main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Unsure

16 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Maybe

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No. I think it's fine if she is "Force sensitive" or something but I think her role will be matriarchal/political -- mother to some Solo kidss and mother to a fledgling New republic. My guess is she could even be Supreme Chancellor.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I would love to see Leia as a Jedi in the next film for continuance from RotJ. Yoda made a big deal out of telling Luke that there was another Skywalker, and Obi-Wan continued his story, so to speak, after Yoda died. I just don't think it would make sense if Leia wasn't a Jedi 35 plus years later from the last time we saw her. I don't see her being really involved with it though. She'd likely leave the Jedi side of things to Luke.

3. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I do like chicks that smoke....

thesevegetables likes this.
  4. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    I kind of think the best role for her at this point is sort of as a semi-retired political "matriarch" who wields a ton of influence but isn't directly involved in day-to-day governance. Give her a lightsaber and some Force powers, maybe have her foil a theft or assassination attempt at her palace to show that she received training at one point, but I don't need to see her kicking butt. I'd rather the movies focus on her kids.

agentkrycek likes this.
  5. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I would like to see her as a Jedi... but as a more thoughful, philosophical Jedi like Master Yoda in the Original Trilogy. If there is one thing i really don't want to see, it's a cgi heavy Carrie Fisher doing somersaults and backflips like Christopher Lee in the prequels. If they can "keep it real" then i'm all for it.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Keep her in a chair at the Jedi council, or have her as a hologram in a com link scenario.

7. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Speaking of out of Left Field, to the SW universe so was Luke's Transition to become a Jedi, if he can be a believable Jedi, so can she.

thesevegetables and agentkrycek like this.
  8. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I want to see Leia fight with a lightsaber!

agentkrycek likes this.
  9. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Possibly, but still kinda unsure as well.

10. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Being that luke said something about her discovering the force int ROTJ, YES!

11. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Vader told Luke in Return of the Jedi that his sister would turn to the dark side. Leia does seem to be more like her father than Luke in a bad way of questioning which side is the good side and which side is the bad side. Anakin (Vader) questioned it in the Revenge of the Sith & I feel that Leia questions authority too, since she was a member of the Rebel Alliance.

Leia may get pulled to the dark side by a secret apprentice of Vader or of the Emperor or both, & maybe Leia will secretly pretend to be good & then secretly have the spirit of the Emperor or some ancient sith inside of her in order to bring down the New Republic by totally perverting & destroying the New Jedi Order from the inside out.

Leia would pretend to be a Jedi Master & secretly be a Sith.

12. Darth Whatever

Darth Whatever Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Vader never said she WOULD turn. Here's the quote:

"So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will... ".

I also don't remember seeing anything that made me believe she questioned good from bad. She's fighting the "bad guys" throughout the whole OT.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Me too!
    [​IMG]

14. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

It was an excellent threat that may happen.

15. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I would like to see her as the Jedi Ambassador in the Senate.

JainaSoloYJK and agentkrycek like this.
  16. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I think this is the most logical choice if she were to still have a political role. The Jedi never had a representative in the Senate during the prequel era. It was always them doing their thing while the Republic did theirs. Having a Jedi Ambassador does create a bit more unity between the two parties, and it seems a more appropriate role for her than Supreme Chancellor does. They should leave that position to Lando.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Leia is a superb liar and would theoretically make a very scary Sith. I totally believe she could pretend to be on the side of the good guys for decades while secretly destroying them. On the other hand she has no motivations whatsoever to become a Sith. Something really big would have to happen to break her spirit.

Therefore, she should be a Jedi in the ST. Not the kind who does backflips and uses a lightsaber every five minutes but rather the more thoughtful and wise Jedi master.

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Here's how we're going to see Leia as a Jedi:

Leia's kid: Hey Frankie, I wanna show you something.
    Frankie: What?
    Leia's kid: I know where my mom keeps her lightsaber.
    Frankie: Cool!

Leia's kid shows it to Frankie, accidentally ignites it, Frankie dies, PSA ensues. "If you have a lightsaber, make sure to keep it out of the reach of children, or this could be your story." Leia has a lightsaber control bill named after her in the senate.

Sarge and The Hellhammer like this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm having a hard time seeing Carrie Fisher fighting with a lightsaber UNLESS its body/stunt double *. I just dont see her wanting to do any intense "bad ass" action scenes that we SHOULD have seen Leia do 30 years ago *IMO some of fans ideas regarding the OT3 work better 30 years ago than they do now. Just my opinion* . BUT if she wants to be a more mentor-like who doesn't do any heavy fighting then sure. But I see her more of a politician who just uses the force a little bit.

20. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I agree with all the people who say she should be a force sensitive politician. That justs seems like more Leia's thing. But really, I guess if she was a Jedi it wouldn't so bad. Just leave all the flipping to the new cast.:p

21. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I'm not as strong in my EU knowledge as I would like, has a Jedi Master ever been Chancellor / Leader of the Political affiliation?
    I've love to see Leia as both.

22. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    A really interesting question. It would be logical since she has found out she is from the Skywalker family and obviously would be strong in the force. If she is a Jedi what kind of role would she have?
    I think this will depend on what role the Jedi will have in the ST trilogy. In the PT they are peace keepers (albeit manipulated into soldiers). There role in teh ST will depend on how many there are and what they expect to be doing.
    Lots of questions to be explored in this new era of SW!

23. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I just never imagined Leia wanting to become a Jedi. Even though she is Force sensitive and the other half of the Skywalker offspring, I don't think she would feel inclined to take that sensitivity and turn it into an active role within the Jedi Order. Her strengths are political, and she would use her sensitivity as another asset in negotiations most likely.

eht13 likes this.
  24. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Why would you want to be a Jedi when you could be a politician with the authority to slag continents?

It might just be me, but I've always been a bit annoyed by the idea that Leia, as a politician, was a demure yet confident diplomat who wishes only for peace and compromise. I hope the ST portrays her more of an uncompromising, anti-tyranny hardass that a former freedom fighter ought to turn into.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's hot.

Well said, this is my take on it too.