main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. clarkson1988

clarkson1988 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2012
    Hello fellow Star Wars fans. To welcome the new Disney confederacy my brother and I have created this. Please watch - we feel it brings the Disney and Star Wars together. please watch this

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    what was the last song from??

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I watched far worse things in my life than that.

5. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I'm just wondering, what will George's credit be, "Story by", "Executive Producers: George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy"?

6. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    ok 1.37am thursday 15th nov......wtf am i doing here

7. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just "creative consultant" even if his role was bigger. Despite what his detractors say, he was a humble guy.

8. Brad Rowlands

Brad Rowlands Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    Well then, if Han, Luke and Leia have some part to play in this, I'll be happy, even happier if The Fett is back and will be getting midnight tickets if it has a great cast/director!

9. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    One of the biggest and strangest changes to the Saga will be the absence of the iconic "20th Century Fox" and the Duh-Da-Dummmmm...... music that precedes all the other movies.

That is, unless Disney buys that too between now and then.

10. aeods

aeods Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Fairly sure it'll keep that, like Avengers didn't have DIsney in front of it.

11. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    the only thing it wont have is the fox fanfare, the drums and trumpets. I doubt they will put a disney logo on it, theres no 'disney' in front of the marvel films. They will probably just go from the (maybe new) Lucasfilm logo to the "A long time ago"

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's because they made a deal with Paramount. They distribute the films under their banner, but Disney-Marvel still produces the films. In a way, it's sort of like the prequels -- 20th Century Fox just played the distributor role mostly.

The recent "Disney-Lucas" news made me think more and more about the possibility of seeing the Magic Kingdom logo prior to the familiar Lucasfilm logo or a new one. [face_sick]

13. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I want a John-Williamsesque new fanfare to somehow usher in a new Disney/Lucasfilm SW era. Said fanfare, The Disney logo sparkling like the Lucasfilm logo, the magic castle styled like the Jedi Temple, the Lucasfilm logo, then, BOOM! The theme music and opening crawl.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  14. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Why not "Creative Director?" It's a pretty common title out there and seems to fit.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I haven't been here in about 7 years and now I can't leave. It's SW. As the Yeah Yeah Yeahs say "It's something like a phenomenon baby!"

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I could see a "Star Wars created by George Lucas" screen acknowledgement in the credits.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I would like the Lucasfilm logo in the intro.

The Fox fanfare was pretty great, but it's one of those things that won't matter as soon as the film starts - either the film is going to rule or not.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As long as they have the THX logo and accompanying deafening sound, I'll be happy.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I had issues with the Warner Bros logo in TCW, so seeing the Magic Kingdom logo will be nightmarish as well.

Wait for the DVD. :p

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, no more 20th Century Fox logo or fanfare music at the beginning, which will seem weird at first. Since The Avengers only said Marvel at the beginning I would only expect it to say Lucasfilm (but as someone said, maybe that logo would be updated somehow). So basically I would see it as starting with the Lucasfilm logo being displayed with silence (no fanfare), then "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....", then the first music we hear being the SW theme when the SW logo appears onscreen before "Episode VII: __________"...

GGrievous likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I haven't seen the Avengers yet, but the Paramount logo wasn't there? Disney probably paid them more than the 150 million to distribute these films then. :p

I doubt Disney would pass on not showing their own logo prior to a SW film introduction. This whole "Disney-Lucas" makes me think that they will distribute SW and let Paramount continue distributing the Marvel brand.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry, I didn't mean that Paramount's logo wasn't at the beginning of The Avengers... I just meant that Disney's wasn't as far as I recall. Paramount's may have been / probably was. You should see it, by the way. :p

And thinking about it more, I think you're probably right... we'll probably see the castle before we see the Lucasfilm logo, as opposed to seeing Paramount or seeing nothing besides Lucasfilm.

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    According to Wikipedia, regarding The Avengers:

"As part of the deal transferring the distribution rights of future releases of Marvel Studios films to Disney, the Paramount Pictures logo appears instead of any Disney logo. However, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is credited at the end of the film."

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    eht13 got it..the Paramount logo is in The Avengers.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    My main concern for Episode VII is that everyone will hate it even though it's good just like everyone hated Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls even though it was good.