main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader to be Resurrected

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ObiGraeme, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiGraeme

ObiGraeme Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2012
    Hi All! Back on the boards for the first time in a long time!

I am sure this is complete nonsense, but newspaper reports are suggesting Darth Vader could be 'resurrected' in the new trilogy - http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/357610

What do you all think? Lazy journalism or are they on to something? If he was to be resurrected- what scenario could you see this happening in? Clone? Luke donning the vader suit? Another mystery wearer- I guess the thing ad far as most people in the SW galaxy are concerned is that Darth Vader is the suit, not Anakin Skywalker?

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    /thread

3. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Right, "industry insiders".

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    They are just after the advert revenue from all the hits.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    The return of Darth Vader would be really intriguing. Now obviously, it would not be Anakin Skywalker, but would have to be another villain taking up the mantle, but i can see a possible return of Vader many years after is death in ROTJ being a tempting story arc for the new trilogy.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He might appear as a warning; Anakin taking the form of Darth Vader to warn against the dark side (like he did with Cade), but a potential resurrection would take the whole 'space Jesus' to a whole new level.

8. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    that's an interesting idea. though it wouldn't make much sense for anybody else to take up the same suit unless the new villian were also to be crisped in a volcano, which seems unlikely..

9. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Taking up the suit would have to be for a purpose... say a Sith/Dark Jedi hell bent on finishing Vaders work or wanting to make a statement, causing unrest in the newly formed republic... it would be purely symbolic.

It could be a great way of getting Luke and Leia's attention. I really like the idea of the Sith re-emerging and Vader being reported as being responsible for events happening around the galaxy. Imagine the mental effect it could have on Luke and the rest of the Skywalkers? it could be hinted at slowly through episode VII with someone else being the main villain until the big reveal in maybe Episode VIII or IX of a new Vader.

I honestly think it could be really interesting to explore.

10. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    This is too Ghostface Killer from Scream.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can see another Sith donning the suit, or a powerful droid built by the new enemy to incite fear. It's a possibility and a good way to fool people into thinking that he's still alive, or just to make a statement that the Sith still exist.

12. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    If a filmmaker is going to have Vader in any movie, he/she should commit and have Vader in the movie, not cop out and have a pretender or copy to cloy and pander to the audience as a marketing gimmick as a form of admission that they really have no faith in their own creativity and talent that they have to rely on iconic familiarity.

That said, it would take an incredibly creative and talented writer to come up with a plausible story to a real Vader's return without contradicting or diminishing any and all previous story, characters and impact.

13. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    No way - end of story.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Vader could go all General Greivous and be reborn as a droid with a brain.

But Anakin is long gone, Vader was a part of him so it would be hard to bring him back unless someone else donned a similar suit to inspire fear.

Such an idea is not original though, and while I think the creators will struggle to replace a villain as iconic as Vader they will have to try if they want to have an original story.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That would be the worst possible move, lazy as well and completely unecessary.

No Vader in any way shape or form - with the exception of a possible Anakin ghost cameo.

16. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Vader is dead.

17. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    vader was burnt with his suit, so he can't be brought back to life grievous-style. His suit also being burned, nobody could pick up the original suit, which diminishes the symbolicity

18. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Nooooooooo....!

It's not true...

Please, don't. Just don't. I do NOT want to see Anikin in any way, shape, or form. Not in a movie that takes place after RotJ.

Unless, at some point, they decide to make a movie just about Vader...

19. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Guys, a quick google search seems to reveal that other sites are starting to cite this Daily Express story about Vader returning. Still nothing from any mainstream sites. But the fact that several lesser known entertainment sites are now reporting it is interesting. Not saying I believe it, but I do think the next day or two could be interesting to see if this picks up steam or is shot down quickly.

Personally not sure how I would feel about this. On one hand it would cheapen ROTJ. But they could also use it to expand on the whole chosen one/balance to the force storyline....

20. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I can't see it, the return of Vader in the new trilogy in any way, shape or form would be lazy and unnecessary. We have heard rumours of possible spin off movies after the ST....maybe we will see something focusing on Vader then, something between ROTS and ANH would be cool, hunting down the remaining jedi

21. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I think that if they want to bring back Vader, someone else will put on the suit. It could work.
    Luke teaches Han and Leias son the ways of the Force and after Han dies, his son blames Luke for it and gets very angry. He travels to Lukes home, bent on destroying it but he finds Vaders mask, suit and lightsaber... so, he succumbs to the Dark Side, becoming the new Darth Vader.

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Welcome back! I just recently came back as well since SW is relevent again.

As for Vader -- nonsense! It's not even lazy journalism, since journalism doesn't exist anymore. LOL It's jus rampant speculation in an outrageous fashion just to get people to click on the article. It's silly -- there's no chance of Vader coming back as it would basically negate the whole OT.

Also, the "writer" (read hack) says that the Big 3 have already been asked to reprise their roles as though its a fact.

23. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I agree, we are going to get allsorts of crazy rumours over the next couple of years.......everything from Leia's secret affair with Admiral Ackbar to Nien Numb reforming the Galactic Empire and building the Death Star 3 with nothing other than his bare hands and Mynock bones.....

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, if the new trilogy is more philosophical and esoterica, then there is an argument for a potential Mortis reference. Therefore, it could be possible for Vader to still exist (even though he is dead); however, if they reject that and pull a Darth Maul then it completely shreds RoTJ. We saw him not only die, but his corpse being burnt - then a gleefully waving Force Ghost at the end.

I know Anakin is the Chosen One, most powerful Jedi Knight, et al but there is seriously no chance of him returning in physical form. It's near enough impossible.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    LOL

Mynock bones. That's classic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.