main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    More Jedi I want: Waxarn Kel, Seha Dorvald, Izal Waz, Kolir Hu'lya, Avinoam Arelis, Doran Tainer, Sanola Ti, Raynar Thul

More Jedi I Really want: the Horn Kids and Tahiri, (always wanted a Valin/Syal romance)

2. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't see anything wrong with some semblance of continuing old Jedi tradition, specifically traditional Jedi robes, not talking about a whole lot else here. There is nothing wrong with Jedi robes, in fact I'm hoping we'll see Master Skywalker donning Jedi robes as the wise old sage of the New Jedi Order. Other traditions I'm not attached to, such as the strict zero-tolerance on relationships, etc.

3. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt we'll get this in the ST, but if I had my druthers (as a fan of the post-RotJ EU) we'd see Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, Cilghal, Kip Durron, Corran Horn, Saba Sebatyne, Tionne and Kam Solusar, Barratk'l, Tahiri Veila, Lowbacca, Octs Ramis, Tesar Sebatyne, Zekk, etc.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Agree with Jaina, Ben, Clighal, Kyp, Corran, Kyle, Saba, the Solusars, Tahiri, Lowie, Tesar, and Zekk. Barratk'l appeared only reciently with little to no back story. Wouldn't be upset if she wasnt there. Ditto on Octa Ramis. Would rather see non jedi at that point, ie. Syal and Myri Antilles

5. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't throw us a bone and include all of these guys in a completely orginal story, I wouldn't expect speaking parts for very many (if any) of them, but to see them would be a kick *** pleasure. Talon Kardde, Ghent, Booster Terrik, etc., as bit players as well.

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe a cameo of a blood red ISD in the background eh?

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    All the people who dislike the EU won't care if Kyle or Kyp or Corran or Clighal appears. They would be more thrilled to see Lando have Lobot at his side or a bounty hunter reunion. Do they consider backstories of Aalyaa Secura, Kit Fisto, Yaddle, Even Piell, Ki Adi Mundi, and Mace Windu EU? Possibly but since they were in a movie, it some how makes them more legitamate. I guess that is all we are asking for with the new Jedi Order in EP 7

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I want to see Jedi being a small order of highly skilled highly trained warrior and diplomats. Have a council, but have an order where every jedi knows every other one. The council can send a knight on missions but for the most part Jedi go do as they please. I think that a scene like yoda training younglings would be awesome with Luke doing the exact same thing and have Jaina or Ben come rushing in.

9. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd like to see more Jedi, but nowhere near PT levels. A loose coalition of Jedi who have come out the woodwork since the fall of the empire could be really cool.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke is the first of a new order. All of his order are either his age or younger. He trains them.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Considering the movie probably takes place 30-40 years after ROTJ, someone who was born 5 years after the battle would a grown person by the time of Ep7 so the ages of the Jedi can vary quite a bit.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well its not just that its most won't know who any of those characters are. I suppose some people might hazily remember some of these characters from various videogames.

But yeah Movie Characters have a higher degree of legitimacy because people will at least remember them.

Honestly, I would care more about rolling in the EU if was not so absurdly dominated by straight white males. If its more representative like PT (might be the only thing the PT did right in my book). Current EU is as bad if not worse then the OT which is rather pathetic even if you ignore Skywalker/Solo Legacies.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    "Bad if not worse than the Original Trilogy?" The Original Trilogy created all that is in the Star Wars galaxy. I agree white males dominate the new jedi order and that an effort should be made to diversify the NJO

14. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    White males are not actually an overwhelming majority. We've just seen a lot of white, male main characters and a bunch of SkySolos.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Look at the Council you have Luke Kam Kyp Corran and Kyle. 5 of the 12 are human males. The most sitting members during the clone wars was 3, Mace, Anakin, and Obi Wan

16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    All of them (except perhaps Kyle) were Luke's First Class - and are therefore the most experienced human Jedi.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Kyle and Mara did their own thing as did Corran... kind of. Kam was already a knight helping Luke teach the first class. What about Barratk'l and Octa Ramis? They really havent done much. Would rather see Lowie on the council

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Barratk'l is a very recent appointment, one made by Kenth during FotJ.

Octa has been active, but probably not been too visible as a named character.

And don't forget, most of the Jedi were penned-up in the Temple for a good deal of FotJ!

How true it is I don't know, but the rumour is that TPTB ordered Lowie into the background - not wanting Wookie Jedi, maybe due to late-onset TCW!

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah they did. It was long before TCW. It was around KOTOR 2, cause they wanted Hanaar to be a Dark jedi and he was like no. No Wookiee Jedi, and they asked about Lowie and I guess he got grandfathered in. But main reason for not using him is his inability to write dialogue

20. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I want to see jedi with double bladed or multi-bladed light sabers.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Joey whats your deal?

22. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Didn't you think Maul's lightsaber was cool?

23. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Shado Vao:
    [​IMG]

24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yes but not to knock you bud, but your ideas might seem cool to you but they arent profitable in the least for a massive franchise such as star wars

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Shado Vao is cool. But a "multi bladed lightsaber?" what are you proposing?