main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    You do have to take 10 or 20 or 30 minutes to explain that. You can't just have him show up or have a character say "Boba Fett didn't die".

I completely see your point, its just not a good reason to shoe horn him into the movie.

So why can't they create a new bounty hunter who, 30 years later, is now the best? In The Clone Wars Cade Bane is the best, by the time of hte OT its Boba Fett, by the time of the ST its.........? What is the reason they NEED Boba Fett to be the Bounty hunter (Assuming they need one) in the ST? Why has no other compentent Bounty Hunter come along in the last 30 years?

Boba Fett was only after Han, not the rest of the characters, and only because vader paid him. There is NOTHING in the movies that show the characters thankful that they will never be hunted by Boba fEtt again. And if someone put a Bounty on LUkes head, there wol dbe other Bounty Hunters there to go after him.

Yuo bring smoeone back from the dead and it makes death less meaningful. If there is a good STORY reasonto bring Boba Fett back, sure. Go for it. But what is it? ANd "hes popular and I want to see it" isn't a good story reason.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I do actually like both Jango and Boba. It doesn't change the fact that Jango Jr is little more than a piƱata in the films.

3. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I'm fine with seeing more Boba Fett, I just dont' wan to spend 15 minutes dealing with how he didn't die and have him shoe horned into a movie just because he is popular. There are other, better, ways to get more Boba Fett stories out there.

A cartoon or live action show about him inbetween III and IV. A movie about him between III and IV. A novel series or comic series etc.....

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  4. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    When did Lucas say Fett lived? I've seen him say the opposite that Lucas killed him and other people brought him back (in what Lucas calls that other universe).

The discussion should be "there has to be a GOOD, STORY DRIVEN reason to bring Fett back". It can't and shouldn't be "hes popular and fans will cheer in the theaters", thats not how you make a good movie. If there is a story driven reason why they need a bounty hunter and why is has to be Fett and not someone else (and good enough to spend time doing a fash back, explain he isn't dead and how he lived) then sure, go for it. But I haven't seen that on here yet. If they spend time showing everything and everyone thats popular about Star Wars.......you'll end up with a medicore movie.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Fett was no older than 14 when Luke was born.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    George said it during his tour of Celebration VI this summer. Of course, he also mentioned considering adding a scene in Jedi, but regardless, he came right out and said it this summer. But whether if we take him at his word or not, my overiding intention was to say "enough" of the opinion wars.

If Fett is to appear, it had damn well be for a good, story-driven reason. You'll get no argument from me there. And I would offer that of course you've not found that compelling reason here. I can't imagine that you'd really expect to. This forum is full of fans and amateur writers - it's Disney/LucasFilm's job, in their professional capacity, to do the job right.

7. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001

Luca$ doesn't even know how to pronounce the name of SW characters correctly, so I wouldn't put any stock in what he has to say about their development off screen. If the new, and hopefully, literate and capable writers want to bring him back, so be it. I have no issue with it. As long as it's a good film. Continuity is not much of an issue given the trainwreck of suck that is the PT. i am sure after 7-10 we'll get a prequel reboot and they'll get Anakin's story done right.

8. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm not trying to hate on Boba or anything, but EU aside (And I am a huge EU fan) it baffles me how the average fan forgets to remember that Fett did absolutely nothing in the films. His greatest accomplishment was waiting around for Han to make his move and following him to Bespin. That is about it. You have enough familiar faces by bringing back the big three. I don't really see any big reason to bring back Fett after most fans believe him to still be dead. This is entirely just my personal opinion though.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I hear, 'ya, Green, but I tend to favor George's word on story and canon (officially Boba lives, and that's good enough for me). I get it that others don't and I'm cool with that, honestly. Hey, I certainly wasn't thrilled with the idea of Maul's return, but I accept it and, pleasant surprise, he's been handled in a decent enough manner as to add substance and a third faction to TCW. I'm just sick of hearing it about Boba, so I hope to see him in the new trilogy - as an insightful, impactful character, of course, but also just to finally put this all to rest.

10. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    The better place for Boba fett is his own movie or tv show set between RotS and ANH. Thats the Boba Fett people want tosee (in his prime, establishing his reputation, not failing to get the heroes etc....).

11. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd love to see that. Daniel Logan seems willing, too, from what I've seen.

12. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I can't argue with that. Both sides of the Boba debate are basically right. I understand his coolness and following (especially if you owned his action figure) but when it comes down to it, he did not do much of anything in the films.

13. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    Awesome idea.

14. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Wasn't he brought back first in "Dark Empire"?

The same apocryphal nonsense that saw Palpatine cloned?

Leave him to the Grim Reaper, I'd say.

15. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Is Daniel Logan even a decent actor? He did next to nothing in AotC and he hasnt' worked on anything besides the CLone Wars since 2003........

It doesn't have to be him but I think thats the direction they should go in.

16. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    Daniel Logan was the worst actor of all 6 films. No thanks.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's a very good question. I bring up his name for continuity purposes, but there's nothing (in my mind at least) saying that it has to be Logan. I like his enthusiasm for the part and he seems like a genuinely nice fella, but I've been fairly hot and cold on his work in TCW (though some of that comes down to the dialogue he's given to work with, too). Has he literally worked on nothing but TCW in nine years?

18. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, he was a kid doing little more than a cameo role. I'd argue that another (infinitely more important) child's role might have come off worse, but that's niether here nor there. Daniel Logan is no longer a child, of course, and his acting chops may now be drastically different from when he was 10 years old (or 12, or however old he was during shooting). What concerns me more than his performance in AOTC is fenton's mention of his lack of recent work.

20. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    What about that kid who played baby Anakin?? I think he's got Logan beat by 10,000 parsecs.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, that's pretty worrisome, no?

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I wouldn't really like to see him play Boba Fett.
    I can't really give you a concrete reason, I simply have a bad feeling when I think about it. I think we'd just get another Hayden, this time in Mandalorian armor.

I'd have no problem with recasting Boba Fett.
    In fact, I'm hoping for it, "canon" be damned.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    It's Logan's fake chuckle that does it for me. It's so forced, I cringe everytime.

And it looks like he hasn't done anything recently other than clone wars. After which, he will probably fade into obscurity.

24. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I do find this interesting. Boba Fett should be in the ST, even though he's only officially alive in the EU. But Chewbacca should be alive in the ST, because he's only dead in the EU, which doesn't count.

Anyone else see the irony of Fett lover logic?

25. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I hear you, but he didn't destroy an entire movie single-handedly a la that Anakin kid.

TreborSabreon and The_Hellhammer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.