main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah this is true, I was just looking on Wookieepedia at different Jedi, and they are unsure about many of them if they survived or not, like your examples above.

2. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Luke
    Han
    Leia
    Chewbacca
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Lando

Solo and/or Skywalker kids, whether named the same or not. I personally want to see a male/female set of twins (you need both males and females in your next starring generation). Whether Luke has a significant other is optional. The film might feel a bit less cluttered if Uncle Luke is a hermit-like Jedi teacher. However, I would support Luke having a son in order to have that father/son dynamic continue.

No resurrections (and non-Kiwi Boba with his 4 brief lines died in the Sarlacc). Little to no Prequel elements (Force ghost Ewan!Obi-Wan might be the only one that wouldn't be too forced). I want aliens with humans in prosthetics/costumes (they can do amazing things with prosthetics these days--and it looks a million times better with more physical presence and weight than practically all CGI creations), muppets, real sets, real worldwide locations, focus on characters and good dramatic dialog instead of CGI army fights, the lightsaber battles shouldn't all be mindless computer-enhanced gymnastics (because of the limited nature of the choreography in the OT, the fights had far more focus on characterization instead of computer-enhanced leaping about with faces pasted on--cut that out!), minimal green screen and minimal CGI. I want a lived-in universe with Ralph McQuarrie-esque character.

3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    And some survived the initial clone-led slaughter, but were still killed by agents of the Empire later (Shaak Ti, Bultar Swan, for example), so I'm not sure whether these should be included or not.

4. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

We are also assuming that those other guys are dead too: Maul, Emperor, Windu, Fett, etc....

5. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Boba didn't die. He got out.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Leia
    Luke
    Han
    Chewbacca
    C3PO
    R2D2
    Solo/Skywalker kids.
    Palpatine - I really liked the idea of a cloned Emperor from the EU comics. He could be a villian, but maybe not a main character for the new films.
    As for force ghosts, I would love to see Yoda return to Luke. It would be almost 40 years since he died, but I think it would help serve as a connection to Return of the Jedi. And maybe Padme could appear to Leia. She wasn't a Jedi, but Leia seemed to have a very strong connection to her despite only seeing her once when she was born. Maybe they could use a moment like that to explain why Leia could remember her. I always wondered why Leia would remember her and Luke didn't despite becoming a Jedi.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]
    About Boba Fett... This is a page from a Star Wars encyclopedia. Look at the paragraph down the very bottom of the page that says "The only know survivor...".

8. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Lived in universe= Key to Star Wars

9. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Boba is more a man than Maul, Emperor, Windu? But I thought that people who use the force are tougher.

10. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Not necessarily. The Force only makes someone extra awesome if they are awesome already. Boba Fett was a seriously amazing force to be reckoned with. I'm not surprised. Especially since Mandos have killed Jedi a lot. Boba is one tough cookie.

11. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Original characters.

They shouldn't pull what Disney did on Pirates of the Caribbean IV. Having almost all of the characters be new (save for Jack, Gibbs, and Barbossa) made it feel unfamiliar. Personally, I think that they should stick with the books.

12. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

If Disney does to Star Wars what it did to the newest Pirates film, will it still do good in the box office?

13. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Mainly new characters along with 3PO & R2
    The only other members of the older trilogy we should see: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando or Force Ghost Yoda

14. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    The seventh one probably will, just because of people wanting to see what the new trilogy is about, but the eighth and ninth probably won't do as well.

15. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke should marry a younger South American girl like Al Bundy did in Modern Family.

16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I was including movie Jedi who survived Order 66. The Jedi Purge was what followed after that.

17. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Also, a lot of Jedi who survived Order 66 didn't die in the Purge, but became non-Jedi when they went over to the Empire.

18. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Ahsoka, Shaak Ti, whoever -as long as we have more gorgeous Togruta I'm happy.
    I would post some amazing pictures of the two but they're NSFW ;)

19. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    i want ahsoka over shaak ti

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    ?????

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Jawas again . . .

Nothing says Star Wars quite like Utinni!

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, I'd love to see Ahsoka in the ST, but I reckon people would hate that even more than Shaak Ti being in the ST.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, Jawas and Tusken Raiders should be in the ST.

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    just have anakin stuff her in carbonite at the temple or have sidious do some cloning experiments or something. There are easy outs not sure they should be used though.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    She actually could be in it since she's quite young in TCW so she'd be about middle aged by the time of the ST.