main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The odd & interesting world of dreams

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I had a dream where my eyebrow hair was thinning and they were going to disappear completely. I was freaking out and afraid of how weird I'd look.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I had a dream last night in which I was trapped in 2-story library with a group of people (that included Steve Buscemi), and we spent the bulk of the time fighting off zombie dogs & wolves.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So Evan, how did that make you feel?

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I dreamed that I was a guest host on the MSNBC show The Cycle. I was to interview Mark Hamil. He was made up by some expert makeup artist to look like he did in A New Hope so he was an old man whose wrinkles were smoothed out by makeup, he had his 70's blonde hair, and was even sitting there in his Tatooine costume.

We joked back and forth and he made a joke about Star Wars being over and done and I joked back by rolling up my sleaves and challenged him to combat, "You feeling jumpy, Skywalker?"

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am having a weird sleep pattern as of late. I go to bed at 7 pm. I wake at 11 or so as if I had just closed my eyes. Sometimes I get up and hit the web sometimes I do not. Either way I pass back out perhaps and hour or two later and have a long night of what seems like dozens of dreams. The alarm goes off at 4:30.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I was on a volleyball team of 15 vs 15. The damn ball came to me 3 times and I failed ot get it over the net. I then recalled, "Wait a minute, when last I played this in junior high I was awesome at it!" From that point forward evertime I hit the ball I either scored or caused our team to score and I was an even more devestating server. Final score, 20-3.

There is a girl I knwo in RL who wandered into a dream where we were in command of a submarine(Virginia class). We had just rescued our crew who had been hel captive by terrorists. She went below to ready torpedoes while I steered the sub into position. FIRE 1! The terroists stronghold was blown to Kingdom Come.

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Does anybody else still occasionally have dreams about still being in school, despite the fact that I'm 36 and don't have to worry about that kind of stuff anymore?

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  8. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    You are looking too much to friends for advice. They can be more psychologically manipulative than you know. You already know the answers, you are just trying to get too many opinions on your decision. Doesn't sound like the last one I gave you?

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i had a dream last night that me and my friend shawn were featured players in the cast of saturday night live. we killed the cold open and then, since neither of us was in any more skit until after weekend update, we went down the street and got a beer at a bar. the only bad thing was i kept thinking my boxer shorts were way too small.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not sure if it's being sick or the meds I'm taking, but really vivid dreams the last few days. A couple with still being married and at the miserable stages during the end. I'd almost feel guilty at the relief I felt upon waking, but not.

Last night was being locked and or lost in our local zoo with my kids ( who were both strangely preteens) and having Steve Irwin guiding us out. He kept wanting to go in the little pool with the baby rays, but we knew that was no exit. Then when the gorillas escape, he wrestled them while we ran to the kiddie train, jumped on and finally got out.

11. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I had a dream last night that I was at this weird church,standing in the back and all of a sudden a guy shows up who looks like a cross between a guy I used to have a relationship with and a guy I want to have relationship with.He looks at me with a look of adoration,picks me up,and asks,"Can I go out with you?" Then I say,"Sure,wait,I'd have to ask my parents" which is totally weird because I'd never say that,I would say yes and screw what the parents thought.

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, I haven't been out of school for that long, but yes, I'll occasionally dream of that cursed place, too. And usually it involves getting scolded for not having turned in homework. Or I'm late. Or I'm taking an exam. It's never a good dream.
    What are your school dreams about?

I used to frequently dream about being pursued, especially in my early teens. It was quite obnoxious. Then I found a magazine at my grandma's house with an article about how to consciously change dreams (while sleeping/without waking up). I didn't believe it would work, but I tried it nonetheless. It involved keeping a diary of your dreams. I did that for several months and I actually made some progress. While I can't say that I can consciously change my dreams, I have gained the abilities within my dreams to deal with anything bad (read this as: "I gained super powers."). Makes dreaming much more relaxing.

13. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Last night I dreamed I was running with the doctor, but we got separated and he found a clone of mine before he found me. All I was left with was a tardis blue trench coat.

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Just the usual stuff, like being in class and thinking why I am here, because I graduated and all that. I wonder if it's guilt-related, because I never took my final exams (My high school had a policy at the time that you didn't have to take them if you had good attendance and kept your grades above a certain level, and I did all that).

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I don't think you should feel guilty about that. It's not like you skipped or cheated. If the rules allowed it, then I think you don't have a reason to feel guilty about it. In fact, my American High School had the same rule (back in 2008, at least). I know many seniors that only had to take one or two finals. If you always got As in your class, you didn't have to take the final exam as a senior.

Maybe it's simply because we spent so much time in that place. My high school life was not dreadful at all (even though I made it sound like it was bad, I guess). But it's a long period of time, plus it covers your entire childhood and teenage years. It can shape who you become as a person. Maybe that's why it will still show up in my dreams. Whenever I'm feeling insecure I will dream of moments in school that made me feel the same way.

16. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I had a dream a couple days ago that I had made two doctors' appointments at the same time and kept trying to make it to them but kept getting delayed or lost on the way. Part of the dream was that my sinuses were closing up and I couldn't breathe - and then I woke up congested. Also because I was running late, I kept checking the time and it would be different every time I looked. I've intentionally used this tactic as a lucid dream check before, but this time I didn't clue in at all that I was dreaming, I just kept getting frustrated that the time was changing and I didn't know how late I was.

17. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I had a fragmentary dream last night about Inspector Javert and cell phones.

He was not amused by them.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Been dreaming of tall buildings since I was 6.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's because the only number he knows is 24601.

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I had a fairly intense dream where a passenger airplane made an emergency landing in Metlife Stadium, where I was watching a football game. I remember that my younger sister and I were interviewed about it on national television, but I can't recall what either of us said.

The weird part of it, (besides the whole plane crash landing in a stadium part) was that Metlife had apparently teleported 15 miles to the east and was in the middle of Central Park. Also, the game was the Kansas City Chiefs vs the Oakland Raiders in the middle of New York. I also have no idea why I'd willingly pay to see both teams. :p

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I was apparently some form of antagonist, though perhaps not outright villain. It was 1890's and I was using a hot air balloon as a getaway vehicle while Sherlock Holmes chased me in another hot air ballon with a sidekick that may or may not have been Watson. I managed to perform a maneuver over a mountain and landing on a rock shelf while using deflated balloon material as an extra sail and I left them behind as a floating dot on the horizon as I landed in what may have been a dream land of old timey London. My female accomplice restocked our provisions and we set off for some kind of treasure pointed out via a map. I awoke then.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Super Bowl's going to be in NY next year. Your subconcious doing a bit of wishful thinking on which teams to subject to that environment next year?

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    You mean the Super Bowl is going to be in New Jersey...

:p

24. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Well, I had my first JCC dream last night. It was a nightmare, so I don't want to go into detail, but I was/had died of cancer, but I didn't get to say goodbye to all you crazies. Tunick, you were sweet enough to make a memorial thread. Whew. It was an intense dream. God forbid it should ever actually happen. Hopefully this place is long dead by the time I kick it. :p

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I was having an argument in a dream last night and I screamed (in real life) "YOU ****HEAD," so loud that I woke myself up. My roommate wasn't too thrilled either.