main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What Actress Should Play A Young Female Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It is a pickle. But tradition suggests that we're going to have some lead, age 18-21, developing their powers over the trilogy, as well as a more experienced 25-35 year old actor filling in the Obi-Wan/Han Solo role.

2. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Olivia Wilde is definitely one of my hollywood crushes. She is so beautiful and such a strong character. She has a strong presence, I agree Summer does too. But come on Olivia is a strong woman with strong emotions and plenty of presence and her slightly masculine features makes her a every day natural beauty. Just look at the photos in this thread and how fake they look. They look at her photos and how intense and real they are. Summer is also a great choice.

3. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    She did look cool in Skyfall.
    Don't reckon she'd be one to jump around on screen with a lightsabre though. Although maybe her style could be more force orientated.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Summer can easily play 10 years younger. Also, she knows how to do action which will be very important in a SW trilogy.

5. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    True. A lot of people are hoping we get another Han Solo rogue type character, and I think it would actually be interesting and fresh to give that role to a woman, Mara Jade-esque when we first meet her in the Thrawn trilogy. I don't think Summer would be great in that kind of role though. If we were going to go there, my dream casting would be Scarlett Johansson ;)

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I can definitely see Summer Glau being in a Star Wars film from the pics that you guys posted.
    But what about Tracy Spiridakos, she plays the main role in the current TV series, Revolution. She's beautiful, but at the same time can act as a tough warrior!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    My perfect choice to play a female Skywalker descendent is Kiera Knightley; not only is she supremely beautiful, she's also majorly talented and has previous SW experience (having been one of Padme's decoys in The Phantom Menace).

Even though she'll be 30 by the time E7 is released, it's actually sort of the norm to have older actors play younger characters, so she could definitely handle a character in their mid-to-early-20s.

8. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Why can't she play her age in Star Wars? They never said how young she had to be? I'd still like to she her in play a character her age in Star Wars. She isn't that old... She aint no old lady. Mark hammil is going to be almost 70 years old , why can't he have a 35 year old daughter?

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    She's a good looking girl but I don't like her as an actress. I started watching revolution and couldn't stand the lousy acting.

Also, she reminds me of hunger games. I don't want to see any tween love triangles.

Apophis_ likes this.
  10. cotillion

cotillion Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Justin Bieber

Spazmatron likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Summer either A) is going to be boosted to full time on Alphas or B) is in the running to get a part on Joss's new show S.H.I.E.L.D. She actually would be good as a Jedi though, she's athletic for the part.

Echo-07

That wallpaper used this promo photo of Summer from TERMINATOR THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES and manipped her guns into Lightsabers:

[​IMG]

They're most likely not going to cast super well known people for the main parts - Star Wars is known for taking relatively unknowns (Samuel L. Jackson aside - that man campaigned to be in the prequels) and giving them an opportunity be best known for their SW roles.

Keira Knightly - she was already in The Phantom Menace and like Emma Watson has said that she'd done w/ big franchises. Olivia Wilde - I don't know, her being in TRON does put her in the Disney spotlight, but looking at her IMDB status she's got A LOT of upcoming film projects in the hopper. She probably will be too much in demand to even consider trying out for a part.

My hat to throw in the ring is Shelley Hennig (yeah I put Leia on here when we had no idea what Ep VII was going to be about.)

I was recently going through a bunch of really young photos of Carrie Fisher and I was struck by how closely Shelley looks like her. She's 25 and recently worked as a teen on Secret Circle, so she can play younger and is now a somewhat familiar face in the Sci-Fi genre. I don't know how well she can kick ass, but nearly all actors/actresses can learn that.

[​IMG]

Here's how she might look as a Jedi:

[​IMG]

If they're looking for a blond, I'd suggest Laura Vandervoort. She's got sci-fi cred having been Supergirl on Smallville and was on V. She's also got a blackbelt in Karate and w/ her sci-fi work she'd be able to step into the action sequences w/o an issue. She's also a great actress. Like Olivia she's 28 and currently isn't in as big demand.

[​IMG]

She has gone brunette before and looks awesome that way as well:

[​IMG]

12. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I totally forgot about Keira Knightly, could very well be the grand daughter of Padme, considering she played her body double in the TPM with tons makeup, and kinda looks like her.
    The conversation with Leia and her "You remind me of your grandmother, so much";)
    [​IMG]

benknobi1, EviL_eLF and DarthKreVass like this.
  13. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

Perfect young Mara too.

14. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't like the blond examples. I like blondes but they aren't working for me.

15. Wookiee_Vader

Aug 21, 2007

My god who is that?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    that's emma stone. i was going to say that girl from true grit, because she was amazing and i haven't seen her in anything since. but i checked her imdb and it looks like she's actually quite busy already.

17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    True Grit... that'd be Hailee Steinfeld, she's only 15 right now! Damn, a young actor that actually can act.

[​IMG]
    Hmm... A Solo kid?

18. Wookiee_Vader

Aug 21, 2007
    Eh. She looks different in that photo.

19. citizenmilton

citizenmilton Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Like the idea of the sequel trilogy having a female rogue / Han Solo type character. With actresses who have experience, I'd vote Adrianne Palicki for that role. But I'm hoping for unknowns.

But, in general, I'd like to see multiple key female roles in the trilogy, and -this goes for the whole cast- I'd love to see the production team try to cast the roles in groups like the OT, and find several actors who have great chemistry together and have FUN together and shake off some of the ultra-seriousness that marked several of the PT performances. And would love to see the majority of the cast be actors who nobody in this thread could predict. There's been some good names added so far, but, going with total unknowns seems best for Star Wars.

20. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    This is a great thread =P~

My vote goes to Olivia Wilde, no offense to the other beautiful ladies in this thread lol

thesevegetables likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    maude apatow

23. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Lara Stone.

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    This.
    [​IMG]

25. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Natalie I think was actually starting to get pretty popular before she ever did Star Wars. She definitely wasn't an unknown, that's for sure. She had been doing movies since she was 12 and they still play those movies she did pre-starwars on tv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.