main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    But even COD, LOE & Plagueis drew heavily upon EU sources to weave together it's story into the PT backdrop.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    And what does that have to do with anything?

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

KamSolusar, Zorrixor, TrakNar and 2 others like this.
  4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I think it will probably just be a large Force ghost presence. That would be the only thing tolerable.

Oh wait... the underlined part. Can I have one of those stress reduction kits? I guess it could turn out well, and leave the EU somewhat intact, but that's still a bit scary.

Though hey, I guess if you want to do movies about Darth Vader, you better damn well make sure you do them when James Earl Jones is still alive.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I heard from a drunken hobo that the fourth trilogy will be entirely about womprats. It'll be Pixar animated, and involve the intersection of slapstick comedy and deontological debates on mother nature.

Did I mention this hobo had ties to Lucasfilm? He knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that might have once seen George Lucas at a supermarket in the 60s.

Zorrixor likes this.
  6. Dragon_eye

Dragon_eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    Oh dear...I just found out about this and all I can think of is Disney and Jedi doing a singing number....:_|

I need to go back under my rock...

7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh, I'm head desking at the thought, 99% unlikely as it is, of Jake Lloyd playing Han Solo :p

Just for the sake of conversation, though, has anyone official actually called it the "sequel trilogy", or has it always just been "new Star Wars movies?". In all honestly, an trilogy between the trilogies would make a degree of sense. I mean, everyone knows Vader; he's pretty much up there with Superman in terms of recognizability (I know that's not a word). And, dare I say it, could be very good, if handled with care; you have the familiar elements, Vader, Sidious, Empire, Star Destroyers, and can do it in a way that won't invalidate the EU.

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Vader and Stormtroopers have already done a dance number - someone posted the You Tube clip!

9. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone apparently hasn't heard of Kinect Star Wars...

10. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, my opinion toward Kinect Star Wars are comparable to yours with TCW :p

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They've had "Star Wars Dance Off" contests at Disneyworld since AT LEAST 2006... Vader dances every year.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have on good authority that Episode VII will revolve around Admiral Ackbar. Apparently, the screenplay is being written by a longtime fan. I think that it is admirable that this fan is going to work on this screenplay. It came in the nick of time. Apparently he has been working on this story for 22 years.

[face_batting]

--Adm. Nick

Zorrixor, Havac and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They could do a Shadows of the Empire Trilogy

Episode VII: Back to Tatooine
    Episode VIII: The Falleen Pervert
    Episode IX: Vader Saves the Day

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    If that's directed at me, Zeta, have heard of it but have no X-box so have not yet experienced it (my nephew does have an X-box and the Kinect attachment). Is it an experience to be avoided? If so, I'll have to refuse invitations from now on!

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sounds like a trap to me.

Jedi_Glover and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh good lord yes.

17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'd watch it. It also adheres to the the current trend of splitting a book into three parts.

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    No, that was directed at the "Disney equals Jedi singing" person.

19. Dragon_eye

Jan 24, 2006
    I just hope it is something entirely different than the story we already know and somewhat love. If they keep going back and forth for the next umpteen years we might get a whole story in the next thirty so years. I just hope they do not do the "Vader Years"

20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    The biggest "problem" with doing a Vader trilogy will be that, by the next time the next trilogy rolls around, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher will almost certainly be too old to do a "sequel trilogy". Whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable.

But like I said, there can be no Vader movie without James Earl Jones (Chad Vader is good, but come on), and he's 81...

I feel a bit sick speaking of actors like they're cows that need to be milked before they die [face_sigh]

21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Point Taken

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  22. Dragon_eye

Jan 24, 2006
    True, in respect for the actors on being to old before it is all said and done. To bad they could not do a reboot ....might work

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    "What would you do . . . if I sang out of tune?"

24. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "Would you stand up and leave me, Padme?"

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'd toss a coin in an effort to decide whether I should stand up and walk out on you or kill you for your insolence.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.