main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Hamill Reveals 'Star Wars' Master Plan

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Interesting stuff, I'm not sure how much of it is still relevant but there is really no way to know. But still very interesting.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  3. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    My thoughts as well. I don't know how much if any will be retained but it's interesting certainly from a historical POV.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Interesting....

I know we really shouldn't put any stock in this info, but I was intrigued by the part where Hamill said that it was in his contract to do a SW movie sometime around 2004...

Kind of creepy, almost...It's as if GL knew what he was going to do all along......[face_thinking]

5. Bleeding0range

Bleeding0range Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    I think it would be interesting to see Luke training on how to become a force ghost. Only, he is not actually given any help other than something Yoda or someone may have told him before they left. Maybe that would explain the "plains of existence" thing. And at some point in the movie, he of course actually dies... and perhaps we get to see what happens exactly on the force side of things. Like the perspective of a force ghost? I dunno, just thinking wildly outloud here.

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I think it's pretty awesome that Lucas has kept this hope alive for all these years - and it's actually coming about! I hope for his sake, that the ST will be awesome and that he can sit back and enjoy it as audience this time.

[face_laugh] Yeah - as if. [face_plain] But I think he's always been sure of some things. Hat off for that. Now I just hope I'll like what he visioned :p

I, for my part, have started to speculate how much to put into Yoda's "When 900 years old you are, look as good you will not"... Yes, they've said the original setting for the last trilogy wasn't that far into the future - then again - Lucas has never put all his eggs in one basket...

And if they'd find a way to explain how Luke - and possibly Han and Leia - would survive that long , neither Hamill of Fisher or Ford would have to fret for their looks - they'd still be in remarkably good shape, all things considered :D ;)

7. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    lord_eidolon likes this.
  8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Saying that he would exist on a 'different plane of existence' gave me Lost chills, then I realised he thought he would just appear as a force ghost.

Phew!

9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Lots of things change obviously way back then Lucas thought he would do 7,8 & 9 before 1,2 & 3 so the current rumours are the Mark Hamill will return as Luke Skywalker at about 63 years old .

10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Well that was certainly informative.

11. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    redundant, this interview was posted in another thread called "what does Mark know"

12. Orchid

Orchid Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2012
    No. Darth Boba

13. DarthGaga

DarthGaga Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    I think the part where Mark says, "I have a feeling in the back of my mind that this will be the last one, period" is also interesting. He was nearly right on that one, although Mark and Maria are not the best at math (1983+18=2001, not 2004):).

If Luke= Old Ben in the new series, then the "planes of existence" is being a force ghost, IMO. But I have no clue what old Han and Leia's role would be. Maybe they're the Owen and Beru of the 3rd trilogy?

14. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Don't be a jerk. It's not like every single person here has seen this thread that you're talking about. I hadn't seen this interview. I'm glad this thread was created.

15. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Oh don't be a baby

16. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    If Lucas still hold onto SW, his empty promises will remain but now the Disney is the new boss. Hamill could finally return to the silver screen!

17. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think this is relevant anymore. So much time has passed that the new plan is probably unrecognizable from the one Hamill talked about.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... It's not like the hundreds of redundant threads that clog up this section of the boards could have been avoided by our influx of overzealous noobs actually bothering to read the stickies provided for them at the top of the main page which were painstakingly created to describe what topics are already in circulation in great detail...

19. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Noobies can read? Who told you that?

20. higgyprince

higgyprince Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    What did he mean about coming back as a different character? , and only the two droids are in all 9 installments , the different planes quote.....I think you can safely say , Luke is going to die.....obviously , as long as nothing has changed with Lucas' thinking.

I wonder if Luke is putting on vaders suit?

21. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Probably is irrelevant now but who else is shocked they've never heard this before?

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is just another reason why they should have filmed The Thrawn Trilogy back in the early 90's. This whole thing with the characters being old and crap is really a bummer now.

23. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    He probably is in the first half of the movie training a young Jedi and then he dies somehow and comes back as a ghost in the next two episodes...just like his mentor Obi-wan Kenobi. Help me Luke Skywalker, you're my only hope.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Interesting. The statement was given a looong time ago, though. ;)