main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Other cartoons from Lucasfilms

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sluggo, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would imagine that Lucas HAS to be aware of the immense popularity that the Old Republic time frame has enjoyed with the tales of the Republic vs. various Sith Empires. Also, given his apparent disinterest in the time frame post-ROTJ, I'd guess that if he were to move onto another animated Star Wars, it would be about the Jedi defeating the Sith 1,000 years prior to TPM.

2. sluggo

sluggo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    I'm in the middle of the Darth Plaguis novel right now and along with Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed, it is probably the best example of EU fitting in with and having the same feel as what Lucas has done with the movies and tv show(s). Darth Plaguis almost feels like Episode .5. What I would love to see them do is take the best EU stories like those 3, and do them as animated movies (either by Lucas animation or by getting a studio like Blur to make it).

3. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    I agree.

4. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    I'm there!

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm keen on this.

One idea of mine is for a feature film about the young Padawan Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon protecting Duchess Satine during the Mandalorian civil war alluded to in TCW. We get to see the militaristic Mandalorian society before Satine changes it, how Satine gets her pacifist views and the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the early days.

6. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    They could also do a anthology series that covers every era.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    you know, one of the reasons why I stopped posting at the dark horse forums was because I brought up the very same idea of direct to video movies like DC and the guys there were against it. They just want the comic books to be the main thing, and that was when I said, I'm outa there. They became too closed minded for my taste.

8. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    I have just started reading Heir to the Empire for the first time and I can see a lot of potential for a animated feature.

9. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Come on 2015! Clone Wars season 7 wraps up in the spring, EPVII in the summer then BAM! Star Wars: New Republic in the fall, the post-ROTJ series in the style of the Clone Wars!

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

Yeah, this has to happen. I need this show more than anything SW related right now. Do what you want with the EU: throw in Kyle Katarn and Mara if you must. But I need a black clad, black gloved Luke developing his Jedi abilities after Endor, while still having time to leads rebel forces and be an X-wing commander. I need random serial-style adventures that involves beasties like the dianoga, the wampa, and the rancor.

I need Leia's first steps into becoming a force user. I need to see Han in the Falcon again, yelling at Threepio. I need to see the Rebellion take Coruscant, and plant the flag for the New Republic. I need to see Luke stepping into the Jedi temple for the first time. I need to see Luke riding around in a T-47 (why does the EU never use snowspeeders in their non-Hoth versions? they're so awesome and iconic!).

I need biker scouts. I need cloud cars. I need IG-88 and Dengar. I need Lando, Lobot and Nien Numb adventures. I need AT-ATs. I need to see post-Sarlacc Boba. I need to see the Hutts responding to Jabba's death. I need to see episodes or arcs dedicated to Wedge and Rogue Squadron. And damn it, I need Ewoks!

I need a more refined version of the energy of Marvel and early EU, with careful doses of PT aesthetic and scope, but as a weekly cartoon. This may be our last good chance to see the OT characters and settings on the screen before moving them into their elder statesperson years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.