main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation If one of the Big 3 die..how?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by boomx2sjk, Nov 11, 2012.

1. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    If Han, Leia or Luke bite it in the ST, how will it go down? How do YOU want it to go down?

There has always been a focus in the EU to give popular characters a death in which they "go out in a blaze of glory".

What if (gasp!) one of the "Big 3" just dies...of old age? We have seen it before with Yoda...

2. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Luke can be a Force Ghost from the getgo, the circumstances of his death we don't find out about until Ep 8 or something as it is integral to the entire ST's narrative and big bad's motivation.

Leia can die/sacrfice at that same moment in Ep 8 when the entire truth scene/climax occurs.

Han can die of old age/strain....he can hand over the keys to the Falcon and the storage facility/garage holding the Falcon on his deathbed to his kid/successor/whoever that needs transportation STAT.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Crushed under the weight of the many redundant threads in this forum.

4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Han: Wookiee allergy, building up silently for decades, chokes him to death in 12 hours.
    Chewie: Moon crushes him - but a different one - just piss off EU fans.
    Leia: Anurism brought on by emphatic episode.
    Luke: Beer / Lightsaber related accident.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Han and Chewie have one too many drinks at a cantina somewhere and plow the Falcon into a building or an asteroid field. The grief is enough to strain Leia's heart in her age and she dies on the spot. Luke is later killed in an accident involving his X-Wing en route to the funeral, his age being a prime factor in the accident.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. boomx2sjk

Nov 9, 2012
    haha classic

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are so many different directions that could go...

I prefer that they all die of natural causes, although not in the same film.

8. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I hope only Han dies, and it'd have to be a blaze of glory with Chewie in the Falcon, the old ship finally taking one hit too many and going up in a fireball, I guess to sacrifice himself for his kid or whoever. Or maybe without Chewie, that could be an interesting subplot with Chewie unable to get over the fact that he failed in his life debt.

Luke dying in the first film and then becoming a force ghost guide would be a little too much like Obi Wan for my tastes. That kind of blatant mirroring would be a little cliché I think.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. boomx2sjk

Nov 9, 2012
    I like the way you think.

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Han needs to die, but he needs a death scene as well. Maybe he can't even talk, and Leia just gets to say "I know" to his gurgles or something. If Harrison comes back, let him do some actual acting - PLEASE.

11. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke dies saving Mace Windu's life. I really want Windu to somehow survive being thrown out a window.

Han dies saving Leia from Maul who better not die in the Clone Wars.

Leia dies in child birth like her mother did, or by saving Luke from Sideous who should still be alive.

Lando dies while killing Bobba Fett who survived that giant monster.

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Han inputted the hyperspace coordinates incorrectly and they flew straight into a super-nova.

13. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Is that my sarcasm detector going off? I wouldn't call the "noble sacrifice" cliché, rather it's a literary device that has always been prevalent in human literature. It's something we see as the ultimate selfless act which we all dream we would be able to perform if we had to, so naturally it finds its way into literature all over the place.

If you're actually just agreeing with my views on the Luke force ghost, I am very sorry :p

14. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I like how I was thinking the same thing, as I scrolled down and saw your post.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. SarumanTheChef2

SarumanTheChef2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2001
    I hope to see:

-Leia is a Jedi (Luke's first student);
    -Han dies early on in E7, establishing a new threat and testing Leia. Leia fails to save him somehow, and seeks more power (motherly instinct/'warm' version of Anakin's desire to save others)
    -Leia & Han's children (both Jedi) take up the task; daughter seeking this additional 'power' for Leia, son going after the new threat?
    -Luke dies at the end of E7, leaving Leia and kids to tread this line of more power to save the Republic/balance of the force.

Han and Luke dying in E7 would set up a really nice and challenging dynamic for those who are left, and set up Leia's arc. (It's the Skywalker saga, and her arc is arguably least complete so far. And her role as mother/Jedi leader could set up a lot of that)

boletus likes this.
  16. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Han and Leia go down with the Falcon. Let Luke die of old age.

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If one of the big 3 were to die then it would have to be Han..... I'm basing this on the fact that this might be the only way to get Harrison Ford back for Episode 7....it makes sense for him to die in the first 10 minutes .

18. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    what? chewie was hit by a moon?,,,omg the eu sucks

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I like this, but i reckon there would be a play on the "Han shot first" meme, whereby perhaps he does that, but still gets shot, and dies in the aftermath. So, pretty much a duel with the badguy in Star Wars.

20. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope Han and Leia, live happily ever after, even if they just fade into the background or go off somewhere. After all the **** they've gone through (especially in the books), they deserve it.

I'm not saying Luke doesn't deserve it, but his death is almost needed to help push the new hero forward. For that, I see him getting it from the new big bad.

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's not just "He was hit by a moon" type thing... he was on a planet with Han and their son Anakin during an attack that resulted in the moon crashing down. Han used the Falcon to try to evacuate as many people as he could, at one point, the high winds caused by the gravity flux of the spiraling moon took Anakin, and Chewie left the Falcon to save him. Chewie got Anakin back to the Falcon but before he could get on the ramp himself he was taken by another powerful wind gust himself.

Han had Anakin take the controls as Han tried to reach for Chewie from the boarding ramp, but it became clear to Anakin it was too late, they had to go or all 3 would perish, thus Anakin Solo made the choice and left Chewie behind and flew to safety as the moon crashed into the planet surface.

Danzo likes this.
  22. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    That is the most ridiculous way to die, it doesn't make any sense at all

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  23. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    What doesn't make sense about it? It was heroic - he died saving the population of an entire planet, and it took an entire moon to bring him down.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  24. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Leia will die in an incident involving Luke ,Han and a Irrate elderly trapeze artist from Naboo

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Han needs to die when a relative of Greedo, shoots first and doesnt miss.