main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm not even going to make a pun about "shallow" and water levels. Not gonna do it.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This one is multi level: racist, cecede, "maggots" Weeeeee![/URL]

...his Tea Party newsletter this week calling for an "amicable divorce" from the U.S., the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
    "Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" he wrote. "Let each go her own way."
    Morrison went on to express anger at the "maggots" who backed Obama, specifically calling out non-white voters, whom he accused of voting for the president on an "ethnic basis."

Now, in various places where this is talked about you get comments that we would not be losing anything so let them go but I say let them try and then let them get their butts thrown in prison for the attempt.

[​IMG]

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Looks like a spelled secede wrong in that last post

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.

Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled moronicity.

4. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

So it's treason, then...

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Part of me would really love to see most of these states go just to see where they would be in just a few years time.

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    What the news isn't relaying to you is that these aren't actual secession movements in the state legislatures, rather than they are a bunch of butthurt private citizen spammers creating their own petitions.
    Here's the link to create your own: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/create

For a state to actually secede the union, a special session of that state's legislature must be called, and it must be put to a general vote. I actually did one of my papers on the Louisiana Secession Convention of 1861...the records remained sealed and lost until the 1960s.

Just to show you how relevant this is to actual politics, I created my own whitehouse.gov petition...

we petition the obama administration to: induce writer/director Andrew Stanton to make a sequel to "John Carter", entitled "John Carter and the Gods of Mars".

Or...to be a little bit wackier...
    We petition the Obama Administration to: Deliver his second Inaugural Address while dressed in a homemade Tron Guy costume.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh I know it was not state legislature. It says petitions there in the article.

8. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    But the article says that it was the STATES creating the petitions, which is a bald-faced lie, as I have demonstrated.

They don't mention that it was private citizens creating the petitions until the third paragraph. Typical yellow journalism tactic; they know that the reader will likely only read the first paragraph, and will look for their whole point right there.

At least the second article you posted has altered their title to be a degree more truthful.
    Unfortunately they can't alter their URL.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/15-states-including-texas-have-filed-a-petition-to-secede-from-the-united-states-1
    And they refuse to alter the article proper.

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Maybe the people who signed those petitions can just, to quote Mitt Romney, 'self-deport.'

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Much like we expected people to self-deport rather than fight a war with Britain?

11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Lowie,

I'm surprised to see that sarcasm is lost on you. :p

12. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    My facebook is full of people that seriously believe it. I can't tell what's real and what's not on that line of thinking anymore.

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Someone really needs to invent a sarcasm font and/or emoticon.

14. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    It defeats the point if you TELL people it's sarcasm.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's been done.

For example:

Jeez, how can anyone not have heard of the irony mark, it's just so well known⸮

16. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    So, about those petitions... this is the ultimate end goal, the petition to end all petitions: http://wh.gov/9Fcg

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That doesn't even make sense. That's like dividing by zero and multiplying by zero at the same time.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    These people still think they're going to get what they want, eh?

I wonder how long it's going to be until we hear calls for impeachment...

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that the media is grossly misreporting/misleading in their reports about these so-called secession movements. It's incredibly inaccurate to say the states are doing anything. Perhaps the worst part is that then foreign outlets pick up on these stories and some don't realize these are open citizens' petitions and not any sort of government movement. It makes us all look like idiots.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    They've already called for impeachment during Obama's first term! One of them by Kucinich, but then again, that was for providing military air support during the Libyan revolt, so it's kind of not surprising.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, as long as we keep on defeating the ones with high poll numbers, we should be fine.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've heard that joke at my church.

24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    The AntiChrist. :rolleyes: Yet another reason why I am an unbeliever.

25. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Which is kind of funny because the antichrist as some kind of definitive master of evil/kickass dead-fox ventriloquist is not even in the bible.

The word "antichrist" only appears four times in the new testament....and all four times it is nothing more than a reference to someone denying the divinity of Jesus.