main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    ME: "I think the next trilogy will be good"
    OTHERS: "NO!"

ME: "I think the Disney buy is for the best"
    OTHERS: "NO!"

ME: "I wouldn't mind an Gungan Jedi"
    OTHERS: "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Hey, I just realized something, I used christmas colors!

2. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    I want a Matthew Stover-written Star Wars movie, preferably directed by Christopher Nolan. Doesn't have to be ep. 7-9, I just want it to happen.

3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I was going to post that I want an ewok party, but then I realized that there is NO WAY ewok parties are unpopular.

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Luke as the bad guy! Muhahahahah

I still want the Empire around

5. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I want to see ancient jedi versus old republic jedi versus new republic jedi versus the grey force users versus the sith versus the ancient sith versus monster zombie vampire borg super dark black side sith versus other things in an epic battle where you do not know who will win the battles in the next twenty Star Wars films from now.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The group of people who are already complaining that the Big 3 are too old would have field day with Ahsoka being, what, roughly 20 years older than Luke and Leia?

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    well she could be stuffed in carbonite.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    That the EU is ignored an when its we build a fire and burn all those crap books in a bonfire

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    you get a like for christmas colours.
    I'd take that.
    Hell, i'd like a Stover, Zahn and Luceno collaboration on a damn novel first.

10. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    That I would want some kind of "Darth Vader" to return and be a badass. Vader is the face of Star Wars. Even the PT had trouble not marketing those movies without some kind of suited Vader reference.

And no, I didn't say I wanted Anakin/Vader to return. But someone else to take the role.

11. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I don't want the Sith to return.

UKS

12. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    My unpopular desires for Episode 7:

-Maintain EU. They shouldn't adapt anything directly, but use the EU for development and enhancement of the ST to the best of their ability. (One caveat would be if only certain elements have to be plucked off for a better story).

-Bring back Luke Skywalker. Use him as an elder statesman in an OT Obi-Wan way. (I didn't think this was unpopular until reading some of the posts).

-Utilize EU and OT characters. Beyond the big 3 consider utilizing characters that can enhance a story and make it tie well to the OT.

-Maintain some of the great themes from the OT, PT, and EU. Yes, battle the dark side, but don't undermine the "Chosen One" back story with whole hordes of Sith. Another Dark Side faction is doable.

-Use side stories/characters from OT, PT, and EU as more central elements, thus revealing something to us about these things in the other films. This could even enhance our viewing of the OT and PT. (With that said, they would have to be extremely careful, nothing cheap. Maybe it is revealed that a small character from the OT, PT or EU played a more pivotal role behind the scenes than we ever thought, but nothing cheesy).

TreborSabreon and The_Hellhammer like this.
  13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Bring back clones of Darth Maul & have an army of Darth Mauls to fight the good guys.

14. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Good thinking CoolyFett.

What I'd really like to see is two hutts having a fight, charging each other like walruses.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I don't think I want to see Han come back. Considering how much Vader's character was buggered up by the prequels, it might be better if Han's was just left alone & not included in further films.

16. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Though I've been lurking for a few weeks I am not entirely sure just how unpopular my opinions are, but I'll throw them in anyway.

1) I'd rather not have original trilogy (or prequel trilogy) characters in the sequels, with the exception of minor roles for Luke and Leia if necessary for the story; Artoo and See Threepio could be around, but as the prequels showed (IMO!IMO!) they aren't necessarily needed.

2) I don't want Sith Lords, cloned Sith Lords, resurrected Sith Lords or any EU Sith Lord.

3) In fact I don't want anything EU at all (a few borrowed names okay, but not plots or characters)

4) I want less lightsaber action, closer to the originals

5) I'd like a Star Wars trilogy with a whole lot less CGI than we got with the prequels.

17. Suginami

Suginami Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    I want Jaxxon to make an appearance.

princessnikki likes this.
  18. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    I remember Jaxxxon, that's the rabbit guy right? from the Marvel comics? [face_laugh]

Suginami likes this.
  19. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I would prefer if the movies focused on a new generation. And the new generation does not have to be Luke, Leia and Han's kids. Maybe grand or great-grand kids.

20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want this cameo.

[​IMG]