main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A Jedi Council that actually gets things done would serve a purpose.
    The one that just meditates on events and waits things out...agreed, doesn't really serve a purpose.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Ah, but Allston, a very active Star Wars writer loves to include former Rogue and Wraith pilots and their families, which is why the Horns often appear in his novels. Not to mention EU fans will want them brought back.

3. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    And if Allston writes stuff in a new continuity post Episode VII he might stillw ant to include Corran. He might want to re-write COrrans history to fit better with everything. Corran might become a BIGGER character in the universe. Or Allston might see an oppertunity to create his own characters instead and leave Corran in the past.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true. Either way the Antilles family will probably move on unharmed

5. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    This is a great idea. As I've stated in a few other spots I would like to see part of Luke's struggle in Episode VII to include his different approach to being a Jedi. Partly with having a family.

I completely agree with this vision of the future Jedi. It's not that they are in anyway a "secret society" but rather that they are growing and developing in more secretive manners because of the way they are viewed. Their emergence comes when necessary and is viewed with some skepticism because of the events of the past.

I think initially starting on Yavin IV would be terrific. A development as the movies progress could be they move to the temple on Coruscant, but it's not necessary. I would like to see the new Order learn from the mistakes of the old Order.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yavin IV to Ossus...

7. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    But is having a homosexual character valuable if it does not add to the story? So many mediums now push for homosexual characters when it doesn't add value to the story. Paranorman was perhaps one of the greatest examples of this. White Collar and many other current television shows are similar. I don't think having a homosexual character just to meet some quota adds much value. If it adds to the story, by all means do it, but if it doesn't why report their sexual orientation at all?

As for alien diversity, I think this will be a given in the new films. Aliens will lead to better marketing. In the EU books I've always felt like there were more white males because the authors were given that as their basis for Jedi in the OT films via Luke and Ben, with only a wizened Yoda to contrast.

8. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It's not really valuable because... do you expect that to feature at all in the film? I mean most of the Jedi wouldn't have speaking parts would they?

You know what would be a cool way to feed the hype machine? A set of publicity photos showing the Jedi of the New Jedi Order... Everyone would be like 'Sweet'.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly... Look at the Jedi who speak in the PT, Qui Gon Obi Wan Mace Yoda Ki Adi Mundi, the librarian, and a few younglings. The rest like Kit Fisto Shaak Ti and countless others while well known say nothing

10. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    So by that logic... a few of the New Jedi will have speaking parts... unless new characters are created I'd expect:

Major Speaking Parts: (Mace, Obi-wan, or Yoda levels)
    Luke Skywalker
    Mara Jade Skywalker (If alive)

Minor Speaking Parts: (Ki Adi Mundi and the Librarian levels)
    Corran Horn
    Kyp Durron
    Kyle Katarn (Supervising a sparring session maybe with only a line or two)

Cameos without Lines:
    Everyone else...

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Plus Jaina and Ben, and any other Jedi on their group.

I'd also like Cilghal to mutter, "It's a trap"

12. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    lol... That'd be an awesome easter egg.

I didn't list Jaina and Ben because I figure they'll be the main protagonists... I was only thinking about the master or older knight level people.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I miss Alema Rar, she was a good character before she fell apart

14. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Bah, none of these characters will be int he movies.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I so hope you are wrong

tsunami1138 likes this.
  16. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I'm probably not.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    You will be, oh you will be

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    There's a great probability that there won't be any of those characters in the movie, except maybe one or two as an easter egg for fans.

There was quite a bit of wishful thinking going around during PT speculation as to which EU characters were gonna be around, if I recall correctly.
    You can see the result for yourself, hah.

Also, I cringe every time I hear the name of Ben Skywalker. I haven't read any books with him, and I don't judge him based on his character, exploits or whatnot.
    I just hate that name. It's probably the stupidest name they could've given him.
    It reminds me of an overzealous fan changing his last name to "Skywalker" on his driver's license so he's now known to coworkers as "Ben Skywalker."

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Or he is named after one of the most influential people in his father's life?

tsunami1138 likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Or to be precise named after the alias of one of the most influential people in his father's life :p

Yeah, I get it why someone somewhere thought it might be a good idea, but in my view it's a crappy name, simple as that.
    I don't like how it sounds and I'm not impressed by the lack of creativity the writers have shown in naming one kid Anakin and another by Obi-Wan's nickname.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    In a Hyperspace celebrity chat, Mark Hamill voiced his support of the decision of the EU authors to name Luke and Mara's son Ben, saying that "Pablo just told me about this. It doesn't surprise me. Somebody's using their head. George had talked about me handing Excalibur down to the new young hopes if there ever was a sequel trilogy, and not having hooked up with anyone, it makes sense that Ben ends up being the most influential person in Luke's life. It all makes sense, and I'm glad the caretakers are doing such a good job with the galaxy."[36] In the StarWars.com forums, Sue Rostoni stated that George Lucas was not informed of Skywalker's creation

From Ben Skywalker Wookieepedia Page

22. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Put me in the "I doubt the Thrawn trilogy, or anything else in the EU, will have much of an effect on the ST" camp. It just won't happen.

For the Jedi, really all I want are more lightsaber colors than blue, green, purple, and red. Orange? Yellow? White? Black? Anything to liven it up a bit.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well if you allowed Corran Horn in from the EU, he has a white/silver bladed lightsaber...

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Resurrect Mara Jade?

[​IMG]

25. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well you are not going to be able to tell a character is homosexual unless they get some development. I am talking about not seeing a jedi meeting packed with all white guys.

Interesting Theory. I am not sure how seeing a few white guys with the force suggested that only white guys can get the force. That logically makes no sense whatsoever.