main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I don't think I would watch any horror/thriller alone while something is running around anywhere in my house either.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I didn't realize until I got to "irritating" what I was typing, and then I just had to go with it. :p

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    When Kateydidnt came back from moving her car at 3 a.m., I commented that it was like living in a found-footage crappy horror film.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi_Lover like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It is so freaking dark at my house at night that if I go outside with a flashlight the beam seems to go about 4 feet and then disappears. It's like I am surrounded by a black hole that sucks up the light at night. If I didn't check the mail during the day...forget it. Somebody else is going to have to walk down the long driveway to the dark deserted road and get the mail themselves. The one time I tried doing it I must have frightened some deer and they sound like Bigfoot took running off through the woods.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The sun setting this early is... so depressing. :(

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    hmmm... it's probably a good thing that Disney buying Lucasfilm happened in November. If it had happened in April, no one would have believed it for more than a week. Not that multimillion dollar companies participate in April Fools Day, other than Zynga giving everybody unicorns instead of cars one year...

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You want depressing? The sun rises so late and sets so early that for the next 3 months we get a maximium of 7 hours of daylight. In late December it gets down to 3-4 hours of daylight.

I think everyone advoids making 'big announcements' around april 1st. Especially anything media related.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was confused why it seemed darker in my apartment today. Then I remembered that the skylights were covered in snow. We also had a construction crew lopping limbs off the biggest tree in our back yard so nothing else could semi-demolish our neighbor's cars.

Thanksgiving dry run went well. I need to improve my gravy, not use the gravy packet that they had included with the turkey, but my own recipe that I've used for years. But the turkey was awesome.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My university is 'Canada's green university' - which basically means we are the most environmentally friendly campus in the country. Anyways, because of this, most of the lighting in the halls is natural light from skylights. Every few snowfalls they go up and clear them off, but when they don't, the halls get quite dark, especially those without windows. But most of the halls have floor lights for night time.

I'm a freak. I don't like gravy. Except on poutine.

I went to Skyfall today. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! It's now my favourite Daniel Craig Bond movie. Though Sean Connery will always be my favourite Bond.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is poutine?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I had poutine! It's french fries and cheese curds, topped with gravy (Briannakin, am I remembering that right? It's been awhile). A friend raved about it leading up to a school trip to Stratford back in high school, so we had to find a place to try it. Not bad, though I think I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate... :p

Edit: Oh, and I don't really like gravy either, so you aren't a total freak Briannakin- though I get far more grief for not liking cheesecake and whipped cream.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Excuse this American when I say, "That sounds hideous!" That is worse than the Europeans putting mayonnaise on their french fries. Yuck.

Okay, I know it is potatoes and we put gravy and cheese on mashed potatoes, so I don't think it is a 'taste yuk' as much as a cultural thing. We only put catsup on fries here.

The weird thing I love is gizzards. I can boil up an entire package of gizzards and eat them in one sitting. My son is the same way. My doctors says I shouldn't do that because it gives me gout. And I was told it is rare for women to get gout. But I need my liver and gizzards! My son puts catsup on them, though, and that is gross.:p

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I love POUTINE!!!!! (Yes, Lexi, you are remembering right). It's probably the only 'Canadian food'. The fat content can kill you :p But I don't eat it often. It's probably the only fast food menu item that you can get in Canada, but the exact same fast food joint will have no idea what you are talking about in America.

It's one of those foods where you can't knock it till you try it.

I like liver. Forgive me if this sounds utterly Redneck Canadian, but I love moose liver. And I am ashamed to admit this, but I have had a moose burger, thanks to my Grandfather. I also LOVE chicken and turky hearts. Every big meal holiday my sister and I fight for the heart.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I on the other hand, don't eat 'exotic' foods :p

Give me some Mongolian BBQ and I'll demolish it though ;)

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    If I could only pick one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be Chinese Shrimp fried rice, or the House fried rice that has shrimp, chicken, and beef. I love Chinese food.

16. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I put malt vinegar on french fries, and in the absence of ketchup, love dipping them in sweet & sour sauce... honey mustard in a pinch.

If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life... chana masala (but only if rice comes with). I'm a sucker for Indian food. *drool*

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As much as I love chinese food, I don't think I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life. I always stuff myself full, then I'm hungry 5 minutes afterwards.

Sushi and sashimi on the other hand, I could eat it till I die! There's a sushi place 5 minutes from my house and I go there so often everyone recognizes me. They now give me a free drink while I wait for my take-out order.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    That's why I prefer Mongolian BBQ...best of Chinese food (aside from stuff like Cashew Chicken), but it actually fills you up. :p

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I would have picked Sushi years ago, but since I now live in the wilderness and can't find decent sushi, that wasn't on my list. When I was in the Army some of my soldiers had Korean wives who'd send in Kimbap or Korean sushi for me (I think they were trying to get on my good side). It was amazing. I have gotten the California Rolls in the store and they suck in comparison.

By the way, I bought the new Essential Reader's Companion and fell in love with this drawing:
    [​IMG]

Jaina is one lucky lady. You gotta love a man in uniform. [face_love]=P~

The people over at the EP7 forum are going nuts. [face_laugh] We have another three years before a movie comes out and they are in speculation overdrive. I don't really care so much about the plot or canon, but I really would like to see some of these outstanding EU characters such as Jaina and Jag and Luke and Mara together again (yes I know Luke is not EU...I'm referring to the couples).

We fanfic writers have been doing AU stories for so long that I think we could handle a break from the EU canon as long as we have our favorite couples together somehow in the movies.

I am going to wait to see what happens. Meanwhile I will continue writing my AU "Mara never died" stories. ;)

20. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I am staying far, far, far away from the EpVII forum. That is a plague-infested cesspool, as far as I'm concerned.

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Same...I don't want to give myself a migraine.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Decent sushi is hard to find here too, but I live with what I can from the local resaurants. Sashimi is impossible to find though. I went to an actual sushi bar when we went on vacation and me, my mom, my sister and her boyfriend went to a fine sushi bar. The bill for the four of us was $90, but so totally worth it.

I always get giftcards for bookstores for Christmas, so I think I'm going to buy ERC. The artwork looks amazing, plus I've given up trying to keep up with the EU. I bought Mercy Kill back in august - I'm only 1/2 way through it, FOTJ Apoclaypse back in June -have yet to even open it, and I have both Darth Plegus and CoO as ebooks given to me that I have yet to read. I'm not really a slow reader, but I pay so much money for these books, I do like to enjoy them for more than a week, and I'm never able to get time for 'enjoyment reading' with university. I need to go back to audio books, that way I can fit them in even when my eyes have gone goggly from reading all day.

I do not dare to the EP 7 thread. Details are so scarce, their probably giving every rumor merit.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If you ever plan to even venture inside just to have a look... I recommend a full environment suit. Wouldn't want to become contaminated by anything growing in there.

And I need to get my brother into the habit of washing and reusing his dishes when he stays over. He dirtied three bowls and three spoons! I hate washing dishes, so I'll put them off for the week. But, it irks me when my sink was virtually empty, then he comes over and suddenly, it's full of bowls after he eats my cereal!

Sometimes, I want to throttle my family. And not just for dirtying my dishes. That's just a minor annoyance in a weekend full of annoyance and drama from my mom.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I need to disown my family. My mother and stepfather have been fighting constantly for a week, because of family.

But it was quite odd, this evening my grandfather invited all the 'adult' grandchildren and their 'significant others' for dinner. But even though he has 7 granchildren over the age of 18 (plus 11 more under 18), only three of us live in town, and only one of us has an significant other: my sister. So it was quite an awkward dinner considering my sister, her boyfriend and I didn't want to be our typical stupid selfs, yet we have nothing in common with the one other cousin who came. But the food was good. My grandfather made fried chicken.

I dare not eat out of my sister's bowls. She isn't exactly the cleanest person, especially when it comes to dishes.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I could always rent out my dishwasher to your sister. I don't use it! XD I use it as a drying rack, because I don't dirty a whole bunch of dishes, and I'd hate to waste all that water on at most a cup, bowl, plate, and a handful of utensils.

Saturday was my nephew's fifth birthday, and my mom wanted to Skype. So, my brother and I had it set up on our end and were instructing Mom to hook up the camera. She couldn't figure it out, a whole bunch of feedback came through, we ended the call on Skype, and tried calling Mom back. She wouldn't answer. A few minutes later, I get an almost frantic call from my grandpa. He had gotten impatient as Mom apparently wasn't "including him" on the chat (even though it was just voice for the time being), and Mom got snappy and slapped him. So, he snapped back at her, Mom slapped him again! That devolved. My older half-brother talked to my grandpa, while I lectured Mom, then passed her off to my other brother. I wanted to reach through the phone and throttle Mom, as this is not the first time she's done this kind of crap.

So, I went and did twenty pushups and felt marginally better.

Things settled down, and my brothers convinced Mom that she needs to find her own place as soon as possible. I suggested counseling for both of them, and of course, that was shot down immediately. Whatever. Way to ramp up the drama on your grandson's fifth birthday. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.