main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.7 - A Test of Strength- discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    3PO: Don't you call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!
    Huyang: How dare you!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I kinda wish he'd do the hippo thing from Rocko's Modern Life. "HOW DARE YOU!!!!" and punt a couple of kids across the ship.

3. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    yeah, was surprised to read that..some things, no matter how obvious, are better left unsaid. That's like him detailing when and how he'll introduce and consummate Order 66. We know it's coming.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That isn't as bed as telling us Ahsoka is going to be fine until we get to the end of the show.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    true, true. Everything about the show's creator telling us such detail of the fate of arguably the show's most prominent character smells STINK OF IT *Jar Jar voice*

Seerow likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh well. I still got Rex to worry about. lol. It does seem like something interesting will happen to Ahsoka in the season finale. In her last ForceCast interview AE practically invited herself back for an interview she was so excited to talk about it.

7. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    I wonder if the new movie has any effect on the plans for these character's fates

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Doubt it

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    OH GOD THE HIPPO LADY. [face_plain]

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Doubt it too, and hope not.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    These characters will likely have their fates resolved by then although I guess you could use their fates as some kinda of foreshadowing or setup for the fate of characters in ep7. I don't think its likely there will be much crossover though with the exception of maybe some TCW planets and aliens being used or something like that.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In other words... NO AHSOKA IN EPISODE 7. [face_praying] :p

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obviously not, i don't know why people will assume she will be in Episode 7,

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Something like this...
    [​IMG]

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That should probably be in spoiler tags, for the few lucky souls who didn't read that article. :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Point taken. Went back and added spoiler tags so I edited several posts. Sorry.

We should really get back to discussing this episode although that one was all my fault. x.x;

17. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I loved the ANH-style opening of the hatch.

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I can't help but feel unbothered about the cliffhanger.

19. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    same!! that was really well done visually

20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm wondering what these episodes mean for Anakin? Was he behind all the other Younglings when he joined the Order? It's an interesting thought. Even as the Chosen One, would he be able to assemble a lightsaber with the Force? You can also understand Yoda's reluctance better in TPM. There's more to Jedi training than a little lightsaber practice class. I guess when you skip all of that you would potentially get a loose canon like Anakin.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    That is one of the biggest reasons I am really enjoying this arc, it adds so much to the films and the Jedi Order itself.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Agreed. This arc is going a nice job of exploring the mythos and the Jedi order in this time period. I can only imagine what would happen if kid Anakin was put into a room with Petrol. It must have been really tough. It goes to show how skilled and what a quick study Anakin actually must be.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Did not like the droid as saber construction master. But he was cool otherwise.

24. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Bah... That little droid is the only reason I started to watch the show (and now I'm part way through season 2 from the beginning--and that's saying something because I associated it so much with the Prequels, which I don't like). Love me some David. The show actually has its moments. The Episode VII news combined with David's cameo were the two things that brought me back to the SW universe after a decade of being driven away from the fandom, feeling rather left out since I was an OT original trio fan and the PT and EU discussions/arguments really, really left me cold (I really hated the fan culture around that time--so far, this place seems a million times better than I remember it).

David Tennant discusses voicing Huyang and hearing about Episode VII: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20328801

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.