main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode VII will be an Original Story

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by darkchrono, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I think we have threads on this, right?

3. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    There is a thread about the new trilogy but not rather or not it is going to follow the expanded universe. All that is said in there is people wondering if it is going to follow the EU

4. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    ...well, there goes everything right out the airlock

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I already heard this on a different website. Just because it won't FOLLOW the EU doesn't mean it won't use chunks of it. There is a difference between following it (which implies following a story line, like TTT or NJO) and cherry picking bits and pieces. It is still entierly possible we get Thrawn and the Solo Kids. Slightly less likely sure...but still possible.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    So...are we talking about if the new movie will RESPECT the EU?

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The article referenced tells us nothing. An original stoyline could mean 100's of different things.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And I've edited the title to reflect what we've been told.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I really think it is highly doubtful that they will use any of the names from the EU if they plan on it being an original story. Possible they may use some of the ideas. But probably not any of the names nor personalities. They may just take an idea and change it up enough to where you can't directly connect it to the EU.

10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
  11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm not going to claim they will use them. Just that its still a possibility until they flat out say 'no, we aren't using *insert EU character here*'.

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    sigh, they are going to royally mess this up.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    No it doesn't?

14. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yeah it does. Read the paragraph that starts with Eonline.

15. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Actually in my opinion a lot of the EU stuff wasn't very good anyway and to much of it contradicted eachother. It would of been more of a mistake to follow the stories that had been told in the EU.

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I want Kyp in the story so shush you

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I reiterate. No, it doesn't. I've read the whole page three times. Am I missing something?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    All I see is it saying that they won't be the basis for the films. I don't see it say that none of the characters will be used (I'm assuming that's what Sinre's arguing).

19. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    If they don't plan on the storyline to have to have something to do with Thrawn what would the purpose be to have Thrawn in the story as at all? To appease the few people who actually read the EU stuff?

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Clone Thrawn would at least move the plotline there forward. But I'd rather they didn't.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If they had Zahn consulting for a Thrawn clone I could dig it :D

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

What she said....I've got alot of fainting lined up you know!!!

23. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm hoping that this original story takes place after the FOTJ series, do we can keep our EU, and have amazing new content for years to come. :)

24. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    It is supposed to take place when Luke, Leia, and Han are significantly older (about thirty years probably after Return of the Jedi as there are talks of bringing those actors back). If you are looking at EU stuff that takes place around the same time of the original trilogy it probably will happen after that. But the history of the movies probably will not coincide with the books.

Now I am glad I never really started reading any of the EU stuff. Considered it a couple times but was always driven away based on the scheer amount of stuff that was out there and not trusting that all the books would coincide with eachother.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This paragraph:

They acknowledge that there are treatments in place and the despite the nine beloved Star Wars Expanded Universe novels written by author Timothy Zahn (most notably, the Thrawn trilogy which begins with Heir to the Empire) which technically qualify as canon according to the publishing department at Lucas Licensing in the ’90s, none of that will serve as the basis for the films going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.