main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Obi-Wan Undercover Arc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Cody? :confused:Who's dat?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and Nexumaster like this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A clone with no importance to TCW even though he should [face_waiting]

CT-867-5309 and Valairy Scot like this.
  4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I see what you did there.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am sure you know who dat is. Having Kenobi on your avatar...

That is a good one.

To be honest... When I hear Rex, I see this.

Good boy Rex!

HA! He is Obi-Wan's clone commander. The clone commander that shoots on him and is the first clone to get the order 66 command from Sidious. He even has his own scene in the movies.
    Rex sure is not in the movie and Cody is - so Cody wins the importance award.
    [face_dancing]

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    WHAT!? This is maddening. Part of me wants desperately to buy S04, but I'm apprehensive. What if a chronological boxset is released after the show is over, like Young Indy? I'm not too willing to double-dip.

I had a feeling, too, that as soon as he heard "Hardeen killed Kenobi," the good Count knew. If I had my way, we'd have far more Dooku on the show. He's one of the most compelling characters. I would very much like to know the extent of his role in this plot. In fact, I suspect that Dooku was not privy to the entire plot (at least, the end goal: assessing Anakin's dark-side-temperature). For now, I can't tell if Dooku truly intended to kidnap Palpatine in order to free the Separatist prisoners. On the other hand, if Dooku was aware of Sidious's intentions, how does he feel about it? Is Dooku's power growing too great for Sidious to control?

Dark-Fox likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think you need to watch Rescuers Down Under again sometime Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan. =b

I think I understand the one of Anakin confronting Yoda and Mace being cut. I thought Anakin was being a way to raging with them. I still would have liked to have heard Matt Lanter actually perform those lines. Maybe you can Netflex S4 to get the special features.

I suspected Dooku was just one of the pawns so Sids was plenty in control. He knows. Dooku probably thought he would ransom for the CIS leaders and Dooku probably was planning to use it to try and kill Sids. It can be all complicated like that.

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And in the ROTS novel, didn't Sidious lead Dooku to believe that Anakin would be his apprentice and everyone would live happily ever after? (except the Jedi of course.)

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think you need to watch Rescuers Down Under again sometime @Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan. =b

Seerow

I might. I haven't seen but I heard it is quite beautiful and fun.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would be surprised if Dooku doesn't get a clue. This would be cool for TCW to address.

I tend to think it has one of the most wonderful and powerful scenes in all of Disney animation.

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I've wondered for a while about the moment when Palpatine, or one could argue Sidious, demanded that Anakin should "Kill him. Kill him now." Was something brewing between those two (Sidious and Tyrannus)? I refer to that time when the apprentice wants to overthrow the master. And as a matter of fact, we know that tension was present. We saw Dooku declare that he and Savage Opress would topple Sidious! Training Opress was a big mistake that Sidious himself had to clean up. Sith aren't forgiving, so I'm sure Sidious can't wait to remind Tyrannus of his place. Well, hopefully we'll see this for ourselves. [face_praying]

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well... ok... here is you guy's grand chance to educate me. What was the plan and the motive behind Grievous capturing Palps at the start of ROTS? I don't remember the Microseries addressing this.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The same as the thing in this arc that not need to happen - capture Palpatine and use him as leverage for negotiations. That I think was the official version.

This is why I really do not like this pointless arc - it takes away the originality of the movie.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... thanks. Thing is with the Rako Hardeen arc the motive of maybe getting the C.I.S. guys out of jail just isn't an important plot point. Infact its to unimportant for TCW to have elaborated on what the motive of Palps getting kidnapped was on screen. What was important was setting Anakin up to get tested by Sids and how the arc damages his trust with the council and even with Obi-wan. This arc is hardly redundant IMO.

QuangoFett likes this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Imagine if during the U.S. Civil War, the Confederate States Army swept into Washington, D.C. and abducted Abraham Lincoln from the White House.

War is politics through violent means. Capturing the opposing faction's leader does give you an edge in negotiations. :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gee... thanks. -.-;

I guess a better question would be. What were they planning to negotiate for? Which I think Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan told me.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Erm... victory?

As in acknowledgement of the CIS's legitimacy, free reins for the corporate oligarchs and all the "demands" that they originally planned to make in AOTC before the Jedi stepped in with the clone army to stop them.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Erm... Victory and independence? Small stuff like that?

"Screw you guys I'm going home!"

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

That is why I think this arc was ****!

For those who are Anakin-fanatics - it would be awesome. But for me it was just baiting and trolling. Cause we were almost there to the good stuff cause in the end of the day the arc just felt like a repeat of Revenge of the Sith.
    It could have not been if they did do the thing with the CIS commanders and leaders but hey, the show is known to annoy the Separatist fans and what not. :D

IT HAD NO PAYOFF!!!

Indeed. We all have our opinions but I just think this arc did not need to exist if it was going to waste time.

Indeed. That would have been interesting if TCW was not too flawed in terms of payoff.

CIS leaders, commanders and many other perks could have been gotten if this was not just a stupud Sidious thing.

That would have both tested Anakin and have the war going on for longer.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Seerow, you recall the "business on Cato Neimoidia [that] doesn't, doesn't count?"

Well, the James Luceno novel, Labyrinth of Evil goes into detail here, showing how Obi-Wan and Anakin secure Nute Gunray's mechano-chair, which itself contains evidence which puts the Jedi on the trail of Darth Sidious.

As Mace Windu and a new character named Captain Dyne close in on the identity of the mysterious Sith Lord, the Battle of Coruscant begins, forcing Mace to leave the search and defend the capitol.

Essentially, the kidnap was a plot designed to get the Chancellor off-world before the Jedi closed in. General Grievous, however, thinks this is a power play by the Separatists, looking to make a lethal strike at the heart of the Republic. It's amusing watching the Chancellor stand up to the General, knowing all along, of course, that Darth Sidious has insisted that the should Grievous' kidnap prove successful, no harm is to befall Palpatine.

QuangoFett and Zeta1127 like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I know this is probably horrible, but no. I remember the line however. I haven't read Labyrinth of Evil. The pretty interesting to thing the whole thing was just to get Palps away from the Jedi. Sounds more like Grievous was thinking to just leave the republic leaderless from that description. Was there still no mention of C.I.S. leaders being freed?

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't remember there being any.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Neither did I really. =b

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oohhh, See, you should read it - it's really good and it's packed with Star Wars-y fun. Allow it to sink in, then jump right in to Stover's Revenge of the Sith. Epic. Then, if you're really feeling saucy, head back to Luceno and complete the story of Anakin's fall with Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. You'll never look at Episode III, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Sidious or Obi-Wan Kenobi the same again (but in a good way).

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    lol. Alright. I will add those to the list of books I have been told I should read. I have been holding off so I can continue to have the inverse experience of everyone else.

TreborSabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.