main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My brother still wants to see it on the big screen. And quite frankly, so do I.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah Kinect Star Wars is awful. Now Lucasarts did make their own video games. So if Disney is not continuing that... then that could be bad for future Star Wars gaming. Unless Obsidion or Bioware wants to jump back in the fray

5. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    This is an extreme case of being careful what you wish for.

I've been out of the loop for two weeks, just found out about confirmed writer. When I IMDBd him I heard 3PO's voice We're DOOMED!! I hated Little Miss Sunshine (couldn't even watch the whole thing) and you couldn't pay me to watch Toy Story 3.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Even for someone who hates Pixar films (you read that right) and didn't like any of the Toy Story movies, objectively speaking it was fairly well written. If he manages to nail the tone of Star Wars better then, well, George Lucas, he should do well enough.

7. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You are not alone Sir. I've actually only seen 3 Pixar films. Toy Story 1 (liked), Monsters Inc. (was baby-sitting had no choice), and Brave (nice animation but was awful in every other way). Zero interest in seeing the rest.

8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Up was okay, but everyone kept telling me I would cry in the first ten minutes or it would be proof I had no soul... I actually had to look at the clock to see if ten minutes had passed before I cackled maniacally [face_devil]

TrakNar likes this.
  9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The reason why Up got me all misty-eyed early on in the movie was because it reminded me about when I lost a very close friend. Granted, I would have still thought the whole love story was cute, but because I had experienced watching someone I cared about slip away, then I cried.

instantdeath likes this.
  10. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Awesome, Jacen Solo in the movie! :)

"[Carl] - Ancient Corellian name, equivalent to the contemporary usage in basic of the name Jacen. Only used verbally on special occasions, such as first introductions."

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Heck, he could have had amnesia the whole time and we just never noticed.

No wonder George always thought the EU was dumb. I mean, a Wookiee language? Come on. Chewy just had a bad hangover. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.

Valin__Kenobi and TrakNar like this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You know, in terms of secret escapes... Ventilation shafts are all the rage. Though, one might take notice when hair starts coming out of the vents...

13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    A VERY BAD RUMOR!

A BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD IDEA

Zorrixor and TrakNar like this.
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Rumors should be banned from Lit. Save those for the cesspool.

15. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    If you've seen Jake Lloyd lately, you'd realise he is much better suited to play a reincarnated Jabba

and yeah it's officially the "Sequel trilogy" aka episodes 7, 8 & 9

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Don't be so mean about the Episode 7 forum. :p

Ordo Skirata likes this.
  17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    is he like, ugly or fat or something?

18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The best Pixar movie by far is Wall-E.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    IMO, The Incredibles is probably their most accessible work for people who don't care for their other films- it's basically a great combination of superhero films and James Bond.

Wall*E & Finding Nemo probably follow as their best after that, though. And Toy Story 2.

Toy Story 3 & Ratatouille sorta fill out the middle. Toy Story 1 is decent if you've never seen the Henson movie it ripped off (intentionally or not), but hollow if you have.

Monsters Inc is ok and A Bug's Life is their worst.

20. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Wow. Not being into animation I see I haven't seen a lot of recent Disney Movies. I think the last Disney movie I saw was Escape from Witch Mountain.:p

21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Original, Purple-power or eco-friendly, Mani?

22. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Original.

23. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Seen all three, that one (and it's 'Return to' sequel) by far the best, IMHO.

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Don't ever mention Finding Nemo in my presence :p. Most Pixar movies are just really bland for me, and don't inspire anything, but I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that particular movie again. I had to watch it at least a dozen times all throughout elementary and middle school (it was the teachers favorite "let them watch something when you don't have anything for them to do" movie), and that movie has since been burned into my brain and inspires nothing but hatred from me.

Oddly, the other movie I had to watch a ton of times throughout school (though this one only about four times) was Gladiator. History classes loved to show that one... I liked it once, but there's a reason I don't indulge in rewatching movies I like too frequently. No matter how good the movie, it will get stale at some point.

25. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My 7th grade English teacher had us watch an animated version of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe at least 5 times in one school year. Because of that I've never been able to really like anything Narnia.

Seeing the movie Toy Story 3 and playing the X-box game has made enough of an impression on my 4 yr old that he wants to go to college because Andy goes to college. That alone makes the movie a winner in my book.

Little Miss Sunshine made me laugh. That old VW van had to be pushed a lot, sorta reminiscent of the Falcon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.