked because they did it right and nailed every aspect of casting, character and story. And recasting was necessary because the Kirk Star Trek is the only cool Star Trek era. - yes DS9 is awesome too but only Kirk Trek could re-ignite the franchise.

Second - the Big 3 is only in Trek, Star Wars has a Big 4 (or 7 seven depending on your view)

19. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I'd love to see Christopher Walken play a creepy villain.

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Or be a really good guy that no one ever trusts just because he is Christopher Walken. :)

Wasn't he a contender for Han Solo?

21. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Actually that's the first i've ever heard of that. I know that Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman were considered for the role. But they made the best casting choice at the end of it. Though it would have been nice to hear Al introduce us to his little friend, Chewie ;)

22. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I don't remember ever hearing the Hoffman one - a bizarre choice - but I knew about Pacino.

It was only the casting of Ford that created the love triangle that lead to Leia and Luke being brother and sister - originally Lucas had intended the sister to be a character that would be introduced later for Luke to tran and the both confront Palpatine in Episode IX.

23. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Posted this elsewhere, but wonder if of all EU characters (if any), it'll be characters related to the Clone Wars that we see. Ventress? The Death Watch crew? Talzin? Even Ahsoka (who knows what happens to her - she could even turn dark side and come back in 7 as Angelina Jolie or something). We've yet to see a female villain in the saga. Maybe we will this time around.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd like to see Death Watch get in on a movie - I'm hoping they get some action tho season on TCW - ver underused so far.

25. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Keira Knightley should play Jaina Solo!

Looks like she's already trying things out to use as her New Republic Flight Suit!
    [​IMG]