main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Boom-Lay, Boom-Lay, Boom: The Expendables

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Sep 13, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Will there be bees?

GenAntilles likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Maybe his character will be like the Pain from Metal Gear Solid 3?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently the Nick Cage thing has been denied, being based on earlier speculative comments made by Stallone.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jackie Chan will be in Expendables 3

Jackie Chan has confirmed his involvement with Sylvester Stallone's "Expendables 3" as the script is currently in works to include the international action star recently at a press conference for "CZ12" in Kuala Lumpur.

"Sly had invited me to be in "Expendables 2" but I was too busy filming "CZ12" and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes," said Chan.

Chan added that he had revealed to Stallone that he hoped the third installment of the franchise would run along the lines of a 'buddy-buddy' movie should Chan be starring in it, which the "Rambo" star obliged. Currently, the script is in the midst of being worked on to meet the criteria.

7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    There goes all of my motivation to see this film.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't rule him out yet- doesn't take much to get Cage in a film, ya know?

RC-1991 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would donate both my kidneys and my liver to see Cage in The Expendables 3.

Maybe not.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Mel Gibson confirmed as the villain for Expendables 3 today by Stalone. I love these movies, I know the pat few years Mel has made some less than stellar decisions in his life but the man is a great actor.

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Doesn't sound bad to me. It fits with the casting goal of giving people another chance.

I love these movies, too. Too bad they didn't do this around 1990 when they were all still in their prime, or close to it.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's been talk that Seagal has worked out (or around) his differences with the producer and will be involved this time around as well.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd definitely be up for Seagal. Just hope he behaves himself. Could probably lose a few pounds.

Villain or good guy? I'm not thrilled about Jackie Chan's involvement, but I can see Seagal pulling off the buddy cop thing.

I don't think they've made good use of Jet Li, who I like a lot more than Jackie.

And they really need to drop Randy Couture. Total waste of space.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rourke is also coming back, which is great news- he was one of the best parts of the first film.

15. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Agreed. Mel is actually a really great actor. I was reminded of this a few months ago when I watched the criminally underseen Get the Gringo.

I've only seen the original once, but if I recall how things went down with his character, they'll have some explaining to with this one.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

I think that's my problem with these flicks: I wouldn't have minded paying $6 in a theater to see a film jampacked with such a plethora of action stars, still in their prime or relatively close to it. But when you see them now and they know and we now they're old farts that should have passed the torch on this sort of stuff ages ago, well, you kind of get taken out of the whole thing. I watched the first one and kinda liked it though it felt more like a Jason Statham movie guest starring 80's action flick stars. I've yet to see 2 so I've no idea if it's better or worse. Seeing Mel Gibson as the heavy on the third IS an intriguing proposal, though.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The second one was a bit less Statham centric though his role is still pretty large. Norris's cameo and Van Damne as the villain steal the show though.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I admit I watch them for nostalgia, as I'm a huge fan of eighties action movies and eighties action stars.

I'm also a huge Van Damme fan, so of course I'm biased, but I think the second one was better than the first. Van Damme was shockingly awesome, I was worried that he would just be depressing, but he put on a great show.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, no doubt- he not only stole the show, but made it a certainty that I will watch all of his movies at some point.

20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
  21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Okay, if that's true, and Harrison Ford is willing to appear in something *cough* like Expendables 3, then he sure as hell better be up for Episode VII!

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he's been in nothing but bad movies for 20 years. of course he'll be in episode 7.

23. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Next up is Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
  25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    How dare you malign Air Force One, the greatest motion picture of all time.