main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Well if the Chiefs keeping running to the right like that it's gonna be a long night for the Steelers.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This was the worst game I can ever remember watching. The Steelers suck tonight, Big Ben got hurt. The Chiefs keep trying to lose with penalty after penalty. Now overtime, ugh.

3. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I hope the Steelers don't forget this officiating crew when it comes making up their Christmas card list.

4. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Oh give it up, you sore loser.

We managed it though -- 16-13. Hell yeah!

5. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I didn't actually lose anything, seeing that I had no horse in this race. Nice try though. :)

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, DT is totally right. I wanted the Chiefs to win because I'm angling to get a QB in the draft for once... but had I actually wanted us to win, I would have been really pissed about the officiating. Because it was really terrible. We had a TD called back for a hold that wasn't. We had another important long pass play called back for OPI which wasn't. Those are big and were really obvious. The commentators thought so as well.

In fact, I kind of want to thank the officials for making it harder for us to win. Them and Matt Cassel and his reliably awful decision-making skills and throwing :D

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Eric Berry is awesome- I pulled for him when he played for UT, and I still think of him and Dustin Colquitt as two of my favorite players, Vols to Chiefs. Thanks for that video, Point Given.

As for the game last night, I echo solojones- the future is much more important than saving this train wreck, but I do like it when my teams looks competent. I would like Barkley, and the race to the bottom looks like it'll be with two teams with "franchise" (I mean that in the loosest possible sense) QBs in Newton and Gabbert, so I'm hopeful.

The good- I think that the drive that set up the game tying FG in regulation may have been the best offensive series I've seen all season from this team.

But the leadership stinks- aside from our record, we had everything to play for, getting the chance to stick a finger in Todd Haley's eye. The defense really came to play, but- right on schedule, the same fundamental mistakes were made in the passing game for the bulk of the game, eleven passes completed all night. Cassel had great protection, too- comes down to his ability, which sure isn't worth 5 mil a year.

9. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Mathis is being reactivated. Great news for the Colts. Also, Josh Chapman (possibly the steal of the draft) has been activated, so I expect the defense to step it up some. Just in time as the Colts are heading to New England this weekend.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  11. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Beast mode

[​IMG]

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Steeler fan, but we definitely got some help from the Zebras last night.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Eric Berry has a fear of Warpaint [face_laugh] Priceless.

Quite clearly :p Though, as I said, I was actually happy with it.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I like that his annoyance is that the stadium shouldn't just be for rich people.... when any season ticket in the NFL these days requires you to be decently well off anyway.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think Juliet is Mike Florio.

Point Given likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The towering intellect of Brian Urlacher strikes again.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Urlacher is the posterboy for why players themselves should not have the final decision on whether or not to play again after a concussion.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN is reportig Mike Ditka is in the hospital after suffering a minor stroke.