main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader coming back For Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Ok.

Lucasfilm have yet to debunk the rumour so.......

2. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Along with the rumors of dozens of people directing the film. All of which come from sources that are not tabloids so......

Seriously though. If we hold every rumor as credible until Lucasfilm debunks it then we are going to go into the theater to see this movie expecting a lot of things to be true that were never even considered.

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Very well then.

But speculating is fun, no?

4. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Rather than being a super powerful, older and experienced Sith, as he was in ROTJ, Palpatine became a walking cheat code in the PT. He was basically omniscient and omnipotent to the point that he was laughable. We definitely don't need him back.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  5. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    It is fun, but I would rather speculate on what in the moment feels like a serious possibility. Info from a tabloid over an idea that currently has more chances to be a disaster rather than a success does not strike me as a serious possibility. By all means though feel free to speculate just don't expect other to agree so quickly on this kind or refrain from quickly pointing out the the serious holes in the ideas.

6. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Did we see Anakin in ghost form at the end of ROTJ or was that my imagination?

Anakin/Vader is dead. Anakin's ghost could make a cameo. Maybe a flashback or two to Vader. But that's about it.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I doubt very much this is true. Reminds me of those ridiculous rumours that accompanied the prequels. Some of those whoppers were hilarious. Hopefully we'll be looking back on this "rumour" ten years from now and saying the same.

8. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Such as the army of Darth Maul Clones?

9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Or an army of luke skywalkers? How about an army of boba fetts? Na but mandolrians would be cool to see in the sequel trilogy!

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Those. There was also a fantastic one about Mark Hamill playing Anakin in Episodes 2 and 3.You can tell the ones that are just utterly ridiculous and, TBH, this "rumour" falls into that category.

11. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Darth Vader will come back with new enhancements, he will partner up with Darth Maul and together will resurrect the Emperor. They will go to Kamino and make an army of Boba Fetts (unaltered clones).

Sitara likes this.
  12. Robby2Slobby

Robby2Slobby Jedi Master star 1

Jul 29, 2003
    I guess there was technically an army of Boba Fett clones..

13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I guess there was technically an army of Boba Fett clones..[/quote]
    And you can technically say they were Mandalorians, as the cultural ideology was taught to the clones by Mandalorians......

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think its a great idea! I don't see anything dumb about it. Bring back vader & maul! This is gonna be great! Having both Vader & Maul team up would be so wizard.

Sitara likes this.
  15. PleaseNoTimeTravel

PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2012
    'He was omniscient': He was only the puppet master of both sides, why wouldn't he appear to be omniscient?
    'He was omnipotent': If he were so ridiculously powerful, as you claim, then a single Jedi (Mace Windu), wouldn't have, at any point, gotten the best of him.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010

I cannot think of a single one.

I'm all for returning characters that people want to see - in the context of a well-told story - and even a 'dead' character like Boba Fett is fair game to me, as long as, like with Fett, there is some semblance of ambiguity surrounding their demise. But with Darth Vader, this is not the case - Vader dies as Anakin is redeemed. Then Anakin dies. And fades away. And then Luke burns Vader's armor to a crisp.

There must be better ideas being floated at LucasFilm than this. Besides, seeing the Big 3 return after 30 years is just as big a marketing coup as having some pretender to the throne don the suit. It sounds frankly ridiculous to me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Vader is dead... he's not coming back. His body was burned up on a funeral pyre.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Uh, yeah. This is why I will be paying attention to spoilers. I can't imagine paying money to see that. I'm not sure I'd let anyone pay me to see that.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  19. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    If you think Vader is coming back, then you completely missed the point of the first 6 films. And you probably haven't read Joseph Campbell's 'Hero with a Thousand Faces', either.

Vader's arc is well and truly over.

20. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Dear Walt Disney, please edit out the Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker ghost at the end of Star Wars VI Return of the Jedi.

At the end of the credits, edit in the voices of Vader, Star Killer, Venus & the Emperor talking.

This will cue you for clue on the next film.

They do this a lot in the Metal Gear Solid video game series.

Vader is not dead, only sleeping.

Luke places Vader on his deathbed & lights a match. Vader begins burning to death.

Vader & his bed is placed on a boat & pushed down a stream.

In some movies, they do not just burn the bodies of their love ones.

They also send them down a river to die in the ocean.

Vader was on fire before, at the end of the Revenge of the Sith.

Again, Vader was on fire at the end of the Return of the Jedi.

The Emperor redeems Vader at the of the Revenge of the Sith.

Star Killer redeems Vader at the end of the Return of the Jedi.

Luke senses this after the end of the film.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

21. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It's time to move on. Darth Vader was redeemed in ROTJ thus becoming Anakin again. Bringing back Vader would be a great way to run SW into the ground.

22. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    The redemption of Vader happened almost faster than the fall of Vader in the Revenge of the Sith.

23. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Very debatable, but your point?

24. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    maybe vader wasnt fully redeemed

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I said the same thing about the Clone Wars.