main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader to be Resurrected

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ObiGraeme, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Now that the Empire is squashed persay, and the Rebels are building a new government and such, i can see "Anarchists" using the image of Darth Vader as their emblem or symbol of striking fear or fear mongering. That can lead to much hate and gives a different view on the whole "strike me down and I will be more powerful than before" line from IV

2. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Oh jeez. Well, Disney did bring back one of their other well-liked villains in recent years...

"What would any of you be willing to do? Hmm? Would you fly to the edge of the known galaxy, and beyond, to fetch back hoary Han and the MIllennium Falcon?"
    "Count me in!"
    "Me too!"
    "RRRAWR!"
    "All right! But if you're going to brave the weird and uncharted systems of the Unknown Regions, then you will need someone who knows those hyperlanes."
    (black boots are seen descending the steps, the breath becoming audible)
    "Join me, and together we will ru....find Captain Solo!"

davvi36 likes this.
  3. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I just read this: http://www.supershadow.com/

I heard that this source had a preety good outline of Indy 4 available, before any details about it were made official. Though I have read the whole outline, I am still pondering if I like what I have read or not. Maybe a new thread is needed for discussion...

4. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Lets just bring back Pademe while we're at it. And Biggs. And Owen and Beru. And Porkins. And Arvel Crynyd. And Bail Organa.
    This doesn't sound like bad fan fiction at all.

Who let Kevin J Anderson into the ideas room?

He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If he hadn't been barbecued on Endor he'd be pushing up the daisies!
    His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig!
    He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile

Cantina Bassist likes this.
  5. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    i wouldn't believe anything i ever read at supershadow.com, even if they were to post that obama was recently re-elected.

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Why would anarchists use Vader as a symbol? They're philosophy is about chaos while the Sith and the very concept of any empire is absolute control and order.

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    LOL! Supershadow still going then? [face_laugh]

8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the only way you can bring back Vader is to rework the kind of apparition seen in the Dagobah cave. If Luke is training up a young Jedi (perhaps his own relative), they could find themselves facing Vader again, as Luke did, only this time it is Luke (as the master) that has brought the apparition in with him.

It reenforces the point to the padawan that the dark side lies in us all, whilst also being a way to reveal to them the truth about Luke's connection to Vader, which Luke can then use as a way of confiding in his apprentice an important truth, and as a warning about the dangers of the dark side. It's the same lesson it was in ESB but from a different perspective and perhaps also holds a different lesson for Luke too. Luke may have to confront the fears Obi-Wan did - that someone he loves may turn to the dark side. Luke would have to learn to let go of his fears in a way we haven't seen him do yet.

And it may even be enough to get Vader in the trailer and on the poster without having to physically resurrect him or something else that ruins the whole point of eps 1-6. It would certainly beat the time travel nonsense. I think it can work that Vader's shadow looms large over Luke, Leia and the Jedi, but I don't want to see a clone of Vader stalking around the galaxy again. Give us a new villain.

AdmiralSteven likes this.
  9. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Well I take a few days off from Star Wars news and I come back to this rumor. This is what I was afraid of with Disney. They want to make money and vader is money in the bank. I think it's a mistake if they do . Yeah maybe new generation of fans would love it but it annoy a lot of fans including myself. IMO the Vader/Anakin story is amazing and should be left alone. bring in a new Sith if done right fans would love it . Look how much Maul is loved and he wasn't even used right.

FinleySlade likes this.
  10. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I am with those who would be skeptical about any Vader return. But the biggest challenge of these sequels is probably trying to be successful without using Vader. He's such an iconic bad guy (always in the top 5 movie villains of all time lists, etc).

If Anakin's story is over, then I can't see how they shoehorn Vader into these movies... Maybe some would view that as a challenge, but it doesn't feel like an organic evolution of the Saga if they try.

davvi36 likes this.
  11. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I just hope the old time travel rumours don't turn out to be true. Obviously execution is always key, so perhaps they could pull up such a thing, but to me it feels very un-SW and not needed. As stated, coming up with a new villain that can fill the shoes of Vader and Palpatine is considerable but to talented film-makers it shouldn't be impossible. Maul (if developed in the right way) could have been as iconic as Vader I think. Dooku was interesting too and had they handled Grievous as they did in the original CW micro-series, he could have been very menacing. IMO, they should avoid the Darth Malgus approach. Ripping off Vader too closely is not the right way to take things.

12. Robby2Slobby

Robby2Slobby Jedi Master star 1

Jul 29, 2003
    Don't believe it. If they ever want Vader back, they can explore it with a one off movie or something set between three and four but isn't part of the saga. It doesn't make sense at all that Vader or an incarnation of him would be back.

It would sell merchandise. But the movie would be a joke.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There is, in fact, only one way to crowbar Anakin and even Darth Vader into Episode VII:

Leia needs closure and has to accept who her father was. OT addressed Luke and his relationship with Anakin, but not Leia. Several online publications speculate that Episode VII will bring acceptance to the entire Skywalker family (Luke, Leia and Anakin). After all, Darth Vader tortured his own daughter, blow up her home planet and killed her adopted family/friends in the process (and you thought Britney Spears had a negative relationship with her Dad).

Maybe there will be a scenario, in which the Force makes Leia confront her deepest fears: the role of her father in the Galactic Civil War. In the end, she might realise that, in order to bring balance to the Force, Anakin had to choice but turn to the Dark Side.

(In other words, the prophecy of the Chosen One will actually be explained.)

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think the only way Vader would work with new films is going the Force unleashed route.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is worth mentioning that in New Hope, the Prophets of the Dark Side were originally written in the script (the cult who resurrected Darth Maul to replace Vader); so there is possibility of a clone theory.

16. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I would like to see Anakin's soul to possess Chewbacca's body and then going on a rampage throughout the Galaxy.

17. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    He's an ex-Vader.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    No he's not. He's resting. :D

Cantina Bassist likes this.
  19. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Let's examine this though.

As a merchandising juggernaut, the biggest iconic figure in Star Wars history has always been Darth Vader. From his omnious presence, the mask and helmet, and the infamous breathing - Vader has been the focal point.

I said this in another thread - now that Disney is running the show, don't be surprised if they go along routes like brining in a new Vader. Though i am not sure how this could serve the story and I am sure George would be against it - but think about it. The return of Darth Vader - not Anakin Skywalker - but Darth Vader - evil incarnate.

Maybe this new Vader can be even more menacing and powerful.

We all thought the idea of Episode VII was a long lost dream or even the reuniting of the 'big 3' - but now we know the film will be out in 2015 and that its pretty close we will see the return of Luke, Han and Leia.

So - I would not be surprised at the least if Disney found a way to bring back "Darth Vader".

20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Why use Vader when you can develop a new Sith? One with maybe a face mask, unique looking lightsaber, and cool looking outfit so you can market new Halloween costumes, new action figures and then since we are no longer sticking to EU canon...we can start an entirely new line of EU books based on the new trilogy. I have a feeling that marketing is going to be a major factor when writing a script.

21. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Jump the Shark, Nuke the Fridge, Jump the Couch, Resurrect Vader, etc etc.

22. Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon

Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm shocked people still buy what he's selling.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This has gotten beyond ridiculous. *click*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.