main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Um.....evil still exists in the star wars galaxy. Remember, even if all the sith were wiped out for good, there are still non-sith darksiders that can exist. And remember, men don't need the dark side in star wars to be evil. In other words, no matter what, the jedi can not destroy evil.

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, I made that too broad - my meaning was that just because the Jedi exsist, does not mean there has to be Sith.

There will always be Jedi who fall and other kinds of evil, but the evil that us the Sith has been wiped out by Anakin's sacrifice.

The movies can still have Dark Jedi, but not Sith.

I can see how a Star Wars with no bad guys might be a little odd. ;)

3. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Disney/Lucasfilm are NOT going to make Star Wars movies without lightsaber duels, period. There's just no getting around it. When the average movie goer signs up for a Star Wars movie, they expect space battles, racing along at high speed, monsters, and lightsaber duels. Since there will be lightsaber combat, at least one of the antagonists must (in some fashion) either be Sith or Dark Jedi. That means there's at least a 50/50 chance that a villain or the villain will be a Sith.

4. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    No Sith Lords? that won't happen.
    It's too epic to be turned down.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Dark Jedi maybe, not Sith.

I can't see characters like Jerec or Dessan or Tavion being used, but similar characters could be created.

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    With early hyperdrives and navcomps not exactly being known for reliability, it's quite possible that there are whole groups of Sith out there!

7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    He meant the last trained Jedi will you be, otherwise: "...pass on what you have leaaaarnt..." would make no sense;)

Personally I would love to see Asaj Ventress as the main villain, after all she seems to survive the Clone Wars and is pissed at the Jedi and the Sith. A female Villain would be great.

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I disagree. The Sith dogma followed the rule of two. IF there were Sith everywhere then we'd know about them.

9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Only the Banite Sith followed the Rule of Two, and Bane was only 1000 years pre-RotS. There could be Sith from the earlier periods, like the Great Hyperspace War or the Exar Kun/Revan/Sith Empire era where the Rule of Two just didn't apply - it hadn't been invented.

If a hyperdrive/navcomp had taken them outside the explored and colonised parts of the Galaxy, and had then failed completely; then it is highly likely that they would not be known about until some unfortunate explorer or smuggler set down on that planet!

10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That's not canon. Anything outside the movies sgets over-ruled by the movies and according to ROTS there are only two Sith.

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Until there are movies set in the earlier time period, and they say that there are no lost Sith out there (something that would be unknown to Jedi and the Banite Sith alike during the PT and OT), then I'm afraid that it is canon. The Lost Tribe are an example, and there could be others.

12. DarthMacphisto

DarthMacphisto Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2001
    Barrack Obama, William Ayers

13. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    No, but from what we've been told, it sounds like Arndt is writting a screenplay based on Lucas's notes/outline/treatments. The idea of a huge Sith Empire and a Sith Race, and Sith magic and Sith Tombs etc... is an EU construction, not Lucas's. As far as I remember Lucas said on one of the commentarys (I'd have to rewatch to be 100% sure) that the Sith in his universe are only 2000 years old, it was an ordered created by a Jedi who left the Order, they took over the Republic and ruled it for an amount of time, and then were destory by in fighting.

IF that is Lucas's take ont he Sith (making that the G-Canon Sith), then its unlikely that other lower level canon Sith ideas would make it into the movie.

14. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I agree (kind of) I don't really want to see Ventress. I don't find her that interesting of a villian. But It hink the Nightsisters of Dathomir would be really good villians to tap for the new series.

15. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I dunno if the "average" movie goer would make that distingustion.

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Some would, some won't. If the characters refer to Dark Jedi and not Sith, most people would assume there is some difference, but for a general enjoyment, it might not really matter.

But I recollect several times Lucas saying the Sith is destroyed with ROTJ.

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    In line with A. E. Van Vogt's 'Null-A' philosophy - please, "for the sake of sanity, date"!

In other words, when did GL say that, and have his thoughts changed in the meantime? Don't forget that he did say "no more Star Wars films" after the prequels!

In any case, the preceding 1000 years leaves plenty of time for groups to go missing, unaccounted for....

18. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I believe its in one of the commentries, I may be wrong.

In regards to the Sith being in Episode VII, the whole point of Anakin's story (which is what the first 6 Star Wars movies Ultimately are about) is Anakin destorying the Sith. Bring them back would cheapen/take away from that story, just like the EU adding lots of Jedi still being around during the OT kind of takes away from Lukes story. The question isn't "could there be more Sith", because of course there could be. Its more should ther ebe, and if there isn't what impact does that have ont he rest of the series and Anakin's story.

19. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Sith? No, they're gone, along with all their secrets. Dark side? Yes - the Force can't be entirely benevolent.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The The Phantom Menace novelization has the Sith Order being 2000 years old. The EU simply has that as being yet another refounding of the Sith.

21. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    The prophecy of Anakin is vague, and the movies acknowledge there is a veyr high chance it has been misunderstood. All we know is the chosen one was meant to restore some form of balance to the force. A restoration of balance to the force would imply that the force at one point was already balanced, but that balance shifted for some reason. If the force could shift out of balance once then what would be keeping it from shifting again at some point. All Anakin did was allow for the force to go back to balance. Nothing at all says that Anakin would keep it that way forever. A balanced force would imply no conflict would ever take place since the force is essentially what keeps the universe together, and everything in working order. A balanced force would mean there would be no crisis form my understanding. No matter how you shake it the force will be taken back out of balance in some sort of way I think. All the sith are is force users who use the force for evil purpose. How could Anakin forever keep people form misusing the force? It just doesn't make any sense.

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    No, I disagree. You can't expect the next wave of film makers to be tied to something that isn't mentioned in the movies. You said so yourself -- UNTIL -- and I suspect we will eventually see The Old Republic series brought to the silver screen. Bringing back more hidden Sith and hidden Jedi destroyes the movies we have. Unnecessary.

23. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    My retcon for balancing the force, which admittedly allows for more Sith to run around and do awesomely vile things, is that Palpatine was the imbalance, essentially a cancer on the Force. Anakin killed Palpatine, ergo Anakin balanced the Force

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    To the "average" moviegoer, Sith = Palpatine and everyone else is "a bad guy with a lightsaber". Also, the prequels were clearly NOT dumbed-down for the "average" moviegoer.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    u mad bro?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.