main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reactions] U.S. Presidential Election Day 2012

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My parents are Boomers and hardcore Democrats. They either don't really understand my criticisms of the Democratic Party or dismiss them as me asking for perfection. They're smart people, but for some reason drone strikes, the revolving door, the military-industrial complex, tepid healthcare reform, etc. don't bother them nearly as much as they do me or even at all because Obama is great or at least better than McCain or Romney. That disappoints me.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Apparently the Florida ballots have finally been counted and Obama won by 100,000 votes. Whew!

KnightWriter likes this.
  3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Going back a ways but I just thought it was interesting to show the pockets within those 70-30 blocks.

Secession- waste of time to discuss, it's just an insignificant sliver of the population yelling, "Look at me!"

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What is it with the Karl Rover superpac saying it will expand? I thought superpacs were just a election tool. Are these now political think tanks that can milk billionaires for promises of tax cuts and world domination?

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Rove wants even more money for the 2014 midterms, that's all.

I doubt he's going to get it.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I love seeing that pig that taught itself to walk Rove on the hot seat.

What was his genius prediction? Popular vote to Romney and 279 electoral votes? You would think billionaires would be smart enough to not invest twice with a guy that provided a non-existent ROI on their 1st 300 million.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    FOX just compared regulation under Obama to "black mold"... nice.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :rolleyes: Stay Classy Fox.

10. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i like this guy, but i never felt much enthusiasm coming from him throughout his run. maybe he's just a chilled out, low-energy dude and that's just the way it is.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Exactly. Him and Kaine both have public personas that tend to be more on the relaxed side.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My parents are Boomers and voted for Obama; my Dad has always been middle-of-the-road and will assess candidates outside the political party, but the current GOP has sent him to the left.

Neither of them are as far left as I am but neither is the current Democratic Party.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    How do you like a guy who called someone 'macaca?'

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm conflicted on this sort of thing. In some areas, I think you have a point. In others, though, I think the realism/realistic expectations has merit. In particular, look at how insane the struggle to pass and implement the ACA has been. There was an undeniably tremendous cost to the political capital of his first term, and it was legitimately quite difficult to work out even aside from Republican opposition. I'm not sure anything much more substantial could have been achieved. A public option, perhaps, but that would have been more symbolic than the sort of wholesale transformation of the system that I presume you would desire.

15. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i don't know a single person that hasn't done at least one ****ed up thing in their lives.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm not really blaming Obama alone for this.

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    gee i hope he's banked enough Political Capital this term to stop murdering american citizens in drone strikes. maybe he can spend a little Political Capital on something nice like ERA or a public option

i know i blew all my Political Capital on video games last month

Darth Guy likes this.
  18. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
  19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I like how he thinks college loan debt forgiveness was "a gift." Yeah, it's forgiven after 20 years and as long as you made the minimum payments. Still can't include it in bankruptcy nor does the "gift" cover the majority of the people who default on such debt. Oh, Mitt.

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I don't think he can win with that kind of arrogance. It's just another example of--

oh, right. he lost. it's like you could see it coming from miles and years away.

21. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    In the words of my grandfather...."Can't trust those goddamn mormon bastards."

Platelet likes this.
  22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    It's a wonder how someone who had this low an opinion of a huge portion of the American people lost this election.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Right, Mitt, more affordable student loans couldn't possibly help people get an education and maybe a better paying job so they can contribute more to society--they're just a gift to people who won't take responsibility for their lives.

Silly poor and middle class people, higher education is for people with rich daddies.

And that contraception? Noooo, it couldn't possibly help poor women delay having children until they are actually in a position to take care of them. We couldn't let women having that kind of control over their own lives, could we?

I don't know what appalls me more, Romney's overall attitude or his arrogance in thinking that he would actually win with that attitude.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Hard, Religious right of the GOP wants us women barefoot and pregnant so that we can't vote, make minorities jump through hoops so they can't vote, and leave everybody poor and uneducated so that white men can buy their lies and vote for them. And the rest of the GOP goes along with it so they can get into power.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's basically what Maureen Dowd said, that it never occurred to the Romney guard of old white men that the 1950s were over, and the shock over their loss is indicative of the fact that it never occurred to them that the 1950s are over.

Summer Dreamer likes this.