main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Taking our kids to see the new Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by swguru2004, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    It might even be my grandchildren my oldest is 23 youngest 7 out of seven kids ....we have already agreed to see this together as a family

2. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    at 5 he will love it

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I think that's too young, honestly....
    We want to raise Star Wars loving children...so timing is important.

4. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I was six when i saw Star Wars lined up for half a day...great memory....went home with my brothers got some wood coloured it with blue and red crayons then bashed the living snot out of each other.

Some times being the youngest sucked

UseTheForceLady and PHGSWeyr like this.
  5. PHGSWeyr

PHGSWeyr Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    If I have to I'll be sneaking my godson (who'll be 5 in 2015) in disguised as R2D2 (or an ewok) they'll never know...

6. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    no real age rules for cinemas her in NZ unless it has a red R.

yeah but if you have to sneak em in they will never forget it

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I don't have any kids and that probably won't change by 2015. I do, however, have two nephews and I am absolutely looking forward to seeing Star Wars with them. That all hinges on their parents moving up here instead of to Texas, though.

8. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I was three when I saw Empire for the first time. My parents weren't planning on taking me, but I threw a fit that my older brother could go and I couldn't. It's still my favorite movie of all time.

Any way... the first thing I thought of when I heard the announcement on Tuesday was that my daughter will be 4 and a half when Episode 7 comes out, and what a thrill it will be if she wants it to be her first "theater" movie.

Of course, circumstances may not allow this, she may see something beforehand, may not be that into Star Wars (her father's heart would be broken), etc., but the fact that my kids can possibly see new Star Wars films in the theater is exciting news to me, and I hope I get the chance to stand in line with her in 2015.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw ANH at 5 and ESB at 8.

My kids will be 10 and 8 when Episode VII comes out. We'll be at the theater; it'll be a new experience in that it's a new SW movie for all of us, but they saw TPM-3D in the theater so it won't be their first time seeing a SW movie in the theater.

10. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    We don't know what Episode VII is going to be like, so it's tough to say for sure whether or not it will be suitable for little ones. My boy will be 5 when Episode VII is released. At age 2, he already can identify just about all of the major characters, but he hasn't seen the movies yet (he's a bit young to follow the plot of the movies right now).

I saw Episode IV in 1977 at the age of 4 and had no problem with it. My parents saw the movie themselves before taking me to it and concluded that it was fine for me to see. They were very careful about what they allowed me to watch throughout my childhood. I'm going to be the same way with my son . . . in fact, he doesn't get to see Episode III until he turns 13.

11. UseTheForceLady

UseTheForceLady Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Our daughter will be 5 and the new little one we just found out about will be 2. We will see episode VII first and then decide if its ok for us to take our daughter but probably not the little one. My daughter is 2 now and has seen ANH and loves to ask me "who's that mom" for every character! She doesn't get all the plot but loves every scene with C3PO and R2D2.

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I wish I had kids to take to the movies... :( but who knows? Maybe by XI I might have one...

I do have a 7 year old nephew who I've been sure to teach the Force to...he had nine PT charcters' names memorized by 18 months, watched 'Jedi' and 'Phantom Menace' all the way through at 3, and now LOVES the Clone Wars. To this day his two favorite Star Wars movies are TPM and ESB and the only film he hasn't seen all of yet is ROTS (his mom had him go hide for the 'scary' parts). I know he'd love to go see the new films when they come out. When I told him about them his eyes lit up like Christmas. :D

13. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    So a couple days before this sale was announced my wife and I had our first child. I was really pumped that my son would have the possible opportunity to experience Star Wars on the big screen. he would get to be part of the excitement of new reveals and stories in this great universe. It made me think back to some of my first memories as a kid with Star Wars.

I remember as a little boy going to see the special edition in theaters all on the same day with my dad. To this day it is one of my favorite memories as a kid with my dad. Getting to experience that with him was really exciting.

I remember my brother taking me to go see the Phantom Menace on opening day, and being in awe as a little kid with the incredible lightsaber battles. I was mesmerized with all sif of the films as I watched them on the big screen. I'm really excited to share some of these kinds of experiences again only with my own son this time. It is exciting to get to do it form this perspective now.

For those of you who are grown up and have children or younger siblings after seeing Star Wars as a kid, what are some experiences you remember from back then that you are excited for your own children/siblings to experience?

14. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Oh yes. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. The Sequel Trilogy is going to be coming out during the prime of their childhoods. They are guaranteed to become absolute SW nerds just like their dad. So proud.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    My son, who is seven and has an assortment of Star Wars toys and books, will be almost ten by the time Episode VII is out.

Needless to say it will be a very special moment for me when we go see it on opening day.

16. spoooooky

spoooooky Jedi Master

May 2, 2000
    I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Will be absolutely awesome to share this with her at about the age I was in '77.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Congrats!!

My 11 year old is making plans to camp out with me at the theater in 2015

Fleab88 likes this.
  18. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    That's awesome! By the way, I love your name.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  19. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I have a 5 year old son who keeps asking me if we can go as soon as the movie is released. I told him it would be at midnight and he said, "Dad, I can stay up all night if I have to."

I also have a 2 year old daughter who LOVES Star Wars (more than my boy actually) and she said, "I'm a big girl too, I want to come."

Let's see May 2015 my boy will be 7 and my girl will be 5, that's not too young to take them to a midnight showing is it...?

Fleab88 likes this.
  20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank You.

21. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    My nephew was born a couple of months ago. He'll be turning three in 2015. Maybe a tad too young to appreciate EpVII, but he'll grow into it for sure. His parents also love Star Wars, so there's no escape for the little rascal.
    I'm looking forward to seeing him grow up and be a part of his life - show him all the good stuff, like Star Wars. And, of course, Star Wars ;)
    I just hope he likes it...

"Good is a point of view, uncle"
    /LM

22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Good. Goooooood. Indoctrinate them whilst they are young

23. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    My son will be 4 soon, and I am seriously considering taking him to the midnight showing. I kind of wish it was this year though so I can force him to dress up like Yoda and put him in a back pack. He may object to that when he is 7.

24. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    2 daughters. 4 and 1. They'll both be coming with me on opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    We just adopted a baby girl ("We've always talked of adopting a baby girl-she will be loved with us")...she is now three months old so, she'll probably not be old enough for episode VII unfortunately, but by The time episodes VIII and IX Are out, she should be between 6 to 8 years old! I can't wait!!