main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    What system are you running? I've helped a friend jerry-rig his copy to work before

2. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm running windows 7 with 4GB RAM, pentium dual core @2.3ghz and built in graphics/soundcard.

3. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Try running it in compatibility mode for XP.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    It's probably the built in graphics more than anything else. It sounds like most of your other hardware is sufficient for the most part. If you can get it to load PC configuration options or something, you might be able to simply turn down graphics levels to lowest settings and run it reasonably well from there.

But definitely try The Corellian's suggestion first.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  5. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try it on my girlfriends laptop which is much newer than mine. Regardless of the outcome I'm going to download the game from Steam. On how many devices can you use a downloaded game? Is it limited to one, or can it be copied to disc and used anywhere?

6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Dark-Fox
    I plan on buying it off Steam as well. If I get it before you do I'll let you know.

7. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks Chewiee!

But hold on. I assumed that as KotOR was on there, the sequel would be to but it ain't. :oops:

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    You can't copy a steam game to disk. However, it may be possible to run on more than one system, you'd just have to log into your steam account every time you switched systems.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  10. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    o_OHuh, I guess I must be blind. Or stupid :)

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Or maybe I am horribly misinformed, but I'm pretty sure.

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Out of interest guys, what kind of mods, if any, have you used while playing KotOR 1 and 2?

I've done a bit of lazy Sunday gaming yesterday, featuring KotOR 1 (which I'm re-playing for months now xD). And I've remembered that I've installed a few mods from KOTOR Filefront, fixing glitches, swoopracing, some robes and (embarassingly, lol) the Bastila and Carth romances. ;)
    I've never really changed appearances (e.g. different character portraits, makeup, whatever), but things like more satisfactory Carth romance or a visual Bastila kiss add a bit to the story. :p

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I originally played on the Xbox, and only recently got pc versions, I haven't tried any of the available mods as of yet.

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Already have it for the X-Box. And while it lacks mods, it makes up for it in funny glitches. Like leveling up your abilities to Master on Taris :D

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Ah, my favourite SW game bar X-wing Alliance. And then they did a 50 comic run of awesome.

Seriously though, I'm annoyed that I can't play TOR because I have a Mac. I've heard good and bad, but at this point it's a junkie thing. I NEED MAH FIX

17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd like to try TOR but dinät have much time for MMOs. That being said, I just got Guild Wars 2 from uni friends so we could hang out whilst dispersed acorss the globe (*escapism*). So comics and book will have to do.

Speaking of, would anyone recommend TOR novels? (sans Revan)

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I was going to say 'for the love of GOD stay away from Revan', but you handled that one :p

As for the others...haven't read them yet.

19. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I can relate that Knight Errant wasn't too bad of a novel. It showed some of the flaws and tactics of the second generation sith in a tiny sector/fiefdom grew up and overthrown/killed the original person that the Emperor had given it too, and how they recarved and fought each other over it. Plop a Jedi into the middle of it all, and hello story. Not too shaby, a few parts are strained as I am unsure of the time line to set something like that situation up, but not as bad a read as Revan. ;)

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Mitthy, it takes an act of God to get as bad as Revan (the book) :p

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    To think though, I actually waited to buy that book for months after it came out so that I could read it, and strained to stay spoiler free as I could. :rolleyes:

23. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    But now that you know what its like...it was a waste of your time right? :p

EDIT: We are also rapidly approaching 250 posts, which is the point we can apply for Senate Membership. Since I am already the Senator for the BMC, we need someone else to run this when we reach that point.

I'll take nominations, and set up a poll. Just let me know who you want/if you want to be the Senator ;)

24. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Sweet! Post more!

Oh, and I dislike both Revan and Knight Errant, but I read two others that were enjoyable if not particularly memorable. Which is why I am unable to give you their titles...

I tried TOR the game for about an hour. It didn't successfully capture my attention like the KOTORs.

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I have no desire to play TOR. I would have preferred they made an RPG (KOTOR 3 :p ), since I only play free MMO's (like World of Tanks or Star Trek Online) and Bioware's attempt at free to play is apparently horrid, and hobbles you to the point where you HAVE to spend money to get anything good.