main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Post novels after Crucible and SOTJ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Alonside Chuck Norris as Kyle Katarn?

Who do we get as Jaden Korr?

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    No Jaden Korr, not thrilled they made him human. Too many white human jedi, and they take one that could have been kel dor or something else and made him white human. Ugh...
    Lowie... YES!
    Tahiri... Yes
    Clighal... Yes
    Valin & Jysella... No but yes
    Saba 7 Tesar... Yes

Aside from that, go crazy and make your own Jedi

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    ^:)^

Kyle Katarn. In Episode 7? OMG.

Having now read that idea, this must happen. I do not care how. If we all have to bash down the doors of Disney Castle, it must be done.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The one thing that bugs me more than anything is the name dropping of Jedi characters that clog up the Jedi Order.
    Living Jedi Knights Appearing 5+ Times who have cemented their spot as reoccuring characters:
    Lowbacca
    Tesar Sabatyne
    Zekk
    Tahiri Veila
    Tekli
    Raynar Thul

Recient Jedi who have had 5+ Apperances
    Valin Horn (Hopefully will join the above group)
    Jysella Horn (Hopefully will join the above group)
    Jaden Korr (I don't care one way or another, love Kemp's books about him though)
    Seha Dorvald (Only Jedi to really get a master in FotJ, has good back story and potential. Hope to see her join the above group)
    Seff Hellin (Another white male human Jedi, he can be a red shirt with back story sometime)
    Wonetun (Either go with Radd Minker or Wonetun, Brubb is an odd race to have two of them in the Order)
    Izal Waz (Great Character who pops up from time to time. Hopefully will join the above group)
    Doran Sarkin Tainer (Son of a Wraith and a Jedi. One of Allston's favorites. Let's see him join the above group)
    Yaqeel Saav'etu (I'd prefer to see Kolir Hu'lya become a regular)

Living Jedi Knights Appearing 2-4 Times
    Avinoam Arelis (Interesting but do we need another human male Jedi?)
    Turi Altamik (Red Shirt)
    Tam Azur Jamin (Hasn't been seen since NJO, make him show up so you can kill him off)
    Yantahar Bwau'tu (Part of the Bwau'tu family. Lets see him become a reoccuring Jedi)
    Dordi (Really Denning we need another Barabel)
    Zal (And another Barabel?)
    Wilyem (And another Barabel?)
    Kolir Hu'lya (Her banter with Valin in Fury should earn her a spot on the reoccuring)
    Waxarn Kel: Human Male (Hasn't been seen since NJO but would be cool to see him return)
    Vaala Razelle: Arcona Female (Guarded a door once with Bwau'tu, unless she is romancing Waz she should be a red shirt)
    Sotharis Saar: Chev Male (Anti Slave Supporter, Lots of Future Potential)

Living Jedi Knights Appearing Once
    Radd Minker: Brubb Male (Red Shirt)
    Sanola Ti: Human Female (Kirana Ti's niece, lets see her stick around. Granted she is human but the Dathomiri and family connections might save her)
    Tiu Zax: Omwati Female (Infiltration with Mara in LotF, had potential, never seen again. Bring her back)

Reciently promoted with no backstory
    Huli: Arcona
    Rivai
    Jayk: Ryn female
    Ramud: Duros Male

All should be red shirts

On a random note at the end of LotF they mention that an apprentice named Derek is manning the Falcons turrets. I dont know why he peaked my interests

Any thoughts

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    So to recap...
    Here are who I think we should keep in the Order

Ben Skywalker
    Lowbacca
    Tesar Sabatyne
    Zekk
    Tahiri Veila
    Tekli
    Raynar Thul
    Jaden Korr
    Valin Horn
    Jysella Horn
    Seha Dorvald
    Doran Tainer
    Izal Waz
    Woneton
    Kolir Hu'lya
    Yantahar Bwau'tu
    Waxarn Kel
    Sotharis Saar
    Sanola Ti
    Tiu Zax
    and maybe... Avinoam Arelis

The rest shouldn't be forgotten let them be saber fodder

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Why gather hundreds to bash down the door, when Kyle Katarn can just as easily do it himself?

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Raharra Lapti - Klatoonian, still very young (was a trainee on Ossus) but has potential IMO.

8. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    So, in other words, he is secretly a Dark Lord?

Then that Darth Darth Binks picture was right

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Check out this EU NJO thread, Tim. I didn't include any apprentices however Raharra does have potential perhaps we should had her to the list

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...hought-out-characters.50006093/#post-50177284

10. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I do agree that less name dropping and more just generalizations, I hate having to go to wookiepedia everytime a name is dropped and I can't remember the character that appeared for maybe a chapter in a previous book.

S1thari likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I really want a Star by Star book around this time with a dozen to twenty Jedi on a mission. Then you can have some of the Jedi with potential given more backstory and personality. On the other hand, the one off Jedi that have only gotten mentions can be killed off. Not to mention, you could have Kunor Bann say something along the lines of, "I trained under Master Streen. I wished I could have saved him on Dantooine". I am happy with what they did with Marke Medjev. They made him the librarian on Coruscant. He doesn't need so much of a back story now that he has a praticular job within the Order.

12. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    I think a novel like Star by Star set after/during FOTJ would be awesome.

What happened to Streen on Dantooine? I can't recall.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Nothing at all, but you don't need to be at the event of some deaths, you can reference them

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But he and Kiranna Ti were to create an enclave and academy there

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Star by Star-esque novel:
    Survivors
    Valin Horn
    Jysella Horn
    Kolir Hu'lya
    Tiu Zax
    Doran Tainer
    Yantahar Bwau'tu
    Sanola Ti

Fatalities
    Dordi
    Zal
    Wilyem
    Kunor Bann
    Turi Altamik
    Seff Hellin
    Yaqeel Sa'veetu

16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    See, I actually really enjoy the name dropping, for whatever reason. Anything that reinforces all SW works being one coherent universe is fine by me.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Idea 1
    Waxarn Kel & Izal Waz find Tam Azur Jamin murdered. They investigate...

Idea 2
    Avinoam Arelis, Sotharis Saar, and Raharra Lapti fight slavers and pirates

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't mind them name dropping Lowie, Tesar, Izal Waz, Marke Medjev, or even Seha at this point. What bothers me is creating a character to name drop with no back ground. ie. Zal, Dordi, Wilyem, Kunor Bann, Turi Altamik

Look at Bazel Warv, they actually flesh him out to a point only to kill him off.

19. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Zal, Dordi and Wilyem (together with Tesar) make up a nesting Barabel quartet - that's the way they reproduce, and Barab 1 needs to be repopulated.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sure Denning would be willing to write that, but I wouldn't read it. We have Saba and Tesar, we don't need a small army of Barabel Jedi in the Order

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Provided that the genetics etc. hold out, you've already got them - there were two dozen or so surviving hatchlings recovered from the Temple at the end of Apocalypse!

Two Wild Knights Squadrons are better than one!

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    We will agree to disagree my friend.

23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    When I say "name dropping", I'm generally referring more to the name dropping of past events, stories, and character from other works that don't necessarily belong in the work that's doing the referencing. I definitely agree though that characters should be more than a name; a name drop is pointless if the thing being referenced does not evoke any image. Plagueis, and Luceno in general, is the master of meaningful referencing.

24. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    Exactly, he fleshes out almost all of his references. I just want there to be more centralized characters, not that the GFFA is getting too big, there just arent characters aside for SkySolo family that are fleshed out enough IMO. Like Kyris said, Bazel Warv was turning into a well thought out character only to be killed off. Even though he had one of the most justifiably noble deaths depicted in the EU in a long time.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Nelani Dinn, Thann Mithric, Natua Wan

None were amazing Jedi by any means. But they put more effort in giving a personality to the person they are going to kill off than the characters that is sticking around for a while.