main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    If Dark-Fox hadn't just asked a question concerning the Force i'd ask what your personal view of it is. (Light v Dark, Potentium, etc.) I'd still like to know that. However my question is:

Which Sith Lord do you admire the most and why? Not who you consider to be the greatest or most powerful, but which do you perhaps find yourself empathizing the most with in terms of personality, actions, goals, and simply overall character. And do you see a little of yourself in him/her? From there, do you like the way said Sith Lord has been portrayed over the years in the different media?

2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Though you did not ask me Master Insipid, i'd like you and my master to answer me this question.
    What lightsaber form do you think best suits your abilities? Why?
    @darthhelinith s65horsey Sinrebirth

Dark-Fox likes this.
  3. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Darth Helinith's lightsaber form is Shein backhand when dealing with non-force users although when she's dueling she now uses a Shein/Soresu hybrid, which uses the defensive techniques of Soresu combined with use of force powers to aid her actions through the blade.
    She was trained in Shein when she was an Imperial assassin because her opponents were usually armed with blasters, although it doesn't really compliment her high agility and low power levels. Soresu helps her overcome some of the physical limitations she encounters with the power-hungry Shein and grants her significantly longer endurance.

Interesting question apprentice, which made me significantly rethink about Helinith's form usage.

4. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Master Helinith, I admire your dedication to your character. Back in my tabletop RPG days the best sessions were those in which every player had a really good sense of who their character was and what made he or she tick.

What is the cat's name btw?

5. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Charcoal.

I'd love to do a tabletop rpg one day but I don't know anyone in rl who is involved in them.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Here i am trying to beat off the Darth Flu. It's a tight battle right now.

7. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    I think the hobby is slowly dieing off; I haven't played in years and there doesn't seem to be any groups near where I live either. Is it just SW rp you want ot do or are you into other things too? Maybe have a look at ukroleplayers.com forum for gamers and clubs in your area.

Surely our Dark Lady of the Sith can out duel Darth Flu, even if their skills in the force are evenly matched? Have you tried switching form in an attempt to confuse the Dark Lord?

Or Lemsip?

darthhelinith likes this.
  8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Oh I'm winning now. I just fried it with force lightning a minute ago. Fun times.

9. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    Teegirloo
    Sith Name: Darth Rotticious
    Name: Braxis Lo
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Alderan
    Appearance: Unknown

Personality: Powerful and Decietful
    Personal effects: N/A
    Skills: Force Lightning/Force Speed
    Weapons: Single Blade Lightsaber
    Vessel: None
    Cargo capacity: 0
    Crew: 0

Biography:

Braxis Lo was born on the planet Alderan roughly 30 years prior to it's destruction. Raised by a single father Braxix never knew his mother, who was said to be assasinated on Raxis Prime.

His childhood would remain inconsistant as he and his father were always on the move. There was never an opportunity for Braxis to make friends or build any kind of relationships. Not even his father was close to him, he spent most of his time alone or running errands on whatever planet they arrived.

Shrouded in mystery of why they would never return to their home planet, Braxis decided to investigate. After serveral attempts to talk about his mother to his father, he finally told him that she had gotten involved with a gang, and that her murderer was unknown... as was the reason. Braxis was caught late one night searching through his fathers possesions, and was kicked out of the apartment they were staying in.

On Courscant, he spent three nights living on the streets, as he refused to return home. He found a picture of a dark figure in his fathers gatherings, he would encounter several figures close to this identity on the streets. He also ran into several criminals under the planets surface. This is when he realized his force sensitive abilities. A homeless Twi-lek of the name of Nurkatui offered him insight on life in the underworld. Together they worked to steal necessities for mutual gain. Braxis learned to use the force to unlock doors and read minds of their targets.

On the last night they planned to break into an old warehouse for supplies. When they broke in, they split up and planned to meet back at the enterance in 20 minutes. On the top level Braxis was beat over the head with a metal shaft. He woke up looking back at the dark figure, identical to the picture he had taken from his father. This figure attempted to kill him.

Using Force Lightning, Braxis escaped only to find his friend lying dead at the enterance. Behind him the dark figure revealed himself....it was his father. "The truth about you mother?" He said. A small metal hilt was rolled over to him, "This was hers, and she tried to kill ME!" He leaped into attack Braxis with an electro staff. Quickly Braxis ignited his mothers weapon, A red Lightsaber.

Nothing else is known about Rotticious. He has no affiliations, no home, nothing. The only evidence of his existance are the victims he leaves behind. It is said that he can bring down any enemy, the majority of his targets are Jedi, and Hutts.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Apologies for the tardiness, Master. My question is this: What do you think the presence of force abilities that are labeled as inherently dark or light side, but can be used by a user of the other side without switching over to the other, and perhaps even becoming more attuned with whichever side they primarily use?

Examples would be a Sith using Morichro to kill, or a Jedi using Dark Transfer to bring back a loved one from the brink of death (as seen with Cade Skywalker).

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Saga Edition students of the Aing-tii could have one of their abilities with a Light or Dark descriptor lose that descriptor, for them.

Maybe it's a bit like that?

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *smiles, softly*

I believe, relatively strongly, that the Force is an ocean. And, as an ocean, it has tides, currents, and direction. That can get intermingled, but there are elements which can whirl it into a tempest, or calm it. It has a flow. That flow is heading in a direction that is neither inherently light or dark, or good or bad. It is when one seizes that flow that you are tapping into the Force for your own use. That flow can be diverted to flow down rivers that serve you, but if you overdo it, there will be a backlash.

The Chosen One seems to be the manifestation of that, insofar as much as the Sith'ari is the manifestation of when the Jedi divert the flow. Divert it so far that it cannot be corrected, then the Force cannot naturally account for the imbalance and Abeloth can escape.

It is a very balanced system. Or, was. The Chosen One and the Sith'ari will have to counterbalance it for now.

In short, the water metaphor rings true most for me.

I emphasise the most with Darth Caedus. The Sith Lord who attempted to dabble in the dark and the light, and to curve the flow of the Force in his favour. Though I consider him above the definitions of Jedi and Sith for much of his life, his short reign remains a highlight for me. As someone trying to use the Sith techniques for Order, he represents the ultimate in arguments that the Sith way can bring peace to the galaxy. Which it did. That he was doing it to purposely break the Force is beyond that argument. That Jacen Solo lost is way into the dark side (and became a pathetic Sith), for spells of his reign, is indicative that a weak soul cannot become a Sith. That he recovered after Fondor, and unified the galaxy against him thereafter, is testament to the proper application of Sith lore.

I fundamentally dislike that Darth Caedus fared so poorly against Luke in Legacy of the Force, but I take solace in the fact that the Jedi Grandmaster was definitely dabbling in darker emotions; he was mainlining the darkness to bolster his powers.

As an individual who likes to see every point of view, even if only to better myself, I do approve of Caedus' worldview, much as I do other Sith who transcend their roots; Kreia, Revan and Vergere being examples.

I make use of Makashi with a smattering of Soresu and Djem So. Makashi is an elegant and vicious Form, which will maim many an opponent before the final blow is struck. Which suits my sensibilities. I wish to prove that I am superior to my opponent, and for them to realise it, before they die.

Soresu and Djem So are necessary purely to overcome the weaknesses Makashi has against those Forms. Djem So can shattered Makashi elegance, and Soresu can weather all manner of feints and misdirection. As such, I am required to take on parts of those Forms to counter them.

Your tardiness is noted.

I believe Force powers are neither light nor dark. It is purely in their application that they are so defined. Unnatural powers, however, will cause ones mind to crumble. Infliction of death by way of power (whatever type), is a natural end point. Creation of life by way of power is an attempt to break the natural flow of life and death.

For my part, I believe that essence transfer is not the creation of life so much as maintenance of ones life. It is still possible, with sufficient lack of care, to die, ditto the ability to anchor ones soul to an object or person.

The powers Darth Plagueis dabbled within have blow-back, as did Cade Skywalkers, who lost himself for a certain time period.

DarthJenari and Dark-Fox like this.
  13. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thank you for the lesson master Sinre. I really appreciate your force is an ocean metaphore so thank you for answering my question.

If I may ask a question related to the answer you gave Kev-Mas_Colcha in which you say that it is only through application that a force power is given definition, why is it that the aspect of the force defined as light or dark to the practioner has power in proportion to the wielder?
    As in, a power that could be defined as being inherently dark is easier to use by one who is strong in the dark side. It seemed to me that the dark side rewards those who commit to it.

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Dark-Fox - I believe the answer to that relies on the difficulty for one attuned to a certain side to use a certain ability due to the prerequisites involved. Certain feelings or emotions that a Jedi or Sith cannot easily access, such as love or hatred respectively, are often how one taps into certain powers that are labeled as "light sided" or "dark sided".

However, emotions are fickle things, and can easily have ulterior motives, which can sometimes lead to a Jedi dabbling in the Dark Side, or a Sith dabbling in the Light.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I must admit that I dislike the concept of lightsaber forms. Perhaps it is because I have never done and hand to hand combat in real life. I don't visualize anything particular with my character but instead I tend to react to whatever my opponent is doing. Insipid initially taught me how to fight so I'm sure whatever he uses is somewhat influenced in my form, but for the most part I'm probably less predictable in my actions because I don't want to put my fighting style into a bubble.

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, to be honest, they never really mention the lightsaber forms in-universe, and when they do its only done in the narration so to speak, afaik.

Honestly, it is useful for categorization, but in a practical sense it doesn't make much sense, because realistically there will be a lot more that fall into the "jack of all trades, master of none" than the "mastered a certain form" stereotype.

17. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Surely this means that the dark and light rewards those who commit to it, in turn making the intuitive next step of saying there is a dark and light side logical?

Sinre has a very Grey Jedi philosophy does he not?

Edit: @darthhelinith I suspect your away on a very important mission destabilising the jedi order. If you have any instructions or tasks you wish me to carry out in your absence I'll be waiting next to the holo projector for your message.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So. Which of the apprentices intends to join the Shadow War RPG?

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah we need more Sith. The Jedi are burying us!

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Nice job though your personality wouldn't be powerful you can use words such as cunning. Never use words like powerful cause your character would sound like a Gary Stu. Also the RPG Shadow war that were in is set at 146 ABY so if you entered the RPG you would have to tweak a few things.

The Shadow Emperor Since your master has disappeared I will take over your training until he gets back. That way you won't have to wait that long.

I will give you and BDOT a break until after Thanksgiving to give you a task.

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, as with anything, yes, it rewards those who commit to it. I wouldn't venture onwards to saying that there is a dark and lightside however, at least inherently - I believe its neutral in the beginning, its just that it can be manipulated on an individual basis by the person using it to be light or dark.

By the way, if anyone in here has a very Grey Jedi philosophy in here, that would be me - I founded the (now unfortunately inactive) official Grey Jedi fan club in the EUC after all.

Though Sinre was a member of it - due to its neutral status the members were free to join other force groups such as the Jedi or Sith, though they did have to choose between those, at least when the limitations we have in place now were in effect.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  22. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Sorry about this, I didn't get notified of the tag for whatever reason.
    I'll give you thanksgiving off, but tomorrow I'll have a task for you.

23. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    I like the Grey Jedi idea though. Jolee Bindo rocks! Is there a possibilty of you reforming the FC?
    It could be my fault as I'm not sure how the tag system works. I just write the @ followed by typing your name. Happy Thanksgiving master.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We have tags for Sith players in the Shadow War. The battles of Nirauan, Csilla and Mobus continue!

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Oh, I...completely didn't notice he was missing. Let me just take this opportunity to inform you that I totally didn't take him out or anything while you all weren't looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.