main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

11.09.12 Am I alone in still loving TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Julius Vernon, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The ratings dropped a lot over the course of Season's 1-3, they seem to have leveled out this season though. (So far)

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I never got on the ship when it came to TCW in the first place. I have a fundamental problem with TCW, it doesn't even work with the films, while the EU it contradicts is far more consistent with the films.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Alot of people like to overlook the fact that TCW had heavy competition last year and really needed to be moved. CN hosed that entire block. Not to mention we are in season 5 and your normally going to lose people around s3 of a show. The 6-12 numbers have always been strong however.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I wonder how starwars.com making the episode available the day after airing has affected those ratings.
    The EU is now like Alderaan from A New Hope - completely blown away.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Not to me.

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I wish Star Wars was like Halo with its EU..

Halo EU is basically canon.

<3
    /ermehgerdhalo

Zeta1127 likes this.
  7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    At least the pre-Halo 4 EU. But that doesn't mean that the Halo 4 tie in material is bad, it's just that things are being done in reverse. In Halo 1-Reach, the EU was used to expand on things featured in the games. Everything in-game is given the appropriate amount of context needed to advance the story, and Eric Nylund's books are used to give you the full story behind them.

In Halo 4, it is the inverse. The books are pretty much required reading to know what the hell is going on. The context in the game is pretty much given as "READ THE BOOK TO UNDERSTAND".

It's still a good compromise between Star Wars style EU and Star Trek EU. Everything is canon and written to tie into the game, and the game supports it just as well.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    But that's why I love Halo 4 so much! It's basically EU made into a video game! =P~

Er.. so yeah.. I used to not be able to wait for Clone Wars to come on every Friday and mourn when it skipped a week. But now I'd browse the Internet on Sunday and realize a episode aired. After checking the episode info I'd either think: I'll have to try to watch it I guess..
    or
    Meh. I'll skip this arc.

Season 1 is where it's at!

9. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    i think disney bought star wars because of TCW. :p

10. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I still enjoy the series, more now then when it started. I think it has continually gotten better and better. I'm probably alone in that I actually really enjoyed the Mortis arc. It was very unusual and fantastic, which is something new for Star Wars, and save for a few minor things I liked it over all. Darth Maul coming back is also something that I really liked. It was a stupid decision to kill him in the first place, and though the details of his survival are flimsy, I'm really enjoying the possibilities he presents as a 3rd party in the war.

11. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

QuangoFett and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  12. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Mark it down...If they waste the return of Maul and fail to further develop Savage Opress then what was the point of both characters. This will be my number one reason to lose interest in the show as it currently stands.

They've already ruined Grievous...They've already made the separatist forces look like complete trash..I'm holding hope because every season there is at least one epic arc that keeps me on the edge.

13. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I lost some interest around the early stages of Season 4 quite a bit, but my interest in the show returned with the Umbara arc- the Umbara arc was almost a "make or break" scenario for me with the show. Since then it has been pretty level, although it has spiked up with Season 5. Without question, so far the first 7 episodes of Season 5 have been alot better than those of Season 4.

14. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I've been very critical of seasons 3 and 4, but I think this season is beginning to show a solid return to form.

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    :rolleyes:

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rumor has it Disney is going after Hasbro now, so...

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I saw "Star Wars" cereal last night for the first time... it had TCW art on it.

My first thought?

"That's not Star Wars."
    :p

18. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    What are your reasons for not liking TCW? I find (most of) the stories very compelling. I agree that sometimes stuff is over the top, and the Cartman Hutt bugged me, but characters like Cad Bane, Captain Rex, and Asajj Ventress fit well into the Star Wars universe.

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Oh, I still really like and enjoy certain parts of the show... Clones, Jedi, Hondo, Cad Bane, Maul, and Palpatine/Sidious.

The point of my last post was simply: When I think of Star Wars, I don't think of TCW first...

they should call it TCW-cereal, if they are gonna use that artwork.:)

20. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Fair enough. I don't think of it first, but my son and I love catching the episodes.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm totally going to buy me some of that cereal.

22. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Is it sad that that was my first thought too?

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm an 8 year old at heart and I'm not going to apologize for it. =D

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    If you hate TCW and you belong here dont go on TCW threads.
    PS I love it

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't see a reason why someone who dislikes TCW shouldn't come here. Everyone is free to express their opinions. :)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.