main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Do you mean Vectivus?

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Yeah. I think I like that one.

3. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    It depends on where in the time-line the new movies take place. The newest book series takes place 43 years ABY. Luke is Grandmaster of a large order, with an established council, and hundreds of knights, masters, and padawans. The temple on Corusant is their base, but Luke started out his new jedi order on Yavin IV.

I guess we have to wait and see.

4. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    The dark side of the force will still exist, of course. The possibility of turning to the dark side is still a threat for all new Jedi. At least, something they will need to be mindful of.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If they decide to keep the EU, they can reissue with new covers the Young Jedi Knights and Junior Jedi Knights. Maybe add a Young adult series on Ben in between LotF and FotJ. I hope they have a small order. Have the council, most of who dont talk just like prequel trilogy council, but you can see Clighal, Saba, Corran, Kyp, and Kyle. I don't want them to go Jedi heavy in Ep 7. Maybe by Ep 8 we will get an Attack of the Clones level battle where we can see other EU jedi, Lowie, ect. Surely they will add some of their own. The question arises why create more Jedi post ep 6 when they already have a whole toy box. Inevitably there will be contradictions and retcons but it will be ok. It is Star Wars. Ikrit Lives!

6. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Lucas has stated that one of the themes of the sequel trilogy is passing on what you have learned, sort of like the knights the round table or something. There is a lot of potential for real drama if this is correct as the Jedi order (if it exists in an organized form yet) will be inexperienced and will have a hard time facing real challenges. Luke will have his hands full dealing with whatever evil force threatenes the fledgling new republic. There could be all sorts of internal problems to deal with as well.

Bring on 2015!

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The possibilites are quite vast.
    It is almost certain that the Jedi will be much, much fewer in number and that gives a lot of potential for a more in-depth look at different approaches and styles of doing "Jedi business." Getting to know a few supporting Jedi characters over the course of the entire trilogy would be a rather interesting exeprience.
    The way I hope they show these different "types" of Jedi is that everyone has his own sphere of interest and skills that he excels at. Mind you, I'm not talking about a simplified "squad dynamic" where you have a tech guy, a fighter, a tactitian and a quirky comic relief kind of guy. I am talking about doing away with the Old Jedi Order's rather strict doctrine of what is the "right" way to approach the study of the Force.
    Each individual Jedi would be encouraged to enhance his skills on his own chosen path, and not forced into the rigorous dogmatic system we've seen so far. That would open up a lot of potentially interesting characters and personalities among the Jedi.

Oh and get rid of the robes.
    A great way to give the new Jedi some diversity is let them dress however the hell they want, hahah.

The dynamic between the Jedi and the New Republic (or it's equivalent) will be interesting to observe as well.

I hope they do not let themselves be limited by strictly adhering to EU (if at all), no matter what it does to "canon."
    They should just do what they consider to be a good story. And I say that as someone who actually enjoys many EU elements.

theonesith and TreborSabreon like this.
  8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I can agree with the post above, but lets look at Corran. Rogue Squadron pilot and a Jedi that has little TK but is one of Lukes most trusted Masters. Not to mention the whole Corellian Jedi background from I, Jedi. He is the example of what you just suggested

9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Agreed, and Corran is most certainly one of my favorite characters from SW in general.

All I am saying is that they should not restrain themselves by strictly adhering to a huge amount of material that is out there, also that does not mean they have to do their best to contradict it on purpose, heh.
    Whatever makes a good and compelling story, I'm cool with it. If some EU elements fit in, sure, why not. If EU gets contradicted and we get a great SW movie, can't complain or feel upset about that :)

I do admit that I am leaning more towards having new, original characters instead of merely rehashing existing ones from either EU or previous movies.

thesevegetables likes this.
  10. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    I agree. This'd be totally acceptable.

I also agree with Hellhammer's post, above. They don't need to strictly adhere to EU, but they don't need to completely ignore it, either.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree to a point. Most background characters get back stories from Quinlan Vos, Max Reebo, and Aurra Sing. Either way fans will find a bearded nameless guy and call him Kyle Katarn... But I agree aside from the hopeful Ben and Jaina headliners. I hope the majority of the cast is new. Would love to see Ben wrestle a wookiee at some point

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    As I've said before... expect them to 'cherry pick' things much like they've been doing in The Clone Wars. Nightsisters, Aayla Secura, and all that...

I mean famous EU post-ROTJ Jedi? Lets see... Mara Jade (Extremely Popular), Corran Horn (Extremely Popular), Kyp Durron (Despised), Cilghal (meh), Jaina Solo (Extremely Popular), and the list goes on... I would expect Horn for sure... Jade as probably depending on what they choose to ignore, and Jaina could well be the 'female protagonist' I've seen pop up in discussions quite a bit.

13. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    While this has been covered in a different thread, I must also say it here:
    I hope they give them a bit more variety with lightsaber colors.
    Having only blue and green sabers was kind of dull after a while.

Hahah, too true!

theonesith and TreborSabreon like this.
  14. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Ask Chuck Norris to do a cameo we shall!

theonesith likes this.
  15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    EU Jedi have diversity issues that is for sure but their robe colors is not the problem at all. More like 90% being straight white males.
    Still I am down for more lightsaber colors and designs and a less formal dress code outside the temple.

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    For me it goes without saying that we should see different species and more female Jedi in ST.
    Perhaps I should've put more emphasis on that as well, but yeah - more diversity in that area as well :)

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Sounds good.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That would be my one complaint as well. After Luke you got Corran, Kyp, and Kyle all on the council. Too many white males on council means some might die or just be forgotten. Hope they keep Corran and Kyle in continuity for the ST. Hoping to see some of the cooler prequel trilogy races join the movies. Cereans, Nautolans, ect. Lets all remember Disney owns all of Star Wars. We might get a reveal someday of Yoda's home planet/race. Perhaps a Star Wars Episode 0, starring young Yoda. He would be the one alien to headline and carry a movie

thesevegetables likes this.
  19. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    I want them to be like Strider and rangers from lord of the rings. Rough wanderers that travel to many planets, doing good deeds, then disappearing. Would love to see Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Coran Horn and Kyp Durron too. Leia should also be a jedi, but more of a diplomatic jedi rather than a lightsaber wielding warrior. She should have a scene where she reveals that she is just as good with a saber as any jedi, she just chooses not to use it. There numbers should still be low, no more than a few hundred.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I completely agree. While I want to get a scene of Luke sitting in the Prequel Trilogy council chambers in a circle. I don't want there to be a large Jedi bureacracy. I want missions. I want good guys with two lightsabers or double bladed lightsabers. I want Imperials to still be bad but not the big bad.

21. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    The fix for this is obvious... instead of a council he's talking to ALL of the adult order present at the time. Which could turn into an amusing game of 'name that jedi' for EU fans.

Lets see, redhead clad in green to Luke's right... yep, that's Mara Jade. Angry looking fellow to Luke's left with long brown hair and stubble... that's Kyp. Dude that looks like Chuck Norris to the far left, that's Kyle... and the dirty blonde that's smirking from the corner... that's Corran Horn. lol.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    What there is a wookiee Jedi? Lowie! the two Bossk looking Jedi? Saba and Tesar? Is that Admiral Akbar? No that's Clighal. Plus throw in a Nautolan, Cerean, maybe even get the internet a buzz with a Whippid? Is that K'Krukk?

23. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Is that teh HAT?

24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    If Disney wanted Karen Traviss back is that bardan jusik and venku or Vos's son. Master Tano is just a carbon copy of Shak Ti

25. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't particularly want Karen back considering she was the one that proposed the horrible awful... lets have Jacen kill Mara Jade Skywalker arc. If she does come back, make her write only Mandalorian stories cause she does not handle Jedi very well.