main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation C3PO And R2D2 May Be The Only OS Characters Included?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by G-FETT, Oct 31, 2012.

1. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There is a kind of racism practiced against non-human entities in the OT 'verse. I don't see any reason for that to change in 7, but I'm not expecting it to be part of the story. unless of course it ends up being a "very special episode".

2. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Right. But I'm thinking more of the bartender in ANH - "We don't serve their kind here!". I can sense a general animosity toward Droids that is evident in the OT as a result of the Clone Wars. GL has stated in the past that the Saga may be seen through the eyes of R2 and 3PO, but they may be seen as outsiders, and exception to the rule. The OT can be read as a statement of man vs. machine, after all.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I see R2 and 3PO being used in the ST much like the PT and OT, comic relief. As least I hope so, that way we don't need a character like JarJar again.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I always assumed that the seedy nature of the Cantina itself, the clientele wouldn't be a fan of droids, which can record everything they see, to be there when making their under the table deals etc.

5. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    We can only hope E7 will introduce a droid brave enough to stand up to that.

[​IMG]

kevmp and KED12345 like this.
  6. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol you gurentee?

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    New droids Please!!! New Droids!! Really people.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not like Daniels has anything better to do.

9. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Any character whose fate is not known in the movies or clone wars could appear in the ST.
    Here's my list of possibles:
    Luke
    Leia
    Han
    Lando
    Chewbacca
    C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Wedge
    Admiral ackbar
    Mon mothma
    Wicket & other ewoks
    Ghost obi-wan
    Ghost yoda
    Ghost anakin
    General madine
    Jar jar
    Boss nass
    Panaka
    Typho
    Darth maul
    Ashoka
    Rex
    Savage opress
    Hando
    Cad bane
    Sebulba

Some of these are very unlikely but all are possible.

10. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    Here's the bottom line:

Han Solo will not be in it
    R2 and 3PO will be
    Hamill in a small role as Luke BETTER be in it
    Same for Fisher and Leia

One questions: Does Ewan return as blue-ghosted Obi-Wan and visit with Luke? I think so!

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If any characters are going to return for the new trilogy, it's pretty obvious it'll be the droids. Let's discuss what roles you think they'll have if they are to return. I think Artoo will be given to the new main character, it'd be good if it was Luke's son, then Artoo would have been passed down the generations, as with Threepio who could serve Leia's daughter.

R2-D2: Anakin -> Luke -> Luke's son
    C-3PO: Padme -> Leia -> Leia's daughter
    It makes sense like this.

the_sinister_hologram likes this.
  12. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Sounds good although its kind of a squinted view. The droids served all characters really.

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Served, but not owned by. I think that is the specification here. Padme owned R2 but gave him to Anakin who clearly owned R2 in RotS, Luke clearly owned R2 through most of the OT. Anakin created 3p0, gave him to Padme who clearly owned 3p0 in RotS, Luke owned 3p0 for a short time but gave ownership to Leia in ESB and RotJ.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, I know they served heaps of characters, but I was just focusing on the Skywalker family who were the primary owners throughout the saga.

15. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    They need to be kept together.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    What's cool is that the 3PO's memory won't be wiped. He'll be able to add some details about past adventures, most likely to the Solo kids or Skywalker kids what have you.

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I always felt as though Luke set them free before actually owning them (after Owen died) with the scene in the garage when cleaning them and his not wanting to be called master.

I don't know if this notion makes much sense, but it has stuck with me and he never seemed to act like they were his property.

18. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I would love it if they returned to the new trilogy. To me, it wouldn't feel like Star Wars without them. Besides Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan, they're the only characters in all six movies. Perhaps we'll have force ghosts Anakin and Obi-Wan and other familiar faces, but Episode 7 NEEDS R2 and 3PO for it to feel like Star Wars to me.

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  19. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    What about adding a new droid companion in?

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think the droids will be the best source to the viewer of what has happened in the timespan between ROTJ & EpVII. 3PO can recall in his usual soun-effect story-telling way what happened to various characters, R2 can provide hologram recordings of said characters to add more emotional weight.

Other than that, I assume they'll end up where they aren't supposed to be (as usual) and cause problems or save the day.

21. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    What's great about R2 in particular is thy he remembers everything since Episode I.

I wonder if he eventually told Luke and Leia his stories, once all the secrets were out in the open?

22. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Will we find out if R2 has any other special abilities, ala flying in the prequels?!

23. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    As long as there are none of the embarassing slapstick episodes as in the prequels... At the end of AotC I hated 3PO even more than Jar-Jar ("I am besides myself" etc.)

yodasbum likes this.
  24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    R2 Goes to Ben Skywalker.....C3PO stays with Liea & is only in the new movies as a cameo .

25. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Given that, in the OT, the droids were major characters, if only for comic relief sometimes, it always felt a bit off that in the PT, Threepio especially was relegated to a background character role. I'd hope that the ST utilises them as the main characters that they're supposed to be.