main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Marc-Antoine

Marc-Antoine Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    There is a character than few people talks but who could be a great character for the sequels and I'm talking about Kyle Katarn. I don't know who would be the perfect actor to play him but also what is good about his story arc, is that the original cast could play as cameo like Luke Skywalker as the leader of the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. What about a movie adaptation of Dark Forces: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy?

2. Marc-Antoine

Marc-Antoine Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    and Boba Fett as well :D

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012

4. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    I want to see Moff Muzztard, they can find him in the halolibrary with a hydrospanner

Maybe they can show his Battle against the pirates of the Pen Zan asteroids before he became a model of a modern major inspector Moff

[​IMG]

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    From the Wikipedia article on Star Wars Canon:-

So if the novelisation said that Chewie was 200, and nothing in either the films or the scripts contradicts it, then Chewie Was 200 years old.

As for bringing him back - all that is needed is for him to have suffered amnesia and/or been in a coma!. No one saw him actually killed and Sernpidal doesn't actually seem to have been destroyed by the moon's impact. Unfortunately the Wiki/Wookie links are down atm.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  6. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Or just, you know, ignore Vector Prime.

7. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah; he's going to be a senator.

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    I know that you'ld love to - but my way is simpler!

9. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    How is it simpler to involve a story about Chewie being in a coma beacuse of event that a fractin of the audience know about then just ignore a book written in 2001 (I believe) and having Chewie in the movie?

10. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    The retcon takes place before the movie - in a book. It's not just VP, there are references all the way through the 19 book NJO series - and quite possibly into more recent series.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    they are going to ignore the book in tim's solution. but to keep the EU whole, he will be retconned into surviving

12. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    So they have to make it a multi-media thing and publish books or put the word out andhope all the fans get it? And what point do all these retcons to keep eveything included just kill the universe. Chewies dead, oh what he was just in a coma. Thats some days of our lives stuff. Id' rather just restart the EU an dkeep the stories that have been writen in tact then bastardize them like that.

easier just to ignore vector prime, sorry.

13. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    You know... didn't Lucas declare TFU as G-level Canon at some point? I mean I know there are different levels of canon in the EU but that seems odd to me. However... it does have some odd repercussions like Arica (Mara Jade's disguise in Jabba's Palace) being canonized at G-level thanks to the RoTJ radio play.

14. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Wouldn't Arica being G-level while her being Mara Jade in disguise wouldn't be?

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure, but since the RoTJ radio play was released after Heir to the Empire I think it's more likely the reverse.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Ashoka would be about 81 in Episode 7 do the math born 36 BBY plus 45 ABY ( probable EP7 time line ) that makes her 81 !

17. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    She'd be old and feeble, just like The Emperor in VI, and look how weak he was.

I'm just going to throw out an idea, but maybe she could come back as a darksider causing all the problems to the heroes. Perhaps when Anakin turned, she followed his lead but was elsewhere when Vader and The Emeperor died. I remember the saying, "We don't just learn from our mistakes; we pay for them as well." The galaxy could pay dearly for Anakin's actions through her.

Also remember, the first time we saw Vader, he was an annoying child as well.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The way Filoni writes Ahsoka, she'll never become old and feeble. She'll still be translating Shirywook and saving everyone's ass.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Ahsoka? Wasn't she just some crazy Skywalker fangirl who wrote a load of self-insert fics about the Clone Wars and posted them all over the Holonet?

20. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I've only just started watching TCW and any capable writer can easily find a way to introduce/include her in the ST without it being forced nor incredulous.

She could easily just witness Anakin perform some incredibly controversial act (murder's the obvious one but it could be anything) that disillusions Ahsoka to not just her idol but extends it towards the Jedi Order, abandons and just lives out the rest of her life in isolation and communing with the Force...similarly to Yoda between RoTS and ESB.

This would also be why Anakin/Vader never gives her any thought nor angst in RoTS about any loss of her as he actually didn't lose her. As far as post-Order 66 and the Jedi Purge, I can believe even Vader conveniently not being able to locate her whereabouts whether intentionally or not.

An older, wisened and completely attuned to the Living Force Ahsoka could believably be approached by a freshly minted ForceGhost!Anakin upon his death informing her essentially "Hey kiddo! Wow you're kinda old now...guess what? Yeah I'm not evil anymore and atoned for all the bads I did. I'm sorry for everything. See I can prove it, here's Yoda and Obi-Wan, they can vouch for me...so a lot's happened since I last saw you...got these fully grown kids now and stuff...I was just thinking...they could use your help, whattaya say?" Any introductions between a FG!Anakin, Ahsoka and Luke/Leia would have happened already far before the timeline of the ST.

As far as introducing her in the ST without requiring any other prior knowledge nor viewing of TCW, NOTHING would be necessary. She could just be there and any character making introductions would just matter-of-factly just state her name. There's no reason to have to go into any of her origin/backstory/history at all. Any explanation for her existence, whereabouts since, and anything she's been up to can be area covered for its own movie, TV show, or even EU, including the idea stated above.

yodasbum likes this.
  21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't mind Ahsoka appearing in the new trilogy. It could be a nice nod to TCW fans just like a Mara Jade appearance could be a nice nod to EU fans.

Also, Ahsoka's a great character. That is all.

yodasbum likes this.
  22. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I find that Ashoka is fine as a character. Don't always like how she was treated or portrayed in TCW, then again I think Jar Jar is fine as a character they just made him a total ****. I don't think that she should survive TCW series because that would be too convoluted, but even if she did survivie TCW then surrely Vader would have tracked her down and slaughtered her.

If she turned up in VII to mentor Luke as an old lady I wouldn't walk out of the film and if they can make Luke and Liea into twins they can twist this plot thread into the ST.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    When I first saw TCW I hated her.
    Totally and utterly.

Then as the series progressed, I actually came to quite like her. She's developed in a rather nice way, the change is quite noticeable from Season 1 to her now. She actually has a character development arc, and a good one at that.
    I think by the time Clone Wars are over, I'll actually be able to say "Yeah, she's quite cool."

Darth_Pevra and thesevegetables like this.
  24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, due to her (aliased) appearance in the RotJ Radio Play - so I hear - and the reveal of that alias in 'Heir to the Empire', it looks like Mara is gold-plated G-canon! So sorry!

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm the opposite. I loved her in the first two seasons. My very first reaction was "Who the hell gave Anakin a Padawan?" but I quickly came to love the idea of Anakin meeting his match in feisty smartassery.

I stopped liking her when she became SuperShoka sometime in season 3. She was always there to save the day. She, a Padawan, giving the trapped younglings Jedi Master wisdom on avoiding the Dark Side. She, the only person who can translate for the Wookiees. Apparently, according to Filoni, she is the only one who can translate for the Wookiees and Han never understood Chewbacca after all. ("Keep your distance, without looking like you're keeping your distance. What's that? You need to lose your temper over bumping your head on this stolen TIE fighter so I can read your emotions!" Oh, wait...) By season 4, Anakin apparently can't retrieve his own snorkel mask from the bottom of the ocean floor without her help. Force? What Force? Apparently only Ahsoka has it.