main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Thanks. I wasn't sure how to go about dealing with that one :)

2. TheYankee

TheYankee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    1. I'm just giving you a hard time. Being a grammar nazi is sometimes fun to me, although I realize there's different ways to spell it.

2. Again, just busting your chops. "stfu" has become part of the Internet lexicon to an extent I don't even associate it with the profane word it implies. My apologies if you took offense.

3. I realize all of that.

However, your opinion that it "makes no sense that ending the EU as we know it would cause me to be upset" is just that, your opinion. Telling me it "doesn't make sense" is a bit silly, considering how I view the EU. I'm the absence of movies for years and years, that's all there was, and it did am admirable job of expanding the Star Wars story. I realize a good portion of people on this board are ok with the notion that the EU can exist as a "parallel universe." I don't feel the same way. Growing up, I took some sense of nerd pride in knowing what Luke and Han did after RotJ when my friends knew only the movies. I liked that there was a story beyond RotJ and that I knew what was going on. Not that it was ever officially canon, but it certainly felt like it up until now (maybe, hopefully not.)

3. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Harry Potter in Star Wars universe...

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    1. Spelling is not grammer. ;)

2. No offence was taken. Though the "shut up" aspect was a little severe. :) I just don't see the fun is whinging and moaning before the movie is even in production.

3. I phrased that badly - I meant I don't understand how everyone isn't excited that we are about to get a huge amount of new content - a new EU that probably won't need to even be considered an "extended universe". For example, any new TV series will be considered canon just like TCW.

Yes, that is my opinion and different to yours, but I didn't mean it was in any way more important or valid. I was just trying to express that I can't see it from your view. I just stated it poorly. So I apologise too ;)

5. TheYankee

TheYankee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    Who's whining? In the absence of any real details, all we have to do now until the foreseeable future is shoot crap at each other and speculate. We speculate best and worst case scenarios. And that ties into your last point... I agree it's awesome we're getting all this new content, but then, I thought the same thing about the prequels and I thought they were a colossal disappointment. So, I don't think it's crazy to be a but skeptical.

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    A thread on walking out of a movie ... that hasn't even gone into production!!!

That is whinging [ I didn't say whining - that a different kind of one ;) ]

I see nothing to be achieved in looking for the bad in something that does not yet exsist.

thesevegetables likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kim Kardashian cameo.

8. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Absolutely nothing.

kainee and thesevegetables like this.
  9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    If someone starts shooting into the audience.

10. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Dude, we have gone over this before with others. Have some courtesy for those who were killed in the theater in Colorado. Peace, D

Darth Shibs likes this.
  11. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Okay, sorry for that. It's still true.

12. Darth Myon

Darth Myon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    If I don't hear the fox fan fare I'm getting out of there!!! ... maybe I'll bring it myself and blast it right before the movie starts!

13. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Ohh lets make it right after episode 6 and recast Han Luke and Leia as taylor lautner, robert whats his face vampire guy and kristen stewart...
    I'll walk out if I see Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart at all.

Darth_Kiryan and Echo-07 like this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What is persistently lecturing people in this thread called?

"omg guyz the movie hasn't even gone into production!"

Noted. By everyone.

That's not really surprising considering you aren't the one making the comments. Perhaps the people who are making these comments do see something to be achieved.

Let me think:

Really any form of plan made in case something bad happens. Insurance, any form of defense or protection such as police, military, security, etc, any form of "disaster preparation", emergency contraception aka "the morning after pill", any form of preventative medicine such as a mammogram, a prostate exam, or any kind of "check up", etc etc etc are all "looking for the bad in something that does not yet exist."

Me?

I have noticed that a great deal of humor has been achieved in this thread by "looking for the bad in something that does not yet exist".

Darth Myon likes this.
  15. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Good for you.

"I see nothing to be achieved in looking for the bad in something that does not yet exsist."

A reasonably minded person could interpret this as a request to explain the point of view.

While I understand the meaning of your entry above, it does not really do that in regards to watching a movie.

I am interested to know how the notion could even occur to someone.

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    And who is lecturing?

17. Jedi Mountain

Jedi Mountain Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2012
    What would make me so mad to walk out of Episode VII?
    Lucas Marvelizes the Star Wars franchise through Disney eyes.
    Also, I want to see a Luke "two suns" moment in the first 20 minutes, with goose-bumps, or this trilogy is over before it begins.

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Can it be triple suns?

Or a moon?

And no - not that kind!!!

Perhaps look can stare at Button Moon!!! :)

19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Agreed. I hope the embarrassment that was the PT is referenced as little as possible.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Secret successor Sith, a new darkside faction calling themselves Sith, and/or Luke's students turning to the Dark Side (unless they want darksiders who aren't "evil")

21. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    That the movie is such amess and hard to follow because they made an EU movie instead of a Star Wars movie.

22. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    - Robert Pattinson in it
    - Lame jokes (like in Avengers)
    - Too much CGI.

23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Man, it would have to be something really bad for me to walk out. If Mickey Mouse shows up on screen with a lightsaber, yeah, I just might.

kainee and Varactyl like this.
  25. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd find it hard to walk out of it, no matter what level they butcher it to. But completely recasting the Big Three and setting it 30 seconds after the end of Jedi would make me seriously consider going to watch the rest of the monstrosity that would be the Sequel Trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.